Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2021, 00:17   #121
BHPian

Re: Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report

Apologies for the delayed response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
I think there is slight tint on the glasses on my XV diesel. I dont think it is a UV protect one.
You mean a tinge of green shade?

Quote:
Just wanted to understand, How does the dynamic of Kicks compare to the Duster and Kushaq. I want to know more about how you felt, as many comment that Kushaq has good dynamics.
The Kushaq test drive was not so full blown as the Renault-Nissan duo. Just around 30 minutes in well paved city roads, it treaded.
Kushaq felt tightly packed, more nimble and easy to zip past the slow moving traffic. Why?

It's tiny. It is shorter in length, width, height, wheelbase and GC. Simply put, these translates to low CG, obviously offering better dynamics than the rest, IMO.

Name:  ku vs d vs ki.JPG
Views: 908
Size:  36.5 KB

The duration of TD with the Kicks and Duster spanned more than an hour with each one of them across city streets, highways and gravel-mud entrenched path.

The Duster is an analog animal. One can play with the car at speeds below 120 KMH! Oh, on the broken tarmac, I felt like I was riding an ATV. Fly in the ointment though is the body roll at speeds past 120 KMH in the sweeping sections of highways. You get the sensation to lift off the gas pedal, apply the brakes and then negotiate the turn. The lack of electronic aids?

The KICKS is simply a Truck! Made its size evident while traversing those crossly aligned road blocks and U-Turns, reminds you that you're piloting an SUV. The high seating position also tempted to trample the broken patches and genormous speed bumps with no remorse. On the same sweeping section of the highway, I was doing 20 KMH more than the speed limit with my foot welded to the accelerator pedal and giggling all over, not even a hint of nervousness I felt. Probably VDC/ESC in-charge?

I'll sum it up, Kushaq is urban, Duster is utilitarian and the Kicks, the sweet spot.

Quote:
People tend to expect too much or be finicky with sales and service as though they are gonna marry them'. IMO it is just plain absurd for people to think it is a deal breaker.

The sales person/service personnel can be uneducated on the nuances of variants and technical details or ignorant on what is a good customer experience. BUT I was willing to take this risk, and everyone's risk appetite is different. So, I will leave it to you.
TBH, I had no expectations earlier. I don't need the salesman to sell this vehicle. They needn't tell me how superiror their product is to the competitors. Why? Because, am an informed buyer who knows the strengths and the weakness of the product and is already sold on the vehicle!

After the torment I've been put through and would be put later on, I just need a reward in return for my risk appetite - A 10% discount on Ex-showroom price, when paid in full cash. That would suffice.

Quote:
If you are willing to wait, then I would suggest to wait for another 6 months. I get a feeling that Kicks might get updated/replaced. Although I may be totally wrong as well.
You may be right. During the talks with EVM Nissan, the sales executive was willing to sell the display vehicle but not accept a fresh booking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidg View Post
I believe a car must be robust mechanically as the main reason of buying cars is to travel with utmost comfort. Ride quality of kicks and duster are miles ahead of its competition. Having said that, Kicks does cover almost all modern day features with Nissan connect.
Nissan Kicks, the last best hope for the transitioning mechanical man.
eccentric is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 18:31   #122
BHPian

I am also thinking of buying the Kicks 1.3 turbo XV Premium(O) model. I test drove it and as was pointed out by many, the clutch, gear & steering were harder to operate but the car was an absolute joy to drive with the power it offers. I asked the SA if there is a facelift or an upgrade planned and he responded that they are planning to add few features but not a complete facelift. Not sure how much of it is true.
ramsudhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 12:37   #123
BHPian

After continuous follow-up and pestering them for a quote for two days, the dealer finally called me today and told that they don't have any vehicle in the variant I was planning to buy either in their stock or in the factory. As per him, they are expecting a new vehicle only in the new year, probably end of January or February and that too it might be not be available in a color of my choice.

Nissan is either really not interested in selling Kicks or struggling with the chip shortage.
Old 22nd December 2021, 13:27   #124
BHPian

Update: 15789 Kms

The 24 month/20k, 2nd service of my Nissan Kicks was done at EVM Nissan, Coimbatore. The service experience was top notch, would rate 9/10. The service advisor Hariharan almost spent 45 min observing and noting down various things before service and spent 20 min during delivery to explain what has been done. They showed me the replaced old parts as well. Minor things were fixed even without me telling them such as wiper blades. The car was super clean and perfumed while delivery. The car felt markedly smooth post 2nd service. I am super happy the service was much better than my experiences with other dealers in Chennai or Ex. dealer Ramani Nissan at Coimbatore. Great Job EVM Nissan.

Now, I also ordered a DashCam, 70Mai 500 pro plus from Nextdigitron. Will post later about the same post installation.

Before the second service I removed the dieseltronics tuning box for a few days and I missed it a lot during my city driving, the difference is night and day, my kicks felt loose and sluggish with the turbo lag at city speeds. Glad I got the dieseltronics. Another thing I noticed is that the steering gets slightly tighter with tuning box I am assuming the steering is linked to boost pressure? Not sure.

Apart from this the ceramic coating I guess is pretty much worn off. I have maintained the car quite well with regular monthly washes and even ceramic top ups but still the ceramic effect is much reduced. I definitely think spending more than 20k on any coating is not worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report-6e0c95e41a26463eb651bfdf5bc9cdef.jpeg  

Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report-056414761f114fcfb552c121616c9b98.jpeg  

Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report-9e3b3a2f278f4789bdd4cfc9e25550fb.jpeg  

Last edited by Godzilla : 22nd December 2021 at 13:31.
Godzilla is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 09:11   #125

Considering the nissan kicks

Would love to talk to you Godzilla about the kicks. I am considering it seriously, although I am bit hesitant to go for it. Call me on 9820899881
Shyam89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 13:36   #126

Hi,

I am looking for a compact SUV under 20 lakh, have TD Kushaq 1.5 DSG, Astor turbo and Kicks 1.3 turbo CVT till now.

Performance wise both Kushaq's and Kicks engines are better IMO as both produces around 150hp. I have immediately rejected Astor as I didn't like its ride quality and exterior (specially front end, the EV's exterior is much better IMO). Also the fuel figures are not great. From the other 2, Kushaq is a great cruiser but I found its suspension to be on a stiffer side (if we compare it with Kicks).

There is a price difference of almost 5 lakh (between Kushaq and Kicks). Looking for other options as well (avoiding Korean siblings). Please help me suggest, my requirements are as follows:
  1. Ride and Handling: Looking for a car that can handle bad road with ease with good ground clearance and handling
  2. Fuel Economy: As my monthly run would be around 2000 kms, a fuel economy of more than 15KMPL is acceptable.
  3. Looks: Should look proportionate from every angle
  4. Features: I am not attracted by features what koreans are offering but some basic features these days like infotainment with apple carplay and Android Auto, steering mounted controls, etc, are must.

From my above TD cars I liked, Kushaq's engine over Kicks, but Kicks ride over Kushaq's.

I am considering some more cars for TD like VW Taigun, Force Gurkha (just because its in this price bracket)

Yesterday, I have seen a Nissan Kick 1.5 diesel XV premium at Mahindra First Choice. ODO was around 34000km, 2019 April model. I found it matching all my requirements. The car was in a very good condition. Asking price was 9.5 Lakh (half the price of what my budget is), I am confused whether I sould drop my plan of buying a new 1 and pick this one instead or I should avoid buying a Diesel car considering I live in delhi NCR.

Please help!
garybella is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 11:51   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by garybella View Post
Hi,

I am considering some more cars for TD like VW Taigun, Force Gurkha (just because its in this price bracket)

Yesterday, I have seen a Nissan Kick 1.5 diesel XV premium at Mahindra First Choice. ODO was around 34000km, 2019 April model. I found it matching all my requirements. The car was in a very good condition. Asking price was 9.5 Lakh (half the price of what my budget is), I am confused whether I sould drop my plan of buying a new 1 and pick this one instead or I should avoid buying a Diesel car considering I live in delhi NCR.

Please help!
If you did not like Kushaq's suspension setup as compared to kicks, you'll definitely not like Taigun's suspension setup either. If you're getting kicks diesel in a good condition, nothing wrong in picking up a used one with 34K run. As far as 10 year rule is concerned, you still have 7 years or so remaining. try to negotiate a bit to around 8-8.5 and you're good to go. Engine parts should also be not an issue as it's the same as that of duster diesel.

Last edited by sidg : 15th January 2022 at 12:03. Reason: grammer
sidg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 14:16   #128
BHPian

Nissan Kicks Pre Turbo 1.3 Manual

Onroad price-16.6Lakhs
September 2021 discount-1 Lakhs
Onroad price after discount and exchange -12.7 Lakhs with 5-year warranty
Current Odometer reading: ~4,600 Kms

Cars TD'ed / considered to arrive at final decision-
1. Korean Twins, Creta and Seltos- Rejected owing to obnoxious waiting times. Was not too impressed by the test drive either
2. Tata Harrier - Loved the big diesel engine but kept it as a last resort since I was looking for a petrol vehicle. Waiting times were reasonable for the Harrier
3. Jeep Compass - Loved the ride and overall vehicle but it just did feel worth the extra 5 lakhs over the Kicks. Moreover, the showroom on Hosur Road had converted to a Citroen which bought doubts into my mind about Jeep's intentions to continue in the Indian market (and then I proceeded to buy a Nissan)
4. The VAG twins - I had a look at the Kushaq and Taigun but the lackadaisical attitude at the service centers put me off ( Skoda acknowledged request for a TD almost 3 months after I visited the showroom to enquire )

The final decision -
I had had my eyes on the Kicks turbo since its launch in 2019. But Nissan's shaky future in India prevented me from pursuing this interest. However, with the launch and runaway success of the Magnite, Nissan was back on India's automobile map and I started to re-consider the Kicks as my next vehicle. I have had a soft for Japanese vehicles for the longest time and wanted to continue the trend. I had waited for Honda to launch something exciting for nearly 2 years but seems they are on some sort of death wish in the Indian market. Hence had to look towards the only other Jap offering an SUV in my budget range.

Experience so far-
The dealer on ORR in Bangalore has quite a nice setup for Nissan and I had a really good experience purchasing the vehicle. I had my Brio for exchange and was offered a decent price for it and along with the exchange bonus, it became a no brainer to go for the exchange. Timelines and change requests were adhered to with no unnecessary delays or excuses.
As for the vehicle, it has been phenomenal. The only issue that came up was a buzzing in the dashboard between 30kmph and 60kmph. It was fixed on the first service and there have been no further issues.
Likes -
1. Ride Quality and Suspension setup
2. A proper 5 seater with space for 3 adults to sit at the back
3. Huge boot space
4. A superb mile muncher! Very relaxed at triple digit speeds
5. Turbo lag feel is minimal in the city
6. High ground clearance
7. Fuel Economy is also decent with 10-11 in the city and about 16 on the highway
8. Turning the engine on using the key from afar is a damn useful feature if you stay in a hot city
Dislikes -
1. 2 airbags and even the top end version I believe has 4
2. No dead pedal and footwell is a bit narrow
3. Steering kick back under hard acceleration
4. Single digit fuel economy when driven hard (this though is true for any turbo petrol)
ShreyG is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 16:12   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreyG View Post
Nissan Kicks Pre Turbo 1.3 Manual
Congrats on your new chariot. How is the clutch?
Old 18th January 2022, 16:37   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Congrats on your new chariot. How is the clutch?
Thank you! . Clutch seems fine. Was a bit heavy at the start but seems pretty normal now post the run in.
ShreyG is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 10:18   #131
BHPian

People,

Whether the Kicks, at least in the top end variant has Auto folding ORVMs? Could anyone explain the behavior of these when locking/unlocking of the vehicle?

Thanks!
Old 19th January 2022, 14:11   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
People,

Whether the Kicks, at least in the top end variant has Auto folding ORVMs? Could anyone explain the behavior of these when locking/unlocking of the vehicle?

Thanks!
Hi. I have the Premium Turbo Manual version. ORVMs do not autofold / open while locking / unlocking the car. There is a knob to adjust them / completely fold them on the driver side panel which needs to be used if you wish to fold them on leaving the vehicle.
ShreyG is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 14:27   #133
BHPian

Quote:
People,

Thanks!
The top 2 variants has Electrically Foldable OVRMs, Which means you have to do it manually with the dedicated switch if you want to keep it folded. There is no auto folding ORVMs synchronized with Locking system. Actually this is a welcome feature, as many like me, prefer to have the manual control with dedicated switch rather as Auto mode.

By the way, what's your booking status with Jeevan Nissan?
jeganatu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 17:51   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreyG View Post
ORVMs do not autofold / open while locking / unlocking the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
There is no auto folding ORVMs synchronized with Locking system.
That was very helpful, gentlemen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
By the way, what's your booking status with Jeevan Nissan?
Dear Jeganatu,

Day before yesterday, the SA from Jeevan Nissan visited our premises, handed over the 2022 pricelist and explained the non-availability of any discounts. So, we decided that we'll take insurance from outside and save almost Rs. 40,000/-. He eventually agreed and left, saying that he will be intimating us the availability of stock.

We did receive a call today only to hear that they will book the vehicle only if insurance is taken from them! So, am pretty sure they don't want to sell this vehicle to me.

Most probably, my purchase will be with EVM Nissan. They've even sent me the list of available stock. 5 Kicks are left in the factory. All are CVT, MY22 with 4 in the XV Premium variant and 1 in the XV variant.

I'll do the booking once they intimate me the availability of the desired variant.

Last edited by eccentric : 19th January 2022 at 17:56.
Old 20th January 2022, 09:04   #135
BHPian

Quote:
That was very helpful, gentlemen!

Most probably, my purchase will be with EVM Nissan.
Great to hear that finally you have decided to take the leap of faith. In the brochure it is clear that Turbo CVT do not have auto headlamps and cornering fog lamps. But Nissan website says that it has both. I tried to contact them through twitter for clarification but no response.

Do you have any information on this. Also in their website Nissan is showing pictures of Turbo CVT with leather/soft touch interiors, which is not there in reality. There is also one YouTube review by car and bike which shows a CVT with leather seats and soft touch dash board(link shared below).

das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks