Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2022, 11:11   #136
BHPian

Re: Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Great to hear that finally you have decided to take the leap of faith.
The thing is that the dealers aren't sure of the production plans for Kicks followed in the factory and hence wouldn't commit any time frame and accept booking. Only when the desired variant of the customer matches with the stock available, they follow the proceedings.

Quote:
Do you have any information on this.

The video review shared by you paints a different picture. The headlamps are reflector units with no auto wipers but has leather upholstery all around! I think Nissan has sent the Car&Bike team a half-baked variant.

Refer the screenshot below,
Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report-screenshot-204.png

Hope it solves your query.

Last edited by eccentric : 20th January 2022 at 11:12. Reason: Removed futile texts. ;)
eccentric is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 11:36   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post

Hope it solves your query.
I think, more than me Nissan is confused. See the screenshot from their website

Any way, if you get a chance to clarify this from dealer, please let me know
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report-nissancapture.jpg  

Old 20th January 2022, 12:14   #138
BHPian

Quote:
I think, more than me Nissan is confused. See the screenshot from their website
Reminds me of a saying,
"If you can't convince them, confuse them!" Nissan seems to be following this adage with utmost reverence!

Whatever mentioned in the website, take them with a bucket load of salt. The offers mentioned in the website will not match with the dealerships, the online booking portal will also show varied results. Refer the below where they have marketed the reflector units to be rear fog lamps!
Name:  Screenshot 205.png
Views: 1651
Size:  87.7 KB

Quote:
Any way, if you get a chance to clarify this from dealer, please let me know
Sure, let us confuse him as well.
eccentric is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 12:28   #139
BHPian

Quote:

Do you have any information on this. Also in their website Nissan is showing pictures of Turbo CVT with leather/soft touch interiors, which is not there in reality. There is also one YouTube review by car and bike which shows a CVT with leather seats and soft touch dash board(link shared below).

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=3iMGSzMWe7w
There were few CVT with top end trim made exclusively for the media drive or pre production which were not meant for public sale, hence the confusions! Hope these are plying inside RNIPL used by their staffs!
jeganatu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 13:03   #140
BHPian

Quote:
That was very helpful, gentlemen!

Most probably, my purchase will be with EVM Nissan. They've even sent me the list of available stock. 5 Kicks are left in the factory. All are CVT, MY22 with 4 in the XV Premium variant and 1 in the XV variant.

I'll do the booking once they intimate me the availability of the desired variant.
I wonder if you would take your car service to EVM citing no discount by nearby dealer.

There are more strict dealer loosing sales as customers dont opt insurance.

Now a days its the norm followed informally by all dealers, be it Suzuki or MG. Only in rare cases, customer wins.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ds-cake-5.html (Dealer is ok losing MG Gloster sale as I won't buy insurance from him. EDIT: Dealer sends a cake)

When I renewed my 3rd Year Kicks Insurance (reliance provided by dealer ) the online quote and dealer quote was matching exactly the same.

However other brand quote was almost 30% cheaper but missed Retrun to invoice or excluded engine and key protections or never gave cashless service, etc.

I hope dealer may match your external quote if you really show some signs of buying a car!

Any non local dealer will wish to provide sale to any non jurisdiction buyer at a discount or own insurance only to meet his targets! May not offer other regular or day to day service you may need in long run!

At that moment, your local dealer may not show up THAT extra care for your addtional support since you ignored to buy from them!
If you had direclty bought the car from dealer in other city and give service with local dealer wont cause any trouble, but if we show attitude towards discounts, blatant negotiations and later rejecting to buy from local dealer and proceed to buy from other dealer, I am sure the future treatment varies.
This applies to any brand.

All the best!

Last edited by jeganatu : 20th January 2022 at 13:25.
jeganatu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 19:23   #141
BHPian

Quote:
We did receive a call today only to hear that they will book the vehicle only if insurance is taken from them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
I hope dealer may match your external quote if you really show some signs of buying a car!
Since I called off the deal after that telephonic conversation, the SA along with his manager paid us a visit and explained the factors that contribute to their inability to provide any kind of cost reduction in their services rendered. If I didn't show some signs of buying, would the aforementioned event have happened? No way.

Based on the explanations given by the manager, it's not they wouldn't but they simply couldn't sell the vehicle with reduced prices since their margins are quite meagre. And there are other factors which I just couldn't disclose it here.

Quote:
If you had direclty bought the car from dealer in other city and give service with local dealer wont cause any trouble, but if we show attitude towards discounts, blatant negotiations and later rejecting to buy from local dealer and proceed to buy from other dealer, I am sure the future treatment varies.
This applies to any brand.
Hard facts, huh?
Figured out these already. Am prepared for the worst possible outcome, I believe.

Quote:
All the best!
Thank you for your genuine concerns, brother. Very helpful! And, let us not take this thread further off-topic, please.

Would anyone please let me know,

1.Whether it is possible to swap the positions of the wiper/headlight stalk switches?
2. Performance of headlights
3. Maximum payload
4. Kerb weight
5. Is it possible to install an OEM steering wheel cover on the already leather wrapped steering wheel?
6. Are the OEM side and rear curtain accessories detachable?
7. Is it advisable to install seat covers over leather seats?
8. What are the items that are covered under warranty? Do they give any proof on purchase of extended warranty?
9. Spare key. Is it a smart card type?

Thanks!

Last edited by eccentric : 22nd January 2022 at 19:27. Reason: Adding extra quote. :)
Old 22nd January 2022, 19:54   #142
BHPian

Quote:

Would anyone please let me know,
1.Whether it is possible to swap the positions of the wiper/headlight stalk switches? No, thats the way Renault-Nissan Global product ( Kicks =Bo platform= Dacia= European) or Vw cars are built unless it is Made For India Car, Like Ameo.

2. Performance of headlights = Adequate, but if you drive more on HW, then upgrade High Beam to LEDs, You will appreciate !
3. Maximum payload . As high as you may think as this platform is very robust, also the roof rails are functional and can take load upto 50kg officially!
4. Kerb weight. Aproximately 1350 KG, Gross 1750Kg
5. Is it possible to install an OEM steering wheel cover on the already leather wrapped steering wheel? NO! And you wont feel to install any after market over the amazing OE leather wrap.
6. Are the OEM side and rear curtain accessories detachable? Yes.
7. Is it advisable to install seat covers over leather seats? If, its not the top variant with side air bag, then YES.
8. What are the items that are covered under warranty? Almost all except wear and tear items like filters, break pads. Do they give any proof on purchase of extended warranty? Yes, you get in an official letter head ! Also it will be updated in NISSAN CONNECT app with your VIN and at their back end ERP system.
9. Spare key. Is it a smart card type? The turbo variant has Remote start technology in the Key.

Check your PM, shared my number, you can contact me if you require more detailed informations.
Thanks!

Last edited by jeganatu : 22nd January 2022 at 20:13.
jeganatu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 21:55   #143
BHPian

Glad to see Kicks smoke the German Kushaq which is lighter and has DSG.

Godzilla is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 07:37   #144
BHPian

Hello everyone. I have a query. I got my 10k service for my Nissan Kicks Diesel done at 8400 kms. So, now do I need to get the 20k service done at 18400 kms or at 20k kms? Date wise it is due in April 2022. Also, I am going to complete 18400 kms in this week.
Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 08:47   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hello everyone. I have a query. I got my 10k service for my Nissan Kicks Diesel done at 8400 kms. So, now do I need to get the 20k service done at 18400 kms or at 20k kms? Date wise it is due in April 2022. Also, I am going to complete 18400 kms in this week.
Thanks
Service interval would be 10k kms (from the previous service) or 1 year, whichever is earlier.

So in your case, it will be 18400 kms (and not 20k kms).
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 14:31   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Service interval would be 10k kms (from the previous service) or 1 year, whichever is earlier.

So in your case, it will be 18400 kms (and not 20k kms).

Service interval is 10k kms or 1 year which ever is earlier.
I.e Date of billing to next 1 year is considered as service check point for sake of record and taken as referal for warrantly claim requirements.

You have done service at 8400 ODO assuming you have reached 1 year check pointearly. As per manual next service due is at 2nd year from date of billing or 20k which ever is earlier.

Suppose let us assume you drive only 5000 kms for 1 year, and perform 1st service. Say you drive another 10,000 kms past the first service within 3 months or 15 months of ownership. Now your odo will be at 15000, you have to perform 2nd service techinally to maintain health of the car and avail warranty requirements.

Let us assume you only drive another 2000 kms only for next 1 year from last date of 2nd service, then as per terms, you have achieved time requirement of 1 year and you have to perform 3rd oil service irrespective of completing 3 years of ownership date to avail warranty requirment !

Because most companies follow KM travelled or number of years say 50K or 3 years for accepting warranty. They will check the date of service carried out to sanction it. If a owner complete his 30 or 50k kms, his warranty will void inspite of 2 years duration left.
jeganatu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 01:26   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidg View Post
If you did not like Kushaq's suspension setup as compared to kicks, you'll definitely not like Taigun's suspension setup either. If you're getting kicks diesel in a good condition, nothing wrong in picking up a used one with 34K run. As far as 10 year rule is concerned, you still have 7 years or so remaining. try to negotiate a bit to around 8-8.5 and you're good to go. Engine parts should also be not an issue as it's the same as that of duster diesel.
Hey! Apologies for late reply.
I have heard that Taigun's suspension is better than Kushaq's. I have dropped my plan to buy used Kicks diesel and I am kore inclined towards taigun 1.5 manual now. I still don't know whether it will tick most of my boxes.
garybella is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 08:47   #148
BHPian

With the offset of winter season in Rajasthan, we planned to do a road trip to Jaisalmer from Jaipur. Visited Tanot Mata, Indo Pak border and Longewala yesterday. Oh man, the roads on this route are out of the world. Not a soul to be seen anywhere, other vehicle sighting is also rare. Thoroughly enjoyed driving Nissan Kicks in this part of Rajasthan and it performed really well. I am now totally addicted to the on tap power it offers .

We came to know that, soon Attari border like beating retreat ceremony will take place at Jaisalmer’s Indo Pak border point (Bawliyan) albeit without Pakistan’s participation. The construction of stadium is on the verge of completion.

I will post videos from my dashcam once I complete the trip, till then I’ll leave you with below pic.

Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report-8b0df7db07804232a6d74bca189da488.jpeg

Last edited by sahil624 : 25th February 2022 at 08:51.
sahil624 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 08:04   #149
BHPian

Well.

This review was helpful.

Everyone!

Its a baby. Both the car and dealership are fine (more on that later)

Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report-img_20220617_143211.jpg

(apologies for the poor edit)

Welcome the White Bronco
shresan23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 18:52   #150
BHPian

It was again time for my Nissan Kicks to visit yet another state and we decided that it would be Goa this time. We took the Mumbai-Pune-Kolhapur-Nilani-Amboli ghat route and in total we clocked 1500kms on this trip. Kicks returned a healthy FE of 17.7kmpl which included travel inside Pune city and Goa. The drive was wonderful especially the ghat sections while returning as it was raining and that made the drive mesmerising . As expected, the ride quality was awesome. And with the new iPhone 13 pro max there was an added fun and incentive to click random shots, some of them are below.

Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report-c9bb25d6b19642bfbb6efc686b184044.jpeg
Enroute Goa

Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report-fba931132e164f41b59d74413321611e.jpeg
At Amboli ghat

Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report-a7b8b657df4b4e23a24df31d810ecd49.jpeg
At Aguada Jail

Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report-f1bdeecb70d845a8a3ad9912014ee534.jpeg
Aguada Jail

Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report-9827ca7ec69a4c00ace3646717066752.jpeg
Vagator beach

Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report-a240d1f162ee4879a3dea798f16e5f4b.jpeg
Baga beach

The beach which we enjoyed the most was Morba beach (South Goa)

While returning, it was raining the whole time till we crossed Goa border. However, till we hit the NH48 highway it was a scenic drive.

sahil624 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks