Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2022, 18:07   #136
BHPian

Re: My search for an automatic car ends with the Volkswagen Passat Highline 2.0 TDI DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishesh View Post
How much did you pay for the OEM wipers ? The Bosch wipers I ordered from Boodmo don’t fit; waiting for them to be pickup up and refunded. Also, they are suitable for LHD vehicles (due to the aero flap) and not RHD, so now I’m back to square one.
Cost me Rs. 3,074 to get it done at the authorized service center, including labour and taxes.
Old 20th February 2023, 17:24   #137
Senior - BHPian

Re: My search for an automatic car ends with the Volkswagen Passat Highline 2.0 TDI DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanboy View Post
Hey next time try searching aftermarket parts for the Passat via Part No. As thats the only way to find compatible parts for the Passat. These are available on Boodmo for ₹2800. The Picture of the Wiper set with the Part no. & Price attached. Rest negotiate with the SA, they will waive off the labour charges and give a discount on the Part if in stock as its a slow moving part Also do check Valeo India website as I am sure they will be available there too.
Isn't the Passat B8 wiper set 26" ( Driver side) and 19" passenger side ?
Old 20th February 2023, 18:04   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Isn't the Passat B8 wiper set 26" ( Driver side) and 19" passenger side ?
Yes that's the size of the wiper set.
Old 20th February 2023, 18:54   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes that's the size of the wiper set.
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-3g2998002-28291660/ This is showing 24"/19". Also can't see the part number in the OEM Catalog on Boodmo.

I Have measured the wipers and they are 26" and 19".

Hence confused.
Old 20th February 2023, 19:38   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-3g2998002-28291660/ This is showing 24"/19". Also can't see the part number in the OEM Catalog on Boodmo.

I Have measured the wipers and they are 26" and 19".

Hence confused.
I just checked the link you attached above and its costing you the same if you purchase it from the dealership. Hence would advice you to buy it from the dealership itself, as the set costs around ₹2686 + Taxes.

Last edited by Kanboy : 20th February 2023 at 19:40.
Old 20th February 2023, 19:59   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srgntpepper View Post
Might have committed a blunder. But went with 215/60/17 primacy. but got tempted by michelins at a sweet deal (11.5K each).
The dealer who is a friend of an auto enthusiast friend said don't worry go for it. Haven't even td'ed them yet. Car is on way.
Recently picked up a pre-worshipped Passat Highline Connect.

Want to change the tires and was looking for an upsize to improve ride and GC. Had a couple of questions.

Does 215/60/R17 work well on the Passat B8? Pros and cons?

Can the TMPS be made to accept a lower pressure of 33-34psi?
Old 23rd February 2023, 11:41   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acemanhiflier View Post
Recently picked up a pre-worshipped Passat Highline Connect.

Want to change the tires and was looking for an upsize to improve ride and GC. Had a couple of questions.

Does 215/60/R17 work well on the Passat B8? Pros and cons?

Can the TMPS be made to accept a lower pressure of 33-34psi?
Hi Ace, Congrats on the new Passat. Mine is now 4 yrs 53K old, and is still a pleasure to drive.

The tyre upgrade is fine, I honestly can't tell any material difference in the ride or handling. As I mentioned i has some bumpiness and noise issues that later turned out to be steering rack related. The rack and tyres were done around the same time, so the car is quieter, but I can't say what was the bigger contributor.

the only down side is the aesthetics. The higher profile causes the tyres to have a slightly bulged sidewall. I personally don't like it, I prefer the flat straight sidewall look.

Also, I never run below the recommended 36 setting. so can't comment on 32-34.

Ultimately it might come down to price. The upsized Michelins were cheaper than the default size. Other than that, there isn't much to choose from.
srgntpepper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 12:35   #143

Re: The ownership experience ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
  • I could not find any way to remote open all windows.
Try code settings with OBD tool. Or it may be that the door electronic module needs to be reset. Then you can do this with long pressing of the door open button in key fob. I have created a video for this.
Old 26th June 2023, 23:54   #144
BHPian

Getting rid of OEM mudflaps (made in Germany) for the Passat B8. Never got around to installing them on my Passat. Anyone interested please contact me.
Old 29th November 2023, 01:34   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Yes sir, I have raised them a little. You can lower them too, with an allen key as the UP/Down and Left/Right adjusters are right behind the light.
Did you connect to VCDS and then perform the beam adjustment ? My online research says these dynamic headlight beams go back to the OEM setting if you don’t make it learn the new values via VCDS.
Now I’m really fed up of the OEM beam alignment. Low beam is basically parallel to the road and high beam wants to illuminate the Milky Way galaxy.
Old 29th November 2023, 23:50   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishesh View Post
Did you connect to VCDS and then perform the beam adjustment ? My online ......... Milky Way galaxy.
I doubt that you need to store the settings. Try readjusment while the engine is running and after adjustment switch off the car, lock it and after a minute start back up check if they are at the same position you set them up at or have gone back to their oem setting.
Caution: Do check your cornering lamps illumination area before and after adjustment by turning the wheels while parked, as adjusting the low beams have an impact on the cornering lamps illumination area.
I faced this problem after I re adjusted mine, as I felt the beams were focused too low and raised them and the cornering lamps started illuminating the trees istead of the road , so had to go to the service centre to get it fixed, which was readjusting the light to a lower position
Btw Passats lights are speed sensitive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks