Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2018, 19:36   #2431
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo.mathews View Post
Here is a link to the seller from where I purchased. Good thing about these units are that they come with adapter cable harness with which no hampering to OE wiring.
Thanks for sharing. That looks neat and i think it would be a perfect fit. How about the sound quality ? Do you see any touch lags,crashes or UI issues in the system ?

Last edited by ampere : 25th July 2018 at 20:57. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 25th July 2018, 20:36   #2432
BHPian

Guys, I have a August 2017 Creta: Petrol Automatic. I wanted to know whether any service reminder is shown in the MID of this particular variant?
I came to knwo that the reminder needs to get activated by the HMIL and is displayed by pressing the TRIP button, but I am unable to find it? Can someone please tell how to activate it/make it visible?

Thanks.
P.S. - I apologize if this has been answered before. I searched but couldn't find any answer.
Old 25th July 2018, 21:35   #2433

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Thanks for sharing. That looks neat and i think it would be a perfect fit. How about the sound quality ? Do you see any touch lags,crashes or UI issues in the system ?
Much better sound quality.As I mentioned I am using jetaudio app and can unleash many audio controls and the hardware (Codec) supports it. I would also recommend to change the speakers as the stock ones are not up to the mark. With the updated software in mine, there is no lag or crash.
Old 26th July 2018, 08:57   #2434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post
Guys, I have a August 2017 Creta: Petrol Automatic. I wanted to know whether any service reminder is shown in the MID of this particular variant?
I guess this comes only in the ones with the supervision cluster. This can be manually set (kms and days). Do not worry if you miss this. It's one useless feature and doesn't work well.
Old 26th July 2018, 10:13   #2435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I guess this comes only in the ones with the supervision cluster. This can be manually set (kms and days). Do not worry if you miss this. It's one useless feature and doesn't work well.
Yes, it is present by default in SX(O) (with supervision cluster), but I came to know from another forum that it is present in other variants as well(at least in AT), I don't know whether I can link to other forums but here is the pic of the same(credit: anrasg@TAI)
On pressing the TRIP button, in the end there is a spanner icon with the remaining kms for the next due service(9956 in this case). Whereas by default there is no spanner icon, so it needs to be activated/enabled in some way that only HMIL guys know.
I agree its not of a much use, but was curious why this feature is hidden and not activated by default, and maybe there are other such little features hidden as well?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-serinfo2.jpg  

Last edited by Vikalp : 26th July 2018 at 10:33.
Vikalp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 15:51   #2436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchdoon View Post
I'm afraid, your question is a bit confusing. Would you mind rephrasing the Q?

Hope it helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

If your question is - the re-circulation mode changes even after driving the car for sometime, then do check some hacks here. I haven't tried it or do not know if this would work. But do check this:

https://www.hyundai-forums.com/rb-20...es-normal.html

Sorry for the confusing question.

What I meant was, after I switch on "AUTO" at a set temperature, it alternates between outside and inside air automatically- to maintain the temperature I'm guessing.

I will check again though.
Old 5th August 2018, 16:17   #2437
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
What I meant was, after I switch on "AUTO" at a set temperature, it alternates between outside and inside air automatically- to maintain the temperature I'm guessing.
Doesn't happen in my Creta. It stays in re-circulation mode and when the set temperature is attained, blower speed drops.

Variation happens on the blower speed and not with the fresh air mode/re-circulation mode.

Last edited by theMAG : 6th August 2018 at 01:47. Reason: Grammatics fixed.
Old 5th August 2018, 22:25   #2438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Doesn't happen in my Creta. It stays in re-circulation mode and as when the set temperature is attained, blower speed drops.

Variation happens on the blower speed and not with the fresh air mode/re-circulation mode.

Yes you are right. Basically, when you switch on the AC using the Push AC button, it starts in recirculation mode. And then when you press the Auto knob, it defaults to circulation from outside and stays that way. However, if you manually press the recirculation mode post this, then I am guessing the ACC remembers this and the next time you switch on the ACC directly, it starts in recirculation mode. I was thoroughly confused about this when I bought it, now getting used to it.
Old 6th August 2018, 00:03   #2439
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Basically, when you switch on the AC using the Push AC button, it starts in recirculation mode. And then when you press the Auto knob, it defaults to circulation from outside and stays that way.
Try this sir,
  1. Set the desired temperature by turning knob clockwise/anticlockwise;

2. Switch off the ACC completely by pressing the 'OFF' button;

3. When the ACC is in OFF mode, press the 'recirculation' button;

4. Now turn the blower knob to position 1 or 2;

5. Now press "AUTO" button directly. A/C turns ON in auto and in 'recirculation' mode.

It will stay in recirculation mode and the temperature shall be controlled through the blower speed.

(EDIT):

1) If you manually switch 'OFF' the A/C and then press 'AUTO' again, it shall remain in recirculation mode.

AND/OR

2) If you manually press A/C button again without wanting it to be in 'AUTO' mode the ACC shall keep it in recirculation mode.

Last edited by a4anurag : 6th August 2018 at 00:13.
Old 8th August 2018, 11:15   #2440
BHPian

One of my friend has a Creta bought some 8 months ago. He has this problem of steering failure from very first month of ownership. He has steering failure almost 4 times till now ( no error code) and some how he escaped from any accident. He reported this to Hyundai and after multiple followup they changed the ECU. He was relaxed as he thought drive will be safer now after changing ECU. This weekend again he had steering fail on highway and this time he met a accident due to fail steering and car is damaged from front. Car is towed and standing in Hyundai service center. Service center asking him to claim the insurance and get the car repaired. He is not in position to drive this car again as he is shocked with so many steering fail. He has totally lost the confidence in this car. Has anyone faced the similar problem with Hyundai car. I saw there was a big recall in US on steering issue but here nothing sort of this heard in India.
Anuruddhs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 10:01   #2441
Senior - BHPian

I saw a promotional video from overdrive in you tube which is about the Hyundai plant in India. Just one interesting aspect was that the Creta, Elantra and the Tucson are manufactured in one plant and all other cars including the new Verna and the i20 are manufactured in another plant.

From whatever I remember, we have had multiple reports on the actual platform the Creta is based on. I have read somewhere in t-bhp that the Creta is based on the earlier Elantra platform and some which said that it is based on the earlier Verna platform etc. could it be that the Creta shares something with the Elantra and hence the way they are utilising the plant?
Old 17th August 2018, 13:15   #2442
BHPian

Hi everyone,
I have been facing this wierd issue on my Creta SX+ Petrol for some time now. Everytime i make a hard stop (come to a halt very quickly), the ABS light and brake light come on and remain that way. Brake isnt pressed and functioning properly, but the lights do not go. Restarting the car also does not help.

this happens only when i brake suddenly due to someone jumping in front of me or someone ahead brakes suddenly. The only way to remove these error lights is to connect a OBD2 and check the fault codes. The OBD scanner does not output the fault codes and the lights turn off from the intrument console. Anyone faced a similar issue?

I checked the last 20 pages but could not see this problem being highlighted. Please help or point me to a thread where this is being discussed.
Old 19th August 2018, 17:53   #2443
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail.jaiswal View Post
The only way to remove these error lights is to connect an OBD2 and check the fault codes. The OBD scanner does not output the fault codes and the lights turn off from the instrument console.
You will need an OBD reader that can read and give out data with respect to 'ABS'. A regular ELM 327 OBD 2 reader can't do that.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 15:28   #2444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
You will need an OBD reader that can read and give out data with respect to 'ABS'. A regular ELM 327 OBD 2 reader can't do that.
Anurag, thanks for the reply. I am not relying on the OBD2 for the issue identification. The primary reason to post the query here was to check if anyone has faced a similar issue in the past.
mail.jaiswal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 09:52   #2445
BHPian

Hi all, I recently picked up new Creta 2018 1.6 Petrol E Plus variant. Got the DRL with Fog Lamps installed at the dealership. The problem is, the switch to Fog lamp is typical On/OFF button which looks odd in the dash. (Refer Pic)

Has anyone tried getting a Hyundai OE switch or something at least close to that? I have looked at the below option, however not sure if they are compatible:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Univ...6bc118c5fa7-19

https://www.amazon.in/Zorbes-Wiring-...g+light+switch
Attached Images

Last edited by sary : 21st August 2018 at 09:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks