Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2015, 12:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!

I am SO impressed with this install. I am so happy that VAG cars have such endless possibilities and provide such amazing satisfaction to the owners that it's unexplainable!
Cheers, and high regards to you for this dedication.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 00:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I am SO impressed with this install. I am so happy that VAG cars have such endless possibilities and provide such amazing satisfaction to the owners that it's unexplainable!
Cheers, and high regards to you for this dedication.
Hey frank, Seriously love the VAG car's for the amount of modifications they allow us to do, This was also one of the biggest reason i dropped the idea of getting a cruze, Have been following your mods on GT TSI too
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 19:26   #18
BHPian

Following your footsteps I have ordered a VAG cable, Fatigue detection, TPMS, ESP Off, Self parking, Pedals. I need to find a good installer in NCR.

Can you tell me how you inform the self parking that this is the place you want to park at ?

I checked that launch control thing related to ESP off. It works only in Automatic. ESP off. Sports mode on. Press brakes. Raise the engine RPM to 3200 and let go off the brakes.
Metallicar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 17:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now with Self parking & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
Following your footsteps I have ordered a VAG cable, Fatigue detection, TPMS, ESP Off, Self parking, Pedals. I need to find a good installer in NCR.

Can you tell me how you inform the self parking that this is the place you want to park at ?

I checked that launch control thing related to ESP off. It works only in Automatic. ESP off. Sports mode on. Press brakes. Raise the engine RPM to 3200 and let go off the brakes.

Have you got the TPMS activated? Esp, Fatigue detection, Pedals are really simple job, Self parking on the other hand is a bit time consuming.

You need to press the automatic parking switch, Once for parallel parking, Twice for transverse parking, Just keep driving and the car will tell you where there is enough place and it can park it for you.

You get all the information on the MFD.

About the launch control, The esp off switch basically turns off the ASR, Manual or automatic doesn't matter, Engine wont reduce the power under hard acceletration. Surely its worth the money spent.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 31st December 2015 at 17:38.
Old 1st January 2016, 02:19   #20
BHPian

I have just ordered 10 days back. Its in transit. There is difference between simple ESP off n launch control. In simple ESP off car starts from 0 rpm where as in launch control it starts directly at 3200 rpm which means turbocharger kicking in from the start itself.
Old 6th February 2016, 02:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Battery on my car is dying, I doubt VW will replace it under warranty? Anyone knows how much warranty does the battery has which comes along with a new car? I though the 2 year standard warranty for the car includes the warranty for the car.
Old 6th February 2016, 09:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Battery on my car is dying, I doubt VW will replace it under warranty? Anyone knows how much warranty does the battery has which comes along with a new car? I though the 2 year standard warranty for the car includes the warranty for the car.

In most cases they will replace the battery. No worries. A simple diagnostic will be run on the battery terminal and they'll know which cell is faulty, and then replace the whole battery.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 10:54   #23
BHPian

Tanveer, very Useful mods on your car. Hats Off.

Could you please explain the following and their costs.

1. Rain Closing - What does it do?
2. 360 OPS- What is it? Does it need need fitment of cameras?
3. Fatigue Detection.
4. Link of Chrome molding for windows and costs. And how is the quality as you have used it for over a year in Mumbai rains. Does it develop rust stains etc??

Costs of all these please.

Thanks

Last edited by MADMAX111 : 7th February 2016 at 10:54. Reason: Spelling mistake
MADMAX111 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 15:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
I have just ordered 10 days back. Its in transit. There is difference between simple ESP off n launch control. In simple ESP off car starts from 0 rpm where as in launch control it starts directly at 3200 rpm which means turbocharger kicking in from the start itself.
Were you able to to install the ESP and TPMS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
In most cases they will replace the battery. No worries. A simple diagnostic will be run on the battery terminal and they'll know which cell is faulty, and then replace the whole battery.
Going in by next week, Hope they do change it, Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111 View Post
Tanveer, very Useful mods on your car. Hats Off.
Thanks!

Quote:
1. Rain Closing - What does it do?
Suppose during rainy season you have forgotten to close all the windows or any of the windows is remained open and you have locked the car and gone, This rain closing feature will close the open window automatically if it detects even a slight rain. I have tested it and it works like a charm, Its very useful during the monsoon, This nifty features can save your interiors!

Its free you can activate it via VCDs.

Quote:
2. 360 OPS- What is it? Does it need need fitment of cameras?
Its basically a advanced version of the normal OPS which shows the display for the front and rear sensors, In 360 OPS even the sides of the car is covered, Which gives you an all around coverage of the car with sensors, Ill post a couple of pictures for a better understanding. It doesn't need any cameras.

It requires 4 additional sensors which are to be installed on the sides, Which i had installed for the self parking, And a supported Can gateway, So 360 OPS was just a matter of activating then for me.

Quote:
3. Fatigue Detection.
Its a system which gives an alert to the driver on the MFD with a Tea icon and saying "Break recommended" if it detects the driver is about to fall asleep, Or if you have been driving continously for more than 4 or 6 hours.

You need this, http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Volks...697345786.html

If your can gateway is not the AN version.
Quote:
4. Link of Chrome molding for windows and costs. And how is the quality as you have used it for over a year in Mumbai rains. Does it develop rust stains etc??
I had bought it from aliexpress, But the shop has removed the item, But there are several other sellers selling the same, Had costed me around 8000 INR including shipping via Fedex, And no customs were paid. My installer for unfortunately a rookie who did not stick the pillar chrome really well, But still its there, Quality is very good and comes attached with 3M taping at the backside, Had no issues during the last monsoon.

EDIT : Couple of more videos of the car.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 7th February 2016 at 15:48.
Old 11th February 2016, 20:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111 View Post
360 OPS- What is it?
Couple of pictures, Pretty useful.

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7033.jpg

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7037.jpg

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 11th February 2016 at 20:43. Reason: Typo
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 02:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

2nd Service done at 26xxx kms! And it was an amazing experience at VW kurla west service centre, Only sour point was they had charged 1k for AC disinfection, though my bad i forgot to tell them not to do that.

Total bill came around 14k, Which also included Tyre rotation, Balancing and Alignment, Was facing a couple of rattles which was too fixed very well.

A couple of pictures,

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-20160304123357.jpg

The car was parked like this using the self parking.

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-20160304123350.jpg

Notice the small R line badge.

Name:  Screen Shot 20160305 at 2.05.19 AM.png
Views: 3089
Size:  449.9 KB

Had recently triggered the Driver alert warning using VCD's Just to check how it looks.

Name:  Screen Shot 20160305 at 2.05.32 AM.png
Views: 3094
Size:  297.6 KB

Service interval was updated at the service centre, No checkup at 7500 kms now?

All in all, Enjoying the car every bit, It still drives like new, Surprisingly have been using the self parking feature a lot, Specially the un-parking, Really useful.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 21:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

A small dent near the VW logo at the boot which happened when my car was parked at a mall ! Damages 8k, The worst part? VW service centre took 5 days to match the paint ! They said this color is rare and hence we are having issues matching the paint but finally they pulled off the job really well.

ODO at 27000 kms, The car drives like new! Have no upgrades planned yet, Might actually sell the car soon since i have planned something amazing! Hope it all works out in the coming months.

A confusion i am currently facing is the tyre pressure, Some say 30-32 PSI is very low on the other hand VW service centre themselves say ideal tyre pressure would be 32 PSI only.
Old 3rd May 2016, 23:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the back to back post, Just received a couple of pictures which a friend clicked while he spotted my car at the service centre,

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462297008.993435.jpg
My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462297026.006102.jpg
Old 18th May 2016, 15:12   #29

Dear friends,

A quick question (or three!) on tires:

1. One of my stock tires has got badly cut, which means I need to go purchase one tire. Since I am already at 30k kms (it's a 2013 Highline), I was wondering maybe if I should get the entire set changed to Michelin Primacy 3ST? Any views on mileage?

2. Would I get any cash for the existing tires or are they pretty much worthless?

3. Any tire dealer recommendations for Mumbai?

Cheers!
Old 18th May 2016, 16:06   #30
BHPian

Mileage will not vary considerably if you stick to the stock size.
You'd probably get 500-600 per tire.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks