Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2007, 08:08   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
.Is the white VDi the same as white Santro ??
No...white in swift is metalic shade. It looks bueatiful.
Old 24th March 2007, 08:30   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypest View Post
Getz crdi could be a good competitor for the swift deisel, if they get the pricing right, i plan to buy the swift diesel but 4 that need to sell my wagon r... any threads here which could be an idea on how much to price my wagon r!!
Not sure if we have it. But you can get a tentative quote of your WagonR at carwale
Old 24th March 2007, 09:58   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by higautham View Post
No...white in swift is metalic shade. It looks bueatiful.
now I need to have a closer look. I never knew it.
Old 24th March 2007, 10:58   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Having bought an Accent VIVA CRDi in October 2006, in hindsight I think I should have waited for the SWIFT Diesel........reading such reviews from owners, has surely set me thinking again, but then maybe waiting for the Getz CRDi may be worth it , but surely the Swift Diesel rocks, just took a very short drive (not enough to gauge performance) but liked what ever little i drove....Cheers to all you proud owners, enjoy your ride Cheers
Even i bought the same car during the same month of last year and i dont regret my decision even a bit.

And, i too have driven the swift diesel.
Old 24th March 2007, 11:05   #170

Swift D

Swift D is a good value for money car, but it lacks rear wiper and washer which I think is necessary in a hatch back. Also they must have added a Electric side view mirror (Available even in Zen and wagon R).

Engine a extreamly silent and has good pick up also. I don't know the highway performance of the car, but for city it is one of the best option available.
Old 24th March 2007, 11:10   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Even i bought the same car during the same month of last year and i dont regret my decision even a bit.

And, i too have driven the swift diesel.
do you mean to say its not fair to compare both the cars ?
Old 24th March 2007, 11:35   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
do you mean to say its not fair to compare both the cars ?
Comparisons are most welcome but, i detected a note of regret. Therefore my previous comment. And, viva is much superior than Swift D and only thing i dont like about viva is the engine sound at idle ( which you tend to love over a period of time like i do now) and probably handling characteristics at speeds great than 150 ( you feel like your flying to a small extent) otherwise, it's really a beast.
Old 24th March 2007, 12:51   #173
Senior - BHPian

Accent is good car we can't compare it with swift, Accent is far better than Swift because Accent has boot and better for sure in quality as well.

Swift will win only in FE and looks.

Ravi.
Old 24th March 2007, 13:31   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Having bought an Accent VIVA CRDi in October 2006, in hindsight I think I should have waited for the SWIFT Diesel........reading such reviews from owners, has surely set me thinking again, but then maybe waiting for the Getz CRDi may be worth it , but surely the Swift Diesel rocks, just took a very short drive (not enough to gauge performance) but liked what ever little i drove....Cheers to all you proud owners, enjoy your ride

Cheers

I have bought an used Accent Viva CRDI in Nov 06 at 5.5 L ( Same prices as a new Swift VDI). Here is my comparision after 3 test drives of Swift VDI

1) Refinement: The swift VDI is ages ahead in refinement at low rpm.It's almost like petrol. Nevertheless if you accelerate hard it gets boomy and noisy
2) Torque: Even though both of them claim almost the same torque (19KG NM)on paper, swift has to be revved hard to get there, where as in my Accent I get it on demand from as low as 1400 rpm. Accent CRDI is the car with the least amount of turbo lag among all the ones I have driven.
3) Looks: Hmmm..both are different. I like them in different ways.
4) Space: Both cars are comparable in space for passengers even tough the swift is little more comfortable due to the upright position
5) Boot space: No contest here. Viva wins ahnds down. With the rear seat folded, I filled in 2 large and 4 small suitcases for my parent's US travel
6) Ride quality: again Viva wins hands down here. Swift ride is hard and all bumps are trsnsferred to seats
7) Handling: I would say that swift is slightly more sharper in handling than the viva.
8) Fuel efficiency: Can't compare but Swift will be higher by atlease 3-4 Km.

What would I chose if it was now?

I would still go for Accent Viva for the following reasons

1)We had a new arrival in the family and needed a diesel car with big boot in 5.5 L. Indigo is not an option

2) Even though Viva is noisy, it is not intrusive at cruising speeds. With the windows up and with some music playing, I hardly notice the noise.

3)The the torque is simply addictive. I still feel it's a better drivers car than swift. I have never smiled so much when driving that I have been in the last 4 months

4) Last but not the least, I feel that the quality of plastics, the tactile feel of the switches and the general fit and finish are way ahead in Accent. My two year old Accent's body still doesnt have rattles where as all the three swifts I have seen feel tinny in comparision especially when accelerating hard

Bottom line, at least in my case is...Accent Viva CRDI still rules
Old 24th March 2007, 16:20   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Comparisons are most welcome but, i detected a note of regret. Therefore my previous comment. And, viva is much superior than Swift D and only thing i dont like about viva is the engine sound at idle ( which you tend to love over a period of time like i do now) and probably handling characteristics at speeds great than 150 ( you feel like your flying to a small extent) otherwise, it's really a beast.
Hi

I think that I need to clarify that I DO NOT REGRET buying the VIVA CRDi at all, it's just that the launch of the SWIFT Diesel has made such waves that I thought it may be a good option....in terms of engine sound & general city driveablility, as it is not used for long distance or highway driving, for that I have the Octavia 1.9 TDi....

Appreciate your comments all the same.
Old 24th March 2007, 16:52   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

@Badri, agree with you completely on all points. Nice crisp outline !
Old 24th March 2007, 17:10   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Does anyone have snaps of White VDi. I love the white colur in Santro. Is the white VDi the same as white Santro ??
Nopes. Santro is much whiter. Here are pics of White Swift
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ift-vdi-3.html
Old 24th March 2007, 18:09   #178
BHPian

Thanks Tech , u made my day !! the white swift looks beautiful !! The reason i want white is that it is the most uncommon colour for a swift on the road ( a tleast in kolkata i have seen only one till date ), with the most common one being red. In my office there must be 25 swifts out which 20 are red in colour.If one can mantain a white i think it will lokk beteer than any other colour on the road. Also one question , Wont white swifts remain cooler from inside as comapred to black or other darker coloured swifts ???
Old 24th March 2007, 20:04   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Swift will win only in FE and looks.
even looks .. depends upon individual to individual.

Last edited by navdeep : 24th March 2007 at 20:08.
Old 24th March 2007, 20:34   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
even looks .. depends upon individual to individual.
i hate swift looks from rear... The best looking hatch is PALIO. Nothing comes close as for now. Even Getz is good looking they just need to work on the front end a bit..

Though Swift D is very silent with AC. Just experienced it today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks