Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2007, 21:50   #151
Senior - BHPian

In an auto show on a popular news channel,the U-va was being reviewed where the host goes on to say that the U-va felt more planted to the road whereas that is not the case with the swift,would like to know the truth about this from anybody having driven the two cars.
Old 20th March 2007, 22:10   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
In an auto show on a popular news channel,the U-va was being reviewed where the host goes on to say that the U-va felt more planted to the road whereas that is not the case with the swift,would like to know the truth about this from anybody having driven the two cars.
Yes i can vouch for the that. The Chevys ride and handling is much better then the Swifts and so is the comfort and space. Only thing lacking is the VFM and power, features comapred to the Swift.

BTW i booked a Swift
Old 21st March 2007, 21:09   #153

S.k

Well Well Well,

We had the previledge to buy the first car in chennai city, Swift VDI. It is just awesome.

Some of you have asked the question of the milleage, we get 20 on the high ways and 15-17 in the city road conditions.

I have driven it for about 1000km in about a weeks time (4500km in total in about 35 days) and I just want to drive the car more.

It is more fun to drive after the turbo kicks in. It kicks in sooner than what many thinks.

I have driven 150km/h and I felt there was more juice left. I have read some reviews that poeple have touched 170km. For me it is hard to belive.

It was disappointing to see JK tyres. Very hard compound and drivability was just bad. We installed 15 inch alloy and a Bridgestone sports tyres and I cant belive how much the drivability have changed. Yes I understand that this comes with a cost in milleage but considering the fact that its diesel I was willing to sacrifice 1km/l for this awesome drivability. Belive me its worth it.

Kudos to Maruthi installing this Diesel Engine using Fiat technology.

More updates to come after I drive this vehicle for the next 2 weeks prior my trip back to US.
Old 22nd March 2007, 11:31   #154
BHPian

Hi FellowBhpians
I was really interested in buying a swift vdi myself. But I am being unable to decide on a colour .I was thinking of a whilte swift but I hardly get to see a white swift on the road. I love the white colour relased in Ford ikon and other Mid Segment Cars. Will the white colour swift be on similar lines.Are any new colours planning to be launched or the colours shown on the maruti swift site is final ?? Also is there any site where snaps of all the colour available on swift have been posted ?? Please do help.

Thanks
Nikunj
My dealer is saying delivery in 3 weeks in Kolkata . What is the lead time in delivery experience by you guys ??
Old 22nd March 2007, 12:24   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

@Nikunj, white is a fantastic color and as you rightly said it looks great on sedans like Verna, Fiesta, Accent etc. But IMHO, sadly it looks really pathetic in smaller cars like for example i remember a white zen type II, it looked like it was white-washed

Swift looks great in Red, Ink Blue, Orange and Mettalic Gray
Old 22nd March 2007, 12:37   #156
Senior - BHPian

@Nikunj, I saw one white Swift VDI here yesterday and to me, it looked good. The blackened B pillars were a good contrast to the overall white colour. I also like the deep blue colour in swift. I think red is a little too common in that car. Orange looks good too.
Old 22nd March 2007, 13:09   #157
Team-BHP Support

hi karthi what size tyre u put with 15 inch?
Old 22nd March 2007, 16:04   #158
Senior - BHPian

I guess he put 195s. White is surely available in the VDi.
Old 22nd March 2007, 16:08   #159
BHPian

I feel white is too simple color for a swift like design.
Old 22nd March 2007, 16:20   #160
BHPian

i test drove the swift diesel yesterday. Simply good and comes closest to any petrol car and better too. with a right set of alloy wheels and tyres this car really rocks. I am gonna make this my new pocket rocket for sure.
Old 22nd March 2007, 16:24   #161
Team-BHP Support

I regularly see a white swift with black 17" wheels and dark tints! Man...that looks awesome!

On its own, with the skinny tyres and no tints, white doesn't look too good.
Old 22nd March 2007, 18:11   #162
Senior - BHPian

White Swifts are are no longer rare. I've seen quite a few lately. Looks good but would look better if the bumpers are matt black. The stock 165 MM tyres on Swifts look skinny and out of place but the alloys+185MM tyre combo that comes on ZXI looks nice.
Old 22nd March 2007, 18:31   #163
Senior - BHPian

Having bought an Accent VIVA CRDi in October 2006, in hindsight I think I should have waited for the SWIFT Diesel........reading such reviews from owners, has surely set me thinking again, but then maybe waiting for the Getz CRDi may be worth it , but surely the Swift Diesel rocks, just took a very short drive (not enough to gauge performance) but liked what ever little i drove....Cheers to all you proud owners, enjoy your ride

Cheers
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:51   #164
BHPian

Getz crdi could be a good competitor for the swift deisel, if they get the pricing right, i plan to buy the swift diesel but 4 that need to sell my wagon r... any threads here which could be an idea on how much to price my wagon r!!
Old 23rd March 2007, 23:37   #165
BHPian

Does anyone have snaps of White VDi. I love the white colur in Santro. Is the white VDi the same as white Santro ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks