Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2015, 17:00   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Give the poor chap a break. He seems too sleepy to complete the review. It seems to have been shot at night and he probably was working overtime. Lol. On a serious note pls take his review lightly. It's been sometime since all of us laughed.
Old 30th July 2015, 17:13   #1367

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

I have been looking to buy Creta AT but with about 16.3L OTR in Hyderabad, it is going way beyond my budget.
I am now considering Creta manual transmission. To my surprise 1.6 CRDI SX+ variant (15.2L OTR) is commanding significant premium over 1.6 CRDI SX (13.9L OTR) without offering significantly in return.

For 1.3 Lakh extra (OTR) on SX+ you get only following extras over SX:
7'' touch screen with Navigation Vs 5'' touch screen without navigation
Reverse camera Vs Reverse parking sensor
Shark-fin antenna Vs micro roof mounted antenna
Keyless entry with push button start/stop Vs Foldable key
Chrome door handle Vs Body coloured door handles

I don't think above features should command the kind of premium Hyundai is asking for, or I am missing something?

1.6 CRDI SX seem well kitted and offers good value for the price.
suyr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 17:40   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Had a wonderful day driving my Lazarus through the crowd-filled streets of my city.

Some observations:
Sir, The attention to detail is exemplary

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th July 2015 at 19:48. Reason: Hi, please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers. Thanks.
adik1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 18:30   #1369
j76
BHPian

The Creta vs Duster comparo has been posted on autocar website.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...on-396567.aspx
j76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 18:58   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suyr View Post
I have been looking to buy Creta AT but with about 16.3L OTR in Hyderabad, it is going way beyond my budget.
I am now considering Creta manual transmission. To my surprise 1.6 CRDI SX+ variant (15.2L OTR) is commanding significant premium over 1.6 CRDI SX (13.9L OTR) without offering significantly in return.
1.6 CRDI SX seem well kitted and offers good value for the price.
@suyr I had also pointed out the same thing in my earlier posts but my comparison was between 1.6 CRDI SX and 1.6 VTVT SX+ which were the only two reasonable options within my budget. CRDI feels slightly better due to the extra torque but petrol is not bad either. But all the reviews so far has been totally focused on diesel with some passing comments at best about petrol variant. What do you think about going for SX+ petrol over SX diesel?

I had also messaged @RavenAvi to get his feedback since he chose the VTVT SX+. Lets see what he has got to say.
mustangvins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 19:03   #1371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Is there any update on when the Official Review is expected?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
The preview page has gone over 90 pages. We all are waiting and dying for the official review. How much more time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
My sixth sense says that our team bhp review will be out this saturday!
Now dont ask me how i came to this conclusion!!
Sixth sense is my answer!
As per the below post by GTO earlier in this thread, the Official Review is expected by August mid. So couple of more weeks to wait. As GTO said, quality takes time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We will most certainly be compiling a full official review of the Creta. However, the media drives are taking place after a couple of days. Our review will be up by mid-August (or maybe the 3rd week).

Remember, quality takes time . It's never by accident.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 30th July 2015 at 19:05.
Old 30th July 2015, 20:13   #1372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Homework ahead for me. Ciao!
Thanks for the quick writeup and opinion.

What do you think about the engine? If compared with the City engine, how does it feel (power, torque, drivability, sound/lack of sound)?

Also, what tyres (size) does the SX+ come with, and how does she ride on undulating roads and bad stretches? How does the suspension react to load? Does it sag/sit and hence lose cushioning like the Verna?

Sorry about the questions, but the preview and other reviews don't seem to be very clear on these points

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangvins View Post
What do you think about going for SX+ petrol over SX diesel?
I had also messaged @RavenAvi to get his feedback since he chose the VTVT SX+. Lets see what he has got to say.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 21:05   #1373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suyr View Post

True there is hardly a noticeable difference between the two. I would prefer to buy the SX over the SX+ if these were the only models available. But you have the SX(O). Pls do not compromise on the safety features. At the speeds we drive at,the improved highways,the lousy road sense and not to mention the cattle on our highways, pls insure yourselves with all the safety features. It will make a lot of sense to shell out the additional amount as an EMI.

Last edited by ampere : 30th July 2015 at 21:22. Reason: Removed quoted post
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 22:04   #1374

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangvins View Post
@suyr I had also pointed out the same thing in my earlier posts but my comparison was between 1.6 CRDI SX and 1.6 VTVT SX+ which were the only two reasonable options within my budget. CRDI feels slightly better due to the extra torque but petrol is not bad either. But all the reviews so far has been totally focused on diesel with some passing comments at best about petrol variant. What do you think about going for SX+ petrol over SX diesel?

@mustangvis, For me it would be 1.6CRDI SX over 1.6VTVT SX+. I value the extra torque, diesel economy and also the better resale value of 1.6CRDI SX over the few fancy features of 1.6VTVT SX+. This is my personal opinion.
I test drove both diesel and petrol variants for a short distance, both of them do the job well. Diesel has little more grunt, petrol is very refined.
suyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 22:12   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
So finally, got my car in the evening. It was a good experience and happy that I didnt have to wait long to get the car. Also, I think I made the right decision in going for the SX (O).

Few pictures that I took today. I shall take better pictures in the coming days.
Switched boats?
Hope its not because of some major problem with EcoSport.

Loved the Creta interiors more though!
Old 30th July 2015, 23:16   #1376
BHPian

I picked up my automatic Creta Silver colour in Bangalore today. For me the options for automatic diesel in suv type are very limited and next choice is around 10l more. So regardless of high price, I decided to go for it. I had booked in 3rd week of June. Happy with the machine. The engine is refined, very responsive. The ride and suspension (front and back seats) is comfortable. The experience at the showroom was pleasant. They met all agreed deadlines. Not a petrolhead, cant get into technical details. AVN system is good. Need to explore the car and its features more and will read the manual.

Short and sweet name decided - Ami.

Thanks to all the contributors over all the pages esp Ravenavi for detailed inputs and guidance on the car and its features. Really helped with the decision esp after the price announcement.

Last edited by Wheeliej : 30th July 2015 at 23:28.
Wheeliej is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 00:13   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
The Supervision Cluster of the SX+.
You get 2 trip meters (A&B), outside temperature display, ODOmeter, two bars on either side to display fuel levels and engine temperature (thank you Hyundai again!) and a central speedo unit, all digital.
Toggle the "Trip" button on the steering-wheel for Trip B, Average speed, Engine running time, and real-time speed.
The SX+ has supervision? The brochure says only SX(O) has supervision cluster
http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...PIP/index.html
Old 31st July 2015, 05:42   #1378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
There you go ! All the effort that Hyundai marketing put in labeling the car as the real SUV just went down the drain

Jokes aside, congrats on the car and wish you a safe journey with Creta. I don't think anyone is as emotionally invested into buying the Creta as you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
I read RavenAvi's thread and thought of the same thing, when I saw Eddy's post. The most passionate advocate of Creta has just subconsciously turned "it" anthropomorphically "female". It would be interesting to see how it turns out with the other owners and reviewers in other forums.

You're right, the brand manager in Hyundai must be cringing in his seat if he is reading this.
Quote:
LOL! I was thinking of the City as I typed that, so it was a honest mistake. Also, you can't blame me because I have been driving sedans and hatches all my life! .
No need to feel bad. Classically cars (and other male centric objects of desire such as boats) have always affectionately been anointed the female gender. If its not an "it" its a "she". Think "Eleanor" in Gone in 60 Seconds, or phrases such as "she can do 0-60 in under 4 seconds"

I think we'd all agree that "fire her up" sounds a lot better than "fire him up"!! Just sayin'
sangtani is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 06:32   #1379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Switched boats?
Hope its not because of some major problem with EcoSport.

Loved the Creta interiors more though!
. Ya, it was a sudden decision. Absolutely no issues with the ecosport. Saw the creta and liked it, provided all features that I missed in the ecosport and wasnt as big as the XUV.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 07:44   #1380
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Can someone comment on the "under-thigh" support of the Creta seats, both front and rear?

For a tall person, is the seating position and specifically, the under-thigh support comfortable/ as good as the European cars?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks