Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2007, 20:43   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
1)We had a new arrival in the family and needed a diesel car with big boot in 5.5 L. Indigo is not an option
I think you mean 6.5L Also i agree that swift has to be reved hard to get the torque. When i test drove it 1st time it never felt like 190NM. Even fiesta throttle was better than swift.

Though a question to all the Accent CRDi's owners what fuel do you use ? Normal or Additives one ?
Old 24th March 2007, 21:01   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I think you mean 6.5L Also i agree that swift has to be reved hard to get the torque. When i test drove it 1st time it never felt like 190NM. Even fiesta throttle was better than swift.

Though a question to all the Accent CRDi's owners what fuel do you use ? Normal or Additives one ?

It was in fact 5.5L that I had budgeted and I felt that going for a good used accent is better than a new indigo. Even though refinement is ok in indigo, the gear box is horrible. The worst I have ever come across. Hence I decided to go for a used accent. Could lay my hands on a Silver Viva CRDI with 20K on odo( after 2 yrs can you beleive it), full service history, fancy number, MP3 Player, Remote locking, OEM seat covers and 3M tint glasses for 5.6L. I guess it was a good deal in Nov 06 when on road price was 7.9L. Only that in Dec, Hyundai dropped prices by 70K

I used to use turbojet but now shifted to regular fuel. Can't find much difference.
Old 24th March 2007, 21:20   #183
BHPian

Quote:
i hate swift looks from rear... The best looking hatch is PALIO. Nothing comes close as for now. Even Getz is good looking they just need to work on the front end a bit..

Though Swift D is very silent with AC. Just experienced it today.
For Swift Diesel check out my post here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post397850

For it's back side looks.... Check it out again. It rocks !

Even the ozone blue one looks great

Last edited by Tech : 24th March 2007 at 21:24.
Old 26th March 2007, 12:40   #184
BHPian

Hi tech , How much will the rear tail lights as shown in the image cost ? Any idea ?? The tail lights have uplifted the entire backside looks of the Swift !!
Old 26th March 2007, 12:55   #185
Senior - BHPian

Tail lights like those costs around 12.5 - 15K..

And tech no offence dude but as navdeep said depends upon individual to individual.

There are like 100's of people who i know that don't like the shape of SWIFT at all. I just don't like the REAR coz from front its sleek and gets fat from back and those pics are way too good specially the white one others are still ok.
Old 26th March 2007, 12:59   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Always use normal diesel for CRDI engines and not the premium ones. Just ensure that you tank-up from a reputed bunk.
Old 26th March 2007, 13:08   #187
Senior - BHPian

But all dealers (including Fiesta/Accent/Skoda/Maruti) says that one should Premium Petrol/Diesel for EURO III / BHARAT III cars...
Old 26th March 2007, 13:37   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also i agree that swift has to be reved hard to get the torque.
Revved hard to get torque! Am I missing something.
Old 26th March 2007, 13:43   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I think he is getting confused with Turbo lag.
Old 26th March 2007, 13:43   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I mean reved hard to enjoy the grunt which 190NM Accent have at around 2K RPM . If you will read my Test drive review i clearly stated that it maybe due to the cold engine but alot of BHPians have discussed that it needs a bit pushign to enjoy the torque..
Old 26th March 2007, 13:53   #191
Senior - BHPian

well..you do not rev to experience torque..a gentle touch of the accelarator will take you forward..that is TORQUE..the pulling power without strain on the engine..
Old 26th March 2007, 14:03   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But all dealers (including Fiesta/Accent/Skoda/Maruti) says that one should Premium Petrol/Diesel for EURO III / BHARAT III cars...
There is a long thread here ( please do a search) and you will know that using regular diesel is the best thing to do. In summary on those threads, premium diesel does not enhance your car's performance in any way. So better to stick to regular.

Btw, my hyundai dealer clearly told me to use regular diesel and not premium.
Old 26th March 2007, 14:51   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I mean reved hard to enjoy the grunt which 190NM Accent have at around 2K RPM . If you will read my Test drive review i clearly stated that it maybe due to the cold engine but alot of BHPians have discussed that it needs a bit pushign to enjoy the torque..
Swift pulls very well after 1800 rpm... much better than the Accent.
Old 26th March 2007, 15:45   #194
BHPian

One thing I have noticed in my diesel Indica is that when i start in the morning , the car seems like a old hag , the pick up sucks . But once I have driven it arond for 12-15 kms it responds better and suddenly the engine seems more alive. Is the same common for all diesel engines ?? I have a 2004 Indica ?? Also will the same problem be faced in Swift D ??
Old 27th March 2007, 15:42   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
One thing I have noticed in my diesel Indica is that when i start in the morning , the car seems like a old hag , the pick up sucks . But once I have driven it arond for 12-15 kms it responds better and suddenly the engine seems more alive. Is the same common for all diesel engines ?? I have a 2004 Indica ?? Also will the same problem be faced in Swift D ??
Absolutely not, you wont find any difference in the sound / performance while cold starting. There is no glowplug (heater) or anything, so its just like a petrol car, just start and go.

Also you wont find any characteristics you noticed in Indica in DDSi, the engine is several generations ahead

Indirect Injection => Direct Injection => CRDi => Multijet CRDi

Again in CRDi itself there are several generations, to my knowledge the order of technology (based on the pump/injection technology) is

Accent CRDi (Older)
Toyota D4D
Verna CRDi
Ford TDCi (Latest Generation)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks