Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2022, 11:58   #151
BHPian

Re: Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report

XV owners help me out please. I have tried to bend over backwards to try to connect to Android Auto. It definitely doesnt connect. Bluetooth works fine, but android auto is just straying away. Is there something i am missing? My phone is kind of latest and the brochure says that our car supports Android Auto. Help me out please....
Old 6th July 2022, 12:39   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shresan23 View Post
XV owners help me out please. I have tried to bend over backwards to try to connect to Android Auto. It definitely doesnt connect. Bluetooth works fine, but android auto is just straying away. Is there something i am missing? My phone is kind of latest and the brochure says that our car supports Android Auto. Help me out please....
Hi, hope you are trying to connect it using wire through the USB port.
Old 6th July 2022, 12:41   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Yes i have tried everything possible. The last problem might be a problem with the cable. But the cable works fine in every other device
Old 7th July 2022, 17:35   #154
BHPian

Quote:

Well, thanks a ton. I changed the cable and tried. It worked seamlessly. So seamlessly in fact, the car spotify connected to my tv spotify in the 2nd floor somehow.

End of the day it worked, so no complaints
shresan23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 11:44   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Glad to see Kicks smoke the German Kushaq which is lighter and has DSG.
Quote:
Hello everyone. I have a query. I got my 10k service for my Nissan Kicks Diesel done at 8400 kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
Service interval is 10k kms or 1 year which ever is earlier.
Hi Guys, its been long since I have read any significant updates about your respective beauties! At my end, Kicks is nearing 90K in about 30 months time. Its been an overall pleasant ownership so far. Though with extended warranty too coming to an end soon, it needs to be seen.

Some niggles, some freak scratches and dents, some perpetual issues have persisted but the Kicks soldiers on as the daily driver! These repeated issues at the workshop might not have disappeared, but in the process it gives you good recognition and relations with their staff

Wishing you all happy miles!
Diesel_Drives is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 11:47   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post
Hi Guys, its been long since I have read any significant updates about your respective beauties! At my end, Kicks is nearing 90K in about 30 months time. Its been an overall pleasant ownership so far. Though with extended warranty too coming to an end soon, it needs to be seen.

90k km! Woah! That's a commendable milestone in short space, even many early duster would not have touched ! By the try to join kicks owners group in Facebook and whatspp and share your experiences to fellow owners.
jeganatu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 23:47   #157

Hello Kicks owners. I have a quick question. Once you are in the car and activate the central lock switch, does the door still open from inside (without deactivating central lock)? I came across a video where a kicks owner stated that the doors can still be opened from inside even after activating the central lock. I'm not quite sure about this.
Old 26th September 2022, 00:35   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post

Whoa! 90k is mind blowing in such a short span of time. I have not been able to take my Kicks on a long route since the start of July. Eagerly waiting for the Diwali week as I am planning to drive down from Mumbai to Jaipur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed1991 View Post
Hello Kicks owners. I have a quick question. Once you are in the car and activate the central lock switch, does the door still open from inside (without deactivating central lock)? I came across a video where a kicks owner stated that the doors can still be opened from inside even after activating the central lock. I'm not quite sure about this.
Yes, unfortunately, you can open the doors from inside even after you centrally lock the door.

Update on my Kicks Diesel. I have added a few new accessories in my Kicks.

First, the Sensairy head unit display. This was pending since a long time as at the time of TPMS purchase from Sensairy the HU was not available. After a long time it got available and Mr. Ajay was kind enough to give me a heads up that the unit is now available. Got it fixed with wires neatly tucked inside the pillars.

Second, I felt a need to go for the wireless Apple Car Play as with my new phone I was very sceptical of plugging in even for a shorter distance. I ordered Wireless Carplay from an international seller listed on Amazon India. After an excruciating wait for 25 days, it got delivered and I am using it since two days now. It is working perfectly, I hope it continues this way. The picture of the dashboard below:

Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report-112ff91357c04cd9a042ebe928f555bd.jpeg

My car will be due for 30k service in a few Kilometres. Can anyone share is approximate hit on the pocket for Diesel version? Thanks.
sahil624 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 10:57   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed1991 View Post
All VWs have this feature.I think it is a safety feature .In case the car has gone under water,passengers can open the door and come out even if it is locked.
das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 16:21   #160
BHPian

Quote:
My car will be due for 30k service in a few Kilometres. Can anyone share is approximate hit on the pocket for Diesel version? Thanks.
Hi Sahil, Nissan used to have service cost calculator on their website at one point of time. In the post below, is the summary I had made basis the website back then : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4948613 (The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs)

And below post has my 30K service bill. However its from January 2021. So you'd be the best judge to tell the amount of inflation since then
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4975509 (The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs)
Diesel_Drives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 19:08   #161
BHPian

I visited a Nissan showroom today to check out the Kicks. Wanted to see it before it was gone. SA told me that the Turbo variant has been discontinued 1-2 months ago, and only the 1.5 NA is being sold. He also told me Kicks will be slowly phased out once Qashqai and Xtrail are launched. I was disappointed, and didn't bother to take a test drive. Heck there was only one display vehicle in the empty showroom and it was locked. SA asked me if I wanted to see the Magnite as he couldn't find keys for the Kicks.

I asked him about the sales of the Kicks, and he told me 4-5 vehicles are sold per month. Kudos to the dealership for making profits out of it and giving salaries to salesguys.

I don't know why Nissan still exists in India. They are going to sell nothing if that is the kind of showroom experience that they are willing to offer.

Long story short, Kicks turbo has been discontinued, and I'm surprised as I haven't seen this anywhere.

Last edited by saikishor : 21st October 2022 at 19:11.
saikishor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 01:14   #162

What a shame! I was planning to get this car despite the trend. Just like you, wanted to get my hands on this before it is gone. But, looks like Nissan is no longer interested in selling the Kicks. Anyone from Bangalore be able to share some light if that's the scenario here as well?
Old 29th December 2022, 09:59   #163
BHPian

Hi Guys. So wanted to check on a thing. The cruise control is my 1.3T XV Prem stopped working randomly yesterday. And it was non functional throughout my 300 kms journey. My question is whether this a known fault and is there any DIY diagnosis that can be done? I know the button works since the green light turns on when I flick the switch. I also know the +/- buttons work because I am able to use the speed limiter function through them.
TIA
Old 22nd February 2023, 17:43   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreyG View Post
Hi Guys. So wanted to check on a thing. The cruise control is my 1.3T XV Prem stopped working randomly yesterday. And it was non functional throughout my 300 kms journey. My question is whether this a known fault and is there any DIY diagnosis that can be done? I know the button works since the green light turns on when I flick the switch. I also know the +/- buttons work because I am able to use the speed limiter function through them.
TIA
Update! So the cruise control randomly came to life today. Visit to the Nissan service center was unfruitful since they were unable to detect any errors despite having the vehicle for the whole day.
They wanted to keep the car for 3-4 days to open up the engine bay and look for problems. Since it is my only car, I needed to plan for the same. But lo and behold today, I start it up and cruise control working absolutely normally. It had been flashing "check cruise control" for close to 2 months.
I am now unsure whether I should take it back to the service center folks. Thinking of monitoring the situation for a few days and see if the problem creeps back again.
ShreyG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 16:43   #165
BHPian

Hello fellow Nissan Kicks owners,

Picked up a used Nissan Kicks Diesel a month ago. It's a 2019 XV Premium (O) variant with 40k on the odo. Got it serviced immediately after purchase at ASC Navi Mumbai. I have a few doubts regarding the vehicle & it's service:

1. At ASC, I was told that the parts are not sold over the counter. Is it the same everywhere? If so, any alternative where we can buy good quality non OEM spares? (Apart from Bodomo)

2. Any tips on how to avoid the fuel injector issues?

3. Will be changing tyres in next few months. Any suggestions?
I am more than satisfied with Turanzas on my other vehicle but those are not available in the stock size of Kicks. My priorities are wet grip, low noise and durability.

Thanks
Sameer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks