Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2015, 20:12   #91
Team-BHP Support

re: Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Quality of the new chrome knob is substandard and I will now invest in auto headlight with the original brushed aluminum knob. The chrome one is made in China while the 'cheapo' one we have, is made in Spain. The tactile response of the Spanish original light is way better, and so is the click. The Chinese one just looks better.
Next time, get this one:

Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI! EDIT: Sold!-wp_20150812_08_16_18_pro.jpg

Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI! EDIT: Sold!-wp_20150812_08_16_30_pro.jpg

Less chrome and looks way better.
Gannu_1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 03:04   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Hey so i check out the link where you ordered the dome light. There's a beige and grey option. Which one did you choose? which goes better with the car interior?
Grey. That's the one we got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Next time, get this one:

Attachment 1410884

Attachment 1410885

Less chrome and looks way better.
I want it! But the connector at the back doesn't match ours!
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 08:14   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I want it! But the connector at the back doesn't match ours!
Since you mentioned you will be getting the Auto headlight module, get this instead of the brushed Alu. one.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 10:16   #94
Senior - BHPian

Sincerely hurting to hear about the new features that have been launched in the Polo a month after taking delivery! 2 of these (Cruise Control and Auto Folding Mirrors) were ACTUALLY useful and I thought that the car should have them when I was paying for it.

Anyway, I am not going to try to retrofit the mirrors, unless the company plans to do it for me.
About cruise control, I am keen on seeing if it just needs to be enabled from the BCM via VCDS after changing the stalk. If that's the case, I am going to attempt it because I am spoilt by the Cruise Control in the Cruze (pun not intended) and contrary to what everyone says, it IS useful when driving in Mumbai (or India, for that matter).
If it's not as simple as I think it is, and involves passing a wire from the BCM to the ECU, then I will skip it.
What is your opinion on this, people??
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 12:26   #95
Senior - BHPian

Also, in other news, got the GTI grille fitted.
It's a replica but fit very well and has changed the look of the car when viewed front-on.
Attached Thumbnails
Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI! EDIT: Sold!-1441608872673.jpg  

Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI! EDIT: Sold!-1441608883228.jpg  

Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI! EDIT: Sold!-1441608895198.jpg  

Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI! EDIT: Sold!-1441608905918.jpg  

Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI! EDIT: Sold!-1441608977417.jpg  

Frankmehta's VW Polo GT TSI! EDIT: Sold!-1441608997162.jpg  

frankmehta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 13:29   #96
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the GT Frank, she looks killer and definitely deserves the GTI grill. I say hell with it and replace the rear badging and throw away that cheap stickers that they give on the sides.

Also nice to see that the tinkering is ongoing, I'm sure there is some other cool stuff you can do with your head unit. Does it have a GPS module? I'm sure there is an app which you can install which you can use to log all your driving data, that can be further used to find out interesting things (cost per km/average speed etc etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I think your observation about lack of lower back support in Polo/Vento seats is spot on. Not seen a lot of people feeling/sharing it. But it has pretty much destroyed my back.
This is one of the biggest issues with the Polo, I use my brothers 2010 Polo now-a-days and its absolutely destroys my lower back (the pain is really really bad) even on short 30 min drives. Please do share how that cushion thing has helped.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 16:25   #97
Senior - BHPian

Hey Frank. Lets have the feedback on your android headunit . Please include the aliexpress experience with ordering it as well. I am just waiting for your feedback before i place the order myself.
Old 7th September 2015, 17:27   #98
BHPian

Every time I come back to this thread, something new is added to your beauty! Must say thoroughly loving the mods. Very tastefully done. Looking to do similar stuff on my white TSI (review on route).

Just wanted to know where you got the number plate frame and the costs involved?
prateekswarup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 17:30   #99
BHPian

Ive seen this car (I think its the same car) parked outside my lane multiple times opposite Villa thersea school. Do check out my vento as well
Ferrariwell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 11:50   #100
Senior - BHPian

Visited the Downtown VW Sewri service centre on Thursday, last week.

I had the following issues:
1. My Flippy key was not moving fluidly and resting properly in the slot when locked.
2. My high beam lights were not focussed satisfactorily.
3. I felt jerks while downshifting from D3 to D2 and I just wanted to get it checked, if they were within the normal range.
4. Windshield washer nozzles were not spraying the water on the windshield as effectively as they should have.

I was actually to go to the workshop a long while ago, and I couldn't, owing to a very tight schedule. I kept getting polite reminders about this, and I appreciated the workshop's desire to promptly rectify issues as per my e-mail to them. I called the GM, Mr Hormuzd Dee a couple of days prior to this appointment to have a casual conversation and it amazed me how he said, "Frank Mehta? Oh, I am seeing you on 10th, right?" I was quite shocked to know that the GM kept up to date with even small, almost inconsequential problems like mine, and remembered his clients by their name.
What ensued next, shocked me even more. I reached the workshop by 11. 1115, I was allotted a service advisor, Mr. Rajiv, courteous, very young guy with decent technical prowess. He took me for an extended test-drive. He drove us around for 20-25 minutes, until he could associate with all the issues I had, and only when I insisted on going back, he took the car back to the showroom. Such levels of patience are unheard of! I am quite fussy, and it turns out, that most of my 'problems' were within regular tolerance.
He wheeled us back into the workshop, didn't even wait for a minute, and connected their proprietary Laptop (their diagnostics Panasonic Toughbook) to the car and showed me that a software update was available for the DSG. Ver. 6201 was upgraded to ver. 6202. In the meanwhile, the headlights were adjusted too and so was the windshield washer. I also received a new key, which was home delivered to me on the next day!
The software upgrade took a good 20 mins, during which the Service Manager, Mr. Yogesh Wadhwal came and met me and very courteously inquired if my issues were solved.
I was out of the workshop before 1 PM. NO waiting for job sheet, nothing! Even when the job was done, I was asked to leave the workshop immediately. I didn't need to sign anywhere or close the job sheet.
If this is a sign of things to come, I am a fan! Amazed at this experience, and I wish this lucky streak with the workshop continues.
Not only were all my issues resolved, but I also left with a smile. This was a 5 * experience!
To top it all, I got a text message from the GM asking if everything was fine. Yes, sir! All is well!

The car has completed 2800 km and is driving very well. Only, I was thinking if I should use System-G in the fuel.

What is your opinion on this?

Last edited by frankmehta : 14th September 2015 at 11:55.
frankmehta is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 15:44   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only, I was thinking if I should use System-G in the fuel.
VW has a very clear policy of not using an kind of addictive with fuel. I would suggest you to refrain from same. At best you could try Speed 97 to give GT a bit of fun.

Great to know service experiences are improving across VW Workshops.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 20:19   #102
Senior - BHPian

Hey Frank , glad you enjoying car. I hate to be asking such a desi question but what is the FE you getting out of it post 2500 kms. Has it improved or stayed the same ?
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 20:19   #103
BHPian

Hi Frank!!
Congrats on buying the most exciting <10 lac car in India!

Your posts echo exactly my thoughts . Polo GT was my dream car, but suppressed the desire thinking it was too costly . Hence I waited for the Jazz CVT, but the S variant didn't come with Airbags. The V variant put it right in the GT territory and hence I went ahead and booked a White Polo GT this Saturday!

You will be my inspiration , as and when I plan any modifications on my yet to delivered GT TSI
rageshgr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 22:04   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hey Frank , glad you enjoying car. I hate to be asking such a desi question but what is the FE you getting out of it post 2500 kms. Has it improved or stayed the same ?
The engine, the FE, the drive, the response, everything has been the SAME since the car was driven out for the first time. This is the ONLY engine that I have owned, which has no difference in performance from day one. No running in and babying is really required to get the maximum out of this engine, I think!
The FE is hovering between 12 and 14, depending on traffic. Of late, Mumbai is witness to madness, chaos and harakiri, hence I have even seen 6 over a stretch, but some damage control (D7 at 75 kmph ) brings it back to a respectable 11 or 12 on the MID for that journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
Hi Frank!!
Congrats on buying the most exciting <10 lac car in India!

Your posts echo exactly my thoughts . Polo GT was my dream car, but suppressed the desire thinking it was too costly . Hence I waited for the Jazz CVT, but the S variant didn't come with Airbags. The V variant put it right in the GT territory and hence I went ahead and booked a White Polo GT this Saturday!

You will be my inspiration , as and when I plan any modifications on my yet to delivered GT TSI
Congratulations! May our tribe increase! I would recommend you look at the mods done by Gannu and others on the forum.. They are the source of my inspiration!
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 12:46   #105
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sincerely hurting to hear about the new features that have been launched in the Polo a month after taking delivery! 2 of these (Cruise Control and Auto Folding Mirrors) were ACTUALLY useful and I thought that the car should have them when I was paying for it.
Can understand, but don't fret too much over it. Cruise control is useless in India (have owned 2 cars with it, never used it more than 100 seconds before I needed to manually intervene). We don't drive on American freeways.

Auto-folding ORVMs should be very simple to deploy.

Quote:
Also, in other news, got the GTI grille fitted.
It's a replica but fit very well and has changed the look of the car when viewed front-on.
Damn, your GT looks H-O-T.

Quote:
In the meanwhile, the headlights were adjusted too and so was the windshield washer. I also received a new key, which was home delivered to me on the next day!
Good to hear of the positive service experience.

Quote:
Only, I was thinking if I should use System-G in the fuel.
No, please don't. Pure, unadulterated petrol is best. Be sure to fill up at a genuine pump.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks