Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2020, 11:16   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report

Thanks a ton for sharing! Awesome review. Your car is going shortly to our homepage .

I h-a-t-e the brand, but do like some of their cars (e.g. my own Sunny). The Kicks was an honest attempt by them & its way superior to the Captur IMHO. I hope the company changes its track, strategy & intentions as they have some neat cars in their line-up globally. Plus, Rakesh Srivastava is a stud himself.

Wish you many happy km & memories with your Kicks!
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 11:34   #17
BHPian

A few days back, I was admiring a Nissan Kicks parked on my street. It looked really good in that bright blue colour.

Then I saw the pictures on the beach. Turns out, it was your car I was admiring

Congrats on the Kicks! Do keep us updated on your ownership experience.

Attaching a picture I took in the same place.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report-img_20200210_112800_643.jpg  

SS8939 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 12:07   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Congratulations for the acquisition of this Fantastic Beast.

This actually is a very exhaustive review and I concur with each and every point you made.
I had an extensive test drive in december, and contemplating to purchase Nissan Kicks. However, I was not able to find anyone for the referral and later on put this purchase on hold due to various reasons.

Paint chip due to bird poop is really unfortunate on a new car. I wish dealer should have done something concrete to remove that.

Small correction, I think it is OBD Port.

Wish you many more happy miles and keep updating the thread.

Thanks Highh5, glad you liked my review. I can help you find someone for refferral, if you are still looking for please PM me. You are correct that is an OBD port. Cheers!
Godzilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 12:14   #19
BHPian

First cars always have the extra burden to fulfill all the expectations of the owner. And the Kicks seems to deliver on that. Wishing you lots of safe miles. Looking forward to read about your expeditions in this beautiful and practical SUV.
SPB_drives is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 12:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Wow. An amazing review. Comprehensive but to the point. Thanks man. Congrats on the car. Your wife was right. Blue looks amazing in pictures.

I did see this color on Kicks just few weeks back coincidentally and it looks great in real life too.

Since you compared both the Ecosport and Kicks diesel, could you let me know how the Ecosport clutch is compared to kicks (or rather which is more easy to drive in city)?
Thanks JithinR, glad you liked it. As far as I can tell, both the clutches are similar in terms of lightness and travel. However, Ecosport will be slightly easier to drive in city compared to Kicks due to the engine characteristics (smooth power delivery) and that fabulous steering.
Godzilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 13:27   #21
BHPian

What an honest and heartfelt review of what seems to be an amazing car! Rating 5 stars!

When the Kicks was launched, my first reaction was that it looked more European than it's counterparts, the Duster and the Captur. The exterior is very handsome and the interior feels very well laid out, unlike it's cousins from Renault, which look messy and dated. I'm sure it's a hoot to drive.

Finally, I have to applaud you for investing your hard earned money on something that is written off in the Indian market. I own one of the market duds myself and after 6 years of ownership, I can tell you that market verdict could never be so wrong. IMHO, most of the cars that have failed in India, termed 'flops' are coincidentally one of the best cars that one can own.

Wishing you a happy ownership and safe travels!
Porschefire is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 13:34   #22
BHPian

Wow! For a moment, I felt like I am reading official review. Only at the end of report, I realized that it's an ownership review. Congrats on the new car and wish you many miles ahead.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...opped-car.html (The Pros & Cons to buying a flopped car)

The above thread was just started month back and poll results says that people will buy the flop car if pricing is good and the same is witnessed in your thread.

Absolutely love the blue version of Nissan Kicks. I hope the service guys are friendly and knowledgeable to support your ownership. I found more unskilled service/sales guys in the under performer showrooms like Nissan, Renault.
GRAND23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 13:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks a ton for sharing! Awesome review. Your car is going shortly to our homepage .

I h-a-t-e the brand, but do like some of their cars (e.g. my own Sunny). The Kicks was an honest attempt by them & its way superior to the Captur IMHO. I hope the company changes its track, strategy & intentions as they have some neat cars in their line-up globally. Plus, Rakesh Srivastava is a stud himself.

Wish you many happy km & memories with your Kicks!
Thanks GTO, I am just delighted to hear an appreciation from someone I admire and respect a lot. You have made my day! I am super excited to see my review in the TeamBHP home page.

I agree with you. Awaiting to see how Rakesh Srivastava can work his magic.
Godzilla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 14:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS8939 View Post
A few days back, I was admiring a Nissan Kicks parked on my street. It looked really good in that bright blue colour.

Then I saw the pictures on the beach. Turns out, it was your car I was admiring

Congrats on the Kicks! Do keep us updated on your ownership experience.

Attaching a picture I took in the same place.
Thanks SS8939. Will keep updating. Your Audi looks fab. Glad to know I have a BHPian nearby, look forward to saying Hello.
Godzilla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 15:38   #25
BHPian

Thank you for the user-centric review. I particularly loved how you explained how the Kicks looks small because of the grills and windows. And the seat back support issues because of how the seat raises its height is highly appreciated.
evil_grin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 18:33   #26
BANNED

Nice write up ! Nissan Kicks is certainly a good car; however Nissan's lethargic attitude is killing few of the good products they introduced here in India. If they don't work on their strategies then I am afraid that very soon they will also follow Chevy's path.
drkuldeep1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 20:06   #27
BHPian

A nice detailed review

Congrats on the beast. Hope you munch many miles in the coming years. The paint scrapping off with the bird dropping is just unacceptable. If I were in your position, I would just not accept the car like that.

Cheers!
porsche_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 22:14   #28
BHPian

Very detailed thread ... However, since I drive a 2016 Duster AWD, several parts are shared.
1> A front-wheel-drive car cannot be a SUV, the term is widely misused.
2> Try to get rid of that floor mat, it's risky with age the wear and tear can cause the A pedal to get stuck.

Drive safe and look forward to your ownership experience.
ARAY is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 22:46   #29
BHPian

An amazing comprehensive review!
A potential buyer can understand the Kicks extremely well with this review and Yes! The Blue looks absolutely brilliant on this car. My only grouse is with the manufacturer, Nissan being a global car maker has just not been serious enough with the market and I have heard several horror stories regarding the after sales service. The Kick with the on going discounts is immensely desirable but the after sales service of Nissan along with high maintenance of the 1.5K are two major downers at least for me and that's where Seltos & Creta takes the cake though thank you for explaining about the ESP. I wasn't aware that the same isn't offered in Seltos Diesel.

Congratulations on the fantastic product & wishing you several more happy miles in the same! I am definitely recommending this review to the potential buyers in this segment. Cheers!
YashD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 03:51   #30
BHPian

To the point review and I felt like I was reading an official Team Bhp review. Glad that you chose to go for safety rather than looks and your emphasis on ESP. You're right with the fact that the Asian brands(Koreans especially) have taken the Indian customer for granted and are not providing life saving features such as ESP/ TC on all variants. Creta AT and Seltos AT(except DCT) does not have TCS,hill hold and ESP which are a must have in an Automatic.

After reading the freak accident part, I've decided that the next car in my house will be a car which has the maximum safety features.
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks