Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2023, 12:01   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mrs. Frankmehta's Honda "CRIO™": Brio with a City Engine!

Hi Guys!
With a very heavy heart, I would like to announce that we have booked a successor to the Crio! I have never been as emotionally attached to a car, as much as I have been to my Crio. Only an enthusiast will believe that I have tears in my eyes typing this. She has seen us through THICK AND THIN and served us at the lowest point of our lives, up until now, where she still doesn't tire as my daily driver after 8 years.
An engine swapped car that has been more reliable than many stock cars. Never given up on us.

The time has come to share the joy with a (hopefully) loving new owner and I am putting her up on the classifieds, hoping someone who loves and nurtures her for the next 8(or more) years.

I am excited about the new car coming into my life, but this car leaving has put a big lump in my throat.

https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...onda/Brio.html

This is the listing, if anyone is interested in adopting my loving, caring, dear Crio.
frankmehta is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 12:52   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I presume the EMT would have been without airbags?

Your experimentation, is soopeer!!
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 12:57   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I presume the EMT would have been without airbags?

Your experimentation, is soopeer!!
Yes, no ABS and no Airbags.
The most basic model that Honda sold in India.

Thank you for the kind words.
She still surprises me with her pleasant drive and reliability after so many years!
Old 31st May 2023, 13:10   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I am excited about the new car coming into my life, but this car leaving has put a big lump in my throat.
That's a well-maintained stunner and I'm sure anyone would be more than happy to have her.

By the way, I recently saw this thread below, I guess it would have more visibility here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...cars-sale.html

NomadSK
NomadSK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 14:03   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
That's a well-maintained stunner and I'm sure anyone would be more than happy to have her.

By the way, I recently saw this thread below, I guess it would have more visibility here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...cars-sale.html

NomadSK
Thanks for the kind words!
Oh, and thank you so much for the link! Have missed this thread!
Old 31st May 2023, 17:27   #126

I have been a Honda Brio admirer ever since it was released and had been a lurker on the Team BHP website as just a spectator for a long time now.

I'm a newbie here, so I'd like to give a bit of context.

I am primarily a motorcycle commuter. Just 2 years ago around 2021 the time had come in my life where I had to buy a car for the house with COVID on the rise. It'd be our first ever car.
New cars for the price point vs features offered were not justified in my honest opinion. Unfortunately, I had to resort to the used car market and Honda Brios were definitely there in my list of cars at the back of my mind somewhere.

Ever since then I was out for the hunt. I had the technical knowledge to inspect cars and had been scouring the used car market all over Bangalore in person but couldn't find a single proper car as there were issues one or another.
It is safe to say that I have now become a Master in finding faults, imperfections and repair job on the used cars.

Meanwhile, I had stumbled across your progress sometime in early 2022 and Man! I remember that I pulled an all-nighter going through all of your Crio related threads. It was absolutely a marvellous and inspiring journey!

Just last year, I had stumbled upon a 2017 Honda Brio VX MT FL in mint condition with just over10,000 Kms on the odometer (Some of the factory plastic wrappers were still there).
It was overpriced but I verified everything about this car and it was just perfect. I went ahead and purchased it as I would never ever get the chance to find such specimen if I had let it go. My Brio was Home!
My car was previously owned by an elderly couple but was pampered by them with timely HASC maintenance. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

After driving it for some months, the 1.2 definitely felt underpowered in the city traffic carrying a total of four people onboard and the need for 6th gear was definitely felt during my highway trips.
The points which you made in your Crio threads definitely made sense for your 1.5 upgrade. I mainly loved the practical aspect of your mod which has now greatly inspired me in following your journey with my Brio as well.
I have made up my mind and wanted to do a similar upgrade with the donor car being a Honda BR-V VX MT sometime in the future along with the 6speed MT.

I had opened my Team BHP account very recently and solely inspired by your Crio's Journey. I wanted my first post to be about my Brio's journey in receiving its own 1.5 upgrade in the future.
However, after receiving an email notification about you letting go of the Legendary Crio, I was deeply saddened. It's a sad news indeed for any Honda Brio Enthusiast who had come across your thread.

If I did not have a car today, I would have definitely gone greater lengths towards acquiring your Honda Crio and giving it all the deserving affection and care.

I feel that my Team BHP Account's first ever Reply/ Post is very fitting to be this one here. It was a Legendary Journey and I hope the new owner treats Crio with the same love and care as you did (maybe even more).
Congratulations on your new car too.

Stay safe and take care.
With Best Regards,
Tensa_Zangetsu.
Tensa_Zangetsu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 18:07   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensa_Zangetsu View Post
I have been a Honda Brio admirer ever since it was released and had been a lurker on the Team BHP website as just a spectator for a long time now...

thank you for the kind words! day made!
welcome to team-bhp!

a 6-speed transmission is almost impossible to install, and takes a lot of effort. the plug and play feel of this 1.5l engine is lost in the smorgasbord of parts needed to make it possible.

I am very happy with the reliability of this plug and play setup, and it almost feels like this car has come from the factory with this 1.5 engine.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st June 2023 at 18:17. Reason: trimmed quote
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 10:01   #128
Senior - BHPian

Crio gets a new sister.

Genuinely a bitter-sweet day in our lives. While she is still with us, we will be using the new car for most activities. I was numb throughout the delivery of the new one, hoping the Crio gets a new home.
Attached Thumbnails
Mrs. Frankmehta's Honda "CRIO™": Brio with a City Engine!-img_2363.jpg  

frankmehta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 10:02   #129
Senior - BHPian

With a heavy heart, I would like to announce that the legendary #crio has found a new home.
She left us yesterday, and we will miss her bitterly.

Thanks for all the love and adulation, guys. The strength received from this forum is the reason I decided to go through with this project.

Love you forever, dear #crio!
frankmehta is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 21:32   #130
BHPian

Franks Crio will always be in our hearts. I bet your EV has great torque.

Sharing long lost video of my Brio 1.5. I am a sedate driver, but this was recorded to test the tune when the highway was closed.

Most of the peppy driving is in the city below 4000 rpm, thats where most fun is anyway! The A/C lag is non-existent.

Just wanted to say my Crio is still running healthy and refuses to die - no niggles.

aerohit is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks