Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2022, 22:29   #256
BHPian

Re: Crossing the thin redline into madness. Meet Red, my old new BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Bugbears and niggles? I have a few; that O2 sensor still hasn't arrived in stock, so I stare at a check engine light on account of it. There are a few rattles that have crept in, that I need to iron out. And the front bumper needs a bit of spit and polish to wipe out the few battle scars it has picked up. But all in all, I think I've drawn the short straw with this one.
FCP Euro has them in stock. I'd go for the Bosch one.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/BMW-parts/32...ds=O2%20sensor

And you'll have it in 4 days, tops.
Moontan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 22:43   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moontan View Post
FCP Euro has them in stock. I'd go for the Bosch one.
Top tip, that, thanks! I'm having the FNG order it, and he said he'll give me an update in 2-3 days on it, so there's that. But it's good to have a plan B if needed.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 14:42   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Wave number #3 and counting but all is well with the world as long as you get to park your car next to a bougainvillea in bloom and have the time and mood to take a picture :-)
androdev is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 15:49   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Wave number #3 and counting but all is well with the world as long as you get to park your car next to a bougainvillea in bloom and have the time and mood to take a picture :-)
To paraphrase Chester Bennington,

I tried so hard, and got so far,
In the end, I had to take a picture
iliketurtles is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 14:14   #260
Senior - BHPian

Back when I was in school in the 1960’s, capital punishment was still a thing. It’s why we were made to write feature length essays when we did something wrong, diving into excruciating detail about what we did wrong, how it was a crime against all humankind, and in the end begging for forgiveness.

As you might know by now, I was always quite the expert in waffling on a lot about nothing. Which is about all the update I have you, with not much happening on the car front.

Sure, I’ve been tootling all around town in it at every given opportunity, and it’s been getting its fair share of TLC and fixing-upping. But does that really matter when the world is going into meltdown?

Some days, I just think the world would be a better place if we settled all disputes via a one-on-one match in FIFA. Could you imagine a Russian despot rage-quitting after being bested in a game he thought he was going to win in a landslide, while his opponent does a victory jig all around the room?

Never mind. Cutting social commentary is not what brings you here, dear reader. Let’s move on to the good stuff.

Sense and sensor-bilities

Crossing the thin redline into madness. Meet Red, my old new BMW 328i-img_3673.jpg
Oxygen sensors, because cars need to breathe too

I have a new appreciation for the swiftness of snail mail after the longgggg wait for the O2 sensor for the car. But, all’s well that ends well, as they say. The Check Engine Light I was getting was entirely due to the old sensor committing seppuku and giving up on life, love, and everything in between.

What I didn’t know was that the car shaved off a bit of performance in an effort to protect itself (I love painting it as a living, breathing being), and the car felt instantly peppier with the new sensor thrown into the mix. Who knew it would be like this; not me, that’s for sure.

Bits and bobs

Boredom is a terrible thing that afflicts all of us, for which there is no known cure other than to spruce up your ride if you’re a car nut. That said, I fooled around with the car a bit and added a few new bits and bobs, such as…

Crossing the thin redline into madness. Meet Red, my old new BMW 328i-img_3524.jpg
…new door LEDs, because the old ones were getting grainy and giving up the ghost…

Crossing the thin redline into madness. Meet Red, my old new BMW 328i-img_3679.jpg
…replacing the Park button, because the old one was showing its age…

Crossing the thin redline into madness. Meet Red, my old new BMW 328i-img_3678.jpg
…replacing the Start button, because, why not…

Crossing the thin redline into madness. Meet Red, my old new BMW 328i-img_3676.jpg
…and adding a sticker to remind me of the car’s model code, in case I forget in my old age.

Crossing the thin redline into madness. Meet Red, my old new BMW 328i-img_3675.jpg
Mind you, there’s more where that came from, but I’m in two minds if I should slap this on the car, or not. Thoughts, people? Answers on a postcard, please.

Crossing the thin redline into madness. Meet Red, my old new BMW 328i-img_3573.jpg

Until next time, stay safe, and have fun. Ta-ta
iliketurtles is offline   (63) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 07:47   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

wow, that last photo is epic! Hope it's by accident, the world doesn't need another talented photographer :-)

"Stick no bills" unless it's really offensive.
androdev is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 10:15   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mind you, there’s more where that came from, but I’m in two minds if I should slap this on the car, or not. Thoughts, people? Answers on a postcard, please.
Hilarious update as usual!

In my humble opinion, I'd avoid pasting such complex messages on your derriere. The latter body area is more likely to be 'molested' by someone trying to:

A. Read your message, and/or
B. Trying to make sense of it.

I recollect a TBHP post from a hapless Abarth Punto driver, who received (unsolicited) advice from a biker at a traffic signal, that Bharath was misspelled on his boot lid.
itwasntme is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 11:31   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
wow, that last photo is epic! Hope it's by accident, the world doesn't need another talented photographer :-)
You'll be glad to know it was a happy accident I was just in the right place at the right time, with the right light in the right colored car. A perfect-ish storm.

Quote:
"Stick no bills" unless it's really offensive.
Noted, saar. I was kinda leaning that way too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
In my humble opinion, I'd avoid pasting such complex messages on your derriere.

I recollect a TBHP post from a hapless Abarth Punto driver, who received (unsolicited) advice from a biker at a traffic signal...
That's true, there are too many smart-asses around who will get a kick out of nitpicking this. I'll put that sticker on ice.
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 11:17   #264
Senior - BHPian

Cool updates!
I concur with others on the 'lowered' sticker. You might encounter a smart Alec getting 'impatient' unnecessarily and what not, could follow

The last pic reminds me of a red dragon (sorry, not good with imagination) warming up its tush and getting ready to launch
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 20:03   #265
BHPian

Nice, that last pic is lit !

Cool sticker, reminds me of a sticker like "I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low!” or something similar.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th March 2022 at 21:44. Reason: spacing for improved readability
rhsakarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 21:04   #266

Nice updates you got !

I am curious to know from where you sourced the door welcome led and engine start button

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th March 2022 at 21:43. Reason: spacing for improved readability
ViperCDX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 22:28   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
The last pic reminds me of a red dragon (sorry, not good with imagination) warming up its tush and getting ready to launch
Yeah, it’s got that whole “ready to launch” vibe to it, which makes it so appealing to the eye. Although, to be honest, the car was on a downhill section, so it would be a very painful descent if I had launched it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhsakarp View Post
Nice, that last pic is lit !

Cool sticker, reminds me of a sticker like "I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low!” or something similar.
Thanks man! Yeah, I was kinda going for that vibe, but I don’t think I or the car can pull it off. Better left alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperCDX View Post
Nice updates you got ! I am curious to know from where you sourced the door welcome led and engine start button
Thanks! Here’s the site I got the lights from. Prices shown are for 2 pieces, so you’ll need 2 sets to complete it. Shipping was fast too, I’d recommend them if you need the lights.
iliketurtles is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 18:43   #268
BHPian

Quote:

Thoughts, people?
Looking as sharp as a razor there at the end with bells, whistles, lights, and like you’ve put it, enough O2! Brilliant capture.

Do you really mean to shout out about “being human” though?
Ah see now, autocorrect doing what it shouldn’t. Meant to type-in “lowered”.
Old 14th March 2022, 09:41   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Back when I was in school in the 1960’s, capital punishment was still a thing.
Wait. You were in school during the 1960's? You look pretty young for your age!
Old 14th March 2022, 09:53   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleroadster View Post
Looking as sharp as a razor there at the end with bells, whistles, lights, and like you’ve put it, enough O2! Brilliant capture.
Thank you saar! This pic is a bit 'potato quality' though, as they say. Bizarrely compressed after uploading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleroadster View Post
Do you really mean to shout out about “being human” though? Ah see now, autocorrect doing what it shouldn’t. Meant to type-in “lowered”.
Haha, point noted. Not gonna put this up. Will instead put up a sticker saying 'yaha sticker lagana mana hai'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Wait. You were in school during the 1960's? You look pretty young for your age!
My mum force-fed me Chawanprash all day long. It was all I got to eat, for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Snacks too. Maybe that's the source of my youthful looks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks