Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2016, 02:50   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mrs. Frankmehta's Honda "CRIO™": Brio with a City Engine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarit19 View Post
The wrap looks fantastic. It definitely deserved it after all the things you've done to her.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the full wrap cost? Would love to know.
25k.

One more parting shot.....
Mrs. Frankmehta's Honda "CRIO™": Brio with a City Engine!-img_20160921_145607.jpg
frankmehta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 20:07   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
25k.

Attachment 1558344
Could you share the details of the workshop where the wrap was done. Finishing is simply superb !!
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 07:48   #93
BHPian

Quote:
25k.

Attachment 1558344

That's really reasonable Frank, in Madras I have been getting quotes of 50K+ and 1.5L in some cases.

What is the brand of wrap your guys are using? And how is the surface of the wrap?
amitc7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 09:27   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Could you share the details of the workshop where the wrap was done. Finishing is simply superb !!

The wrap was done by The Wrap Shop at Mulund by Siddharth Kulkarni.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...807982&fref=ts

Nice chap, very honest and straightforward and highly recommended. He's done a great job and he doesn't mind rectifying his mistakes. As we speak, the car is lying with him at his workshop for a few minor places where the wrap wasn't looking it's best. He's picked up the car himself, and said he would rectify it and return it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc7 View Post
That's really reasonable Frank, in Madras I have been getting quotes of 50K+ and 1.5L in some cases.

What is the brand of wrap your guys are using? And how is the surface of the wrap?

The brand of the wrap is a Avery Dennison, but this is the chinese derivative of the same. An actual Avery Dennison wrap would cost over 70k. I am very happy with this quality and I don't think spending any more on a wrap is reasonable, because a top quality paint job can cost around that much, and that's definitely a better option.
frankmehta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 09:43   #95
Senior - BHPian

Here is a master-list of modifications done on the car as of now.
Posting in the same format as I have done for the Polo GT TSI.
  • SSW 14" Forged Wheels- at delivery
  • Falken Sincera 185/60R14 Tires- at delivery- in lieu of MRF ZVT Tires
  • Art Nappa Seats
  • Sony XAV-712BT- Stolen
  • Focal Coaxials
  • Sony Amplifier- Moved out and decommissioned
  • Horn Upgrade- 2 sets: 1 OE and 1 Bosch
  • Kicker Amplifier- Now in service
  • Infinity Subwoofer- Wheel-well install with Soundstream Damping
  • Side Mirrors- 3 sets: 1st was the OE Maruti Type, then shifted to Jazzmyride rip-offs of the original Mirrors and now on an original set
  • Headlight upgrade to Halogen- 90/100 w Philips with relay set
  • License Plates- 3 sets
  • Heads-up Display- Not installed but lying with me
  • OBD Bluetooth
  • OBD Autool Digital Meter: Not installed
  • Automech Exhaust- Using part of it now
  • K&N Filter- Decomissioned but lying with me
  • Honda Brio Bonnet Intake- OE from Honda
  • Joying 10.1 inch Android Headunit with MX Gold RCA cables
  • Morimoto Headlight Upgrade with Morimoto FXR 3.0 retrofit and Morimoto D2S 55w HID Bixenon Kit
  • Anti-Glare Inner Rear view Mirror- Chinese
  • BBK Exhaust- Decomissioned but lying with me
  • Dashcam- Chinese
  • Avery Wrap- 2 sets: 1 Pearl Black Silver and then shifted to Sating Pearl Nero
  • Honda JDM 1.5 i-vtec Engine- Brand new
  • Injectors- Honda OE 1.5l injectors. Still not installed
  • Simota Air Intake
  • PedalTune- TTS Auto
  • Race Dynamics Piggyback ECU
  • Bilstein B14 suspension- IN transit
  • Borla Pro XS Muffler
  • Cheap Ebay Intake- Mock Carbon Fibre but decomissioned now
  • Autocop- EagleEye brand
  • D**np**e R*ce*a*t- (something REALLY exciting coming UP!)
frankmehta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 22:36   #96
BHPian

Hi Frank,

Great list, I see the mix and match experimentation on the course.

Well my search for a runabout started with a VW Passat, which got sidetracked by your CRIO, which due to research on the engine, led me to a mint 2002 E46 320i 2.2 and a Jap spec 1995 W140 S280 and has now rounded off with a W211 E280 CDi import.

As you can see the Heart says W140, Brain says W211, Eyes say E46. All three are in my friends garage cum workshop across my house and it is pure torture.

And it all started curiously with a wrapped 1.5L Honda Hatch
amitc7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 01:45   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Frank,

Great list, I see the mix and match experimentation on the course.

Well my search for a runabout started with a VW Passat, which got sidetracked by your CRIO, which due to research on the engine, led me to a mint 2002 E46 320i 2.2 and a Jap spec 1995 W140 S280 and has now rounded off with a W211 E280 CDi import.

As you can see the Heart says W140, Brain says W211, Eyes say E46. All three are in my friends garage cum workshop across my house and it is pure torture.

And it all started curiously with a wrapped 1.5L Honda Hatch
Best of luck!

In other news, both my children received a new set of footware.
The #crio had completed 22500 km of driving on Mumbai roads on the Falken Sincera 835. Rest assured, this brand will not find mention on my threads.
Mrs. Frankmehta's Honda "CRIO™": Brio with a City Engine!-20170102_1124311512x2016.jpg

Mrs. Frankmehta's Honda "CRIO™": Brio with a City Engine!-20170102_1155542016x1512.jpg

Mrs. Frankmehta's Honda "CRIO™": Brio with a City Engine!-20170102_1155501512x2016.jpg

Mrs. Frankmehta's Honda "CRIO™": Brio with a City Engine!-20170102_1124352016x1512.jpg

Let's just say the new tires have brought a smile to my face after just 200 kms of driving. But let's just revisit this topic after another 2000 kms.

Parting shot.
Mrs. Frankmehta's Honda "CRIO™": Brio with a City Engine!-20170102_1211161512x2016.jpg
frankmehta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 04:57   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Best of luck!

In other news, both my children received a new set of footware.
The #crio had completed 22500 km of driving on Mumbai roads on the Falken Sincera 835. Rest assured, this brand will not find mention on my threads.

Why not Michelin XM's much softer and better performance? Lasted a good 40K on my 'very eager to speed' Swift. That said TN roads are a dream compared to MH.
amitc7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 07:44   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why not Michelin XM's much softer and better performance? Lasted a good 40K on my 'very eager to speed' Swift. That said TN roads are a dream compared to MH.
Shah! The ZLO and the XM2 cannot be said in the same breath!
I'm kidding! I just find the XM2+ tires too lifeless and comfort biased, as compared to the ZLO and ZSport that are more biased towards handling and delivering the power of the car down to the road in a better way.
The way road conditions are going bad, 40k on a set of tires on Mumbai roads seems a bleak possibility. If the falkens had Long life, comfort and grip In that order, I wanted to spice things up and have it delivered to me inversely proportional this time.
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 18:40   #100
BHPian

Hey FrankMehta , Kudos on the mods done on both your rides .Loved the headlights done by The Retrorides on the VW . I am a class mate of Dr. Aqeel .
I see you have added a Anti-Glare Inner Rear view Mirror to your "CRIO" . I was looking to add the same in my City 2015. Was told cannot be done. could you throw some light on how it was done? the new city ZX model has got this feature but there are a lot of sensors etc other than that of the dimming feature I was told.
ToothyPetrohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 19:09   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothyPetrohead View Post
Hey FrankMehta , Kudos on the mods done on both your rides .Loved the headlights done by The Retrorides on the VW . I am a class mate of Dr. Aqeel .
I see you have added a Anti-Glare Inner Rear view Mirror to your "CRIO" . I was looking to add the same in my City 2015. Was told cannot be done. could you throw some light on how it was done? the new city ZX model has got this feature but there are a lot of sensors etc other than that of the dimming feature I was told.
Sorry for the delayed reply.
Have been off the radar a little. You can replace any mirror with an anti glare orvm as long as the matching one is available.
The seller on AliExpress will ask for your mirror photos and advise you.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 22:32   #102
Senior - BHPian

Hi all! A few updates!

Removed the wrap and got the entire car repainted to it's original colour owing to the dents on the body. She's now doing service as my Mom and wife's trusted man (or lady) friday and hence, have removed the RD piggyback ECU that made the car faster, yet, one out of 50 times made the original ECU refuse fuel to the engine, making it impossible to start the car with the RD connected. Weird issue and we have no solution to that.

Other than that, the car is running like it never even had a tire swap (forget about an engine swap!) and she drives like a scalded cat when I take the wheel. 1500 cc for such a small car makes it such a pleasure to punt around the city, even at lower revs!

Not many updates on this car, since I am driving her elder sister daily, yet I make it a point to take this pocket rocket out for a spin every week.
Attached Thumbnails
Mrs. Frankmehta's Honda "CRIO™": Brio with a City Engine!-img_20180125_003826.jpg  

Mrs. Frankmehta's Honda "CRIO™": Brio with a City Engine!-img_20180125_003651.jpg  

Mrs. Frankmehta's Honda "CRIO™": Brio with a City Engine!-img_20180125_003716.jpg  

frankmehta is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 11:38   #103
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys!
We managed to crack the Bosch ecu! That's the first Indian made Honda Brio with a 1.5 litre engine running with a stock setup and a remapped Bosch ecu.
Special thanks to Zakie from TunedIChips who flew down from Colombo to map my car and a huge hug to Karan Shah for dynoing my car and putting up with our nonsense.
The RD piggyback is out. We have finally managed to bench flash the stock Bosch Motronics ecu and running such a beautiful map.
The car has never driven better!

Oh! And great news! This is the first Indian Brio to be delimited! We could easily go to 220 kmph on the dyno but we didn't because we weren't sure of external factors!

Enjoy this video guys!

frankmehta is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 11:51   #104
BHPian

Insane linear sweep of the needle! Have you upgraded the stopping power? You might want to invest in a roll cage now.
deepfreak15 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 14:52   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys!

Enjoy this video guys!
This is just insane Frank . The linear speed gain , linear acceleration and the engine sounded as if it was doing it without even sweating a bit . You should give us all a ride in this go cart .

On a side not , it the car sticking to the ground while doing these speeds . How does it feel when it crossed 150 ++ . I know the car is light and small am wondering if you feel that you're still in control while doing those insane speeds ?

Lots and lots of questions .

but I am awestruck .

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th August 2018 at 21:15. Reason: Please avoid Quoting Youtube link for replies, affects readability. Thanks.
gautamkhadse is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed