Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2007, 00:29   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carjinx View Post
hi i wanted to know how long a swift vdi will take for delivery in bangalore....vishnu, u seemed to have gotten urs pretty quick...so did dileep(trivandrum) thou... i booked it around 12 days back and tht time they told me around 2.5 months minimum...am i being taken for a ride or do we actually have to wait that long?
When i was in Bangalore, and looking out for a car, it was just around when Swift was released, my friend was told he needed to wait around 2 months.
But he got it with in 2 weeks.
And if you working for a Corporate they usually deliver it within a week, that's the offer even i got.
Try and see if that works for you.
Old 14th February 2007, 13:19   #92

Hey thanks vishnu n carcrazy for ur advice, i spoke to the maruti people today and guys you'll are not going to believe what they told me!!!!
Firstly i was about to call maruti after reading these posts but to my surprise they called me up themselves...the lady i know from there gave me a ring... i then thought i'd ask her for quicker delivery but before i could do that she said she has some bad news to give me-the swift diesel deliveries are being postponed to around 4-5 months minimum, this is because maruti just told them this morning that they have realised some fatal problem with the ddis engines and so they have to rectify the ones already made also!!!!!
I then asked her if they are calling back the cars already delivered and she had no info about that. I guess thay have not got full reports as yet. Im really shocked and im thinking if i should consider cancelling my booking, primarily because its taking ages and now the problem is rattling in my head!
When is the getz crdi expected??
Old 14th February 2007, 13:43   #93
BHPian

Amazing. Did Maruti rush into it without performing adequate checks?
Old 14th February 2007, 14:51   #94
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the news is true... Maruti is just manufacturing the engine under license from FIAT, there's no question of further R&D.
Old 14th February 2007, 19:57   #95
BHPian

Hello carjinx, Can you reconfirm with her and let us know what exact that fatal problem is? We are waiting to cancel the bookings!!
Old 14th February 2007, 20:24   #96

hey people, i called up maruti again because i was not really convinced in the morning and now i asked about the swift problem again, they told me that there have been some complaints about initial pick up failing and few quality niggles so maruti wanted to fix this because people are paying a high price due to the engine etc, i still thought they are keeping something from me or probably they are just not sure what to say..
but she kept reassuring me that its worth waiting for the car..although it will take atleast 3-4 months from now even though the booking was done 10-12 days back!!!
im really ticked off with maruti.. i need a diesel hatch soon and i cannot consider indica after the amount of problems i have faced with one few months ago..totally confused!!
Old 14th February 2007, 21:35   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carjinx View Post
hey people, i called up maruti again because i was not really convinced in the morning and now i asked about the swift problem again, they told me that there have been some complaints about initial pick up failing and few quality niggles so maruti wanted to fix this because people are paying a high price due to the engine etc, i still thought they are keeping something from me or probably they are just not sure what to say..
but she kept reassuring me that its worth waiting for the car..although it will take atleast 3-4 months from now even though the booking was done 10-12 days back!!!
im really ticked off with maruti.. i need a diesel hatch soon and i cannot consider indica after the amount of problems i have faced with one few months ago..totally confused!!
My friend got the car the very next week after booking, and he's been really enjoying the car... Dont think there are any problems...

Why no other dealers have mentioned this or asking for 4-5 months time!!!
Old 14th February 2007, 21:49   #98
Senior - BHPian

We booked a Swift Vdi on 7th of Feb and the guy at pratham told it will be delivered by 1st or 2nd of march to us.
Old 14th February 2007, 22:17   #99
Senior - BHPian

Here they are saying from 2 - 7 days at Max. Colours like Silky Silver, Grey are readily available at Berkley..
Old 14th February 2007, 22:55   #100
BHPian

My friend got booking cancelled today from Jagmohan Motors Rohtak. The dealership says all bookings cancelled. Maruti no longer taking bookings for the Swift Diesel. reason unknown .(right now)
Old 14th February 2007, 23:12   #101

hey crazy driver, god forbid anything happening to ur frnds car but problems dont show up initially... im surprised as to how come other dealers also have not said 4-5 months..but bimal motors in bangalore told me 3-3.5 months today...dunno whats happening...
and rohit im surprised they are cancelling all bookings, what could possibly be wrong? never know in order to kill the market maruti has launched the swift d without doing a complete job!!!!
Old 15th February 2007, 15:05   #102
BHPian

Hey CarJinx ,

I really don’t think that new is true , it looks to me that Dealer is taking you for a ride. I would suggest you give a call at Maruti at Toll-Free 1800 1800 180 and ask them to validate the Dealers claim. This same model is getting sold at UK and other EU ( for at least 1 year ),so if there was any problem i am sure we would have heard about it.

More over there is a lot of speculation about the some tax rates getting slashed in this budget from 16% to 12 % so you may end up saving a cool 20K if you get it after 1 March ...

I am sure that this news if true would make up headlines in news papers
Old 15th February 2007, 16:32   #103
BHPian

I test drove Swift VDi on Saturday(10th). I did not find any driving problem. In fact engine & pickup were really good. However the sales guy told me that I will have to wait for atleast 8 weeks. He asked me to pay Rs 50K as booking amount. Today they called and tried to push ZXi. They said that VDi is going to have long wait. I asked why such long wait? They replied that the bookings have exceeded capacities. I have decided to wait and watch. Probably they expect duty on small cars may come down and before ZXi prices drop, they would like to clear existing stock.
Old 15th February 2007, 20:06   #104
Team-BHP Support

i got a second call from maruti (delhi) asking if i was contacted by the local dealer yesterday .. :P still awaiting a call
Old 15th February 2007, 23:38   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hey CarJinx ,

I really don’t think that new is true , it looks to me that Dealer is taking you for a ride. I would suggest you give a call at Maruti at Toll-Free 1800 1800 180 and ask them to validate the Dealers claim. This same model is getting sold at UK and other EU ( for at least 1 year ),so if there was any problem i am sure we would have heard about it.

More over there is a lot of speculation about the some tax rates getting slashed in this budget from 16% to 12 % so you may end up saving a cool 20K if you get it after 1 March ...

I am sure that this news if true would make up headlines in news papers

I believe they are trying to push the petrol Swift... Which might be in for a price fall shortly...

Did anyone call Maruti???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks