Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2023, 12:34   #151
BHPian

re: Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
55,000kms update - Rotor's replaced along with brake pad. Swapped alloys from facelift.
@Xaos636s Amazing mileage and great ownership review

My 2021 Venue SX(O) IMT, has completed 30000Kms. Just completed the periodic maintenance service. In the service, they have replaced the front brake pads. Can you please let me know when did you replace the front brake pads? I see that along with rotors, you’ve replace the pads. So, regarding just the pads, is this the 2nd set or 1st set?

Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 13:51   #152
BHPian

re: Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpapache View Post
@Xaos636s Amazing mileage and great ownership review

My 2021 Venue SX(O) IMT, has completed 30000Kms. Just completed the periodic maintenance service. In the service, they have replaced the front brake pads. Can you please let me know when did you replace the front brake pads? I see that along with rotors, you’ve replace the pads. So, regarding just the pads, is this the 2nd set or 1st set?

Thanks
Hello there. I replaced my first set of pads at 55,000kms. It would have still went on till 60k, but the jerkiness of brakes above 80kph was a bit worrying, and skimming/replacing the rotors were the only choice. So I changed the pads along with the rotors. Do you have a pic of the old pads ? I think 30k kms could be too early to replace the pads.
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 14:32   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Do you have a pic of the old pads ? I think 30k kms could be too early to replace the pads.
Unfortunately the dealer didn’t send the pic/video. They haven’t sent the old pads either. I have informed the service centre regarding the same.

I suspect that I have been scammed or they have charged for cleaning the pads and added something else in the bill
And what’s fishy is, they have charged for one brake pad alone (₹519)

What was the cost of brake pads charged for you?
Attached Thumbnails
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-screenshot-20230524-12.26.15.png  

Old 31st May 2023, 15:55   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately the dealer didn’t send the pic/video. They haven’t sent the old pads either. I have informed the service Centre regarding the same.

I suspect that I have been scammed or they have charged for cleaning the pads and added something else in the bill
And what’s fishy is, they have charged for one brake pad alone (₹519)

What was the cost of brake pads charged for you?
The second part of the image is the labour. Rs.519 is for brake pad replacement labour charge where your pads are not replaced actually. Front pads for the Venue costs Rs.3800. Also throttle body cleaning charges are totally uncalled for.

The rear brake shoe cleaning is included in the Periodic Maintenance Charge(PMS, Rs.2469) as per my SA here and they never charged me for the same, but cleans it during every service. The consumables charge of Rs.350 is also totally unwanted during a 30k service.

I see you are in Bangalore, hence please do alignment and balancing at reputed shops like Madhus. At Hyundai you have paid close to Rs.1600 including weights for alignment and balancing. Rs.350 + Rs.519 + Rs.387 +Rs.312 are all jobs which were not required as per me.
Old 31st May 2023, 17:48   #155
BHPian

Quote:
I see you are in Bangalore, hence please do alignment and balancing at reputed shops like Madhus. At Hyundai you have paid close to Rs.1600 including weights for alignment and balancing. Rs.350 + Rs.519 + Rs.387 +Rs.312 are all jobs which were not required as per me.
Thanks for going through the invoice and explaining what wasn’t necessary.
I wasn’t aware of these things and hence it helps me a lot.
Regarding wheel alignment and balancing, I used to get it done at Madhus. But after the wheel alignment and balancing, the guys at Madhu had asked me to get the steering alignment done at the service centre. This is where I had trouble. The Hyundai ASC guys said they can’t depend on readings from outside and were indirectly telling me they won’t support that etc., etc.,
Hence I chose to get it done at the ASC itself.

What’s your take on this?

Thanks
bpapache is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 19:25   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for going through the invoice and explaining what wasn’t necessary.
I wasn’t aware of these things and hence it helps me a lot.
Regarding wheel alignment and balancing, I used to get it done at Madhus. But after the wheel alignment and balancing, the guys at Madhu had asked me to get the steering alignment done at the service centre. This is where I had trouble. The Hyundai ASC guys said they can’t depend on readings from outside and were indirectly telling me they won’t support that etc., etc.,
Hence I chose to get it done at the ASC itself.

What’s your take on this?

Thanks
That might be a one off situation. I have done my alignment and balancing at Madhus since the car was new. I keep a 5k km interval to do it and have never faced an issue. Steering calibration alone can be done free of cost at Hyundai anyway. So it’s your call. If the Hyundai alignment and balancing is trustworthy for you, its fine to continue there.
Old 21st July 2023, 18:45   #157
BHPian

Venue leaves home !

I have sold my Hyundai Venue DCT at 65,000kms. There was nothing wrong with the vehicle, but the hard calls of an upgrade had to be met and Venue have made way. 60k kms service was done at KVR Hyundai as usual and was a great one.

The car has been working day in day out and I believe 65k kms in 3 years without breaking a sweat has to be great engineering. Though it had its flaws, the DCT and the turbo engine in itself did the job wonderfully well. The bluelink subscription was supposed to be done on 3rd year, however Hyundai had extended the same to Dec 31, 2023 without any charge. I think this was the same for all users who had their Bluelink subscription ending this year. Most got free extension till year end. Either way, it was a hard good bye to the Venue, but I am sure it will be in good hands.

One last pic!
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-ve.jpg
Xaos636 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 22:47   #158
BHPian

Re: Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!

Quote:
Venue leaves home !
All good things come to an end, they say. What an ownership it was Ivin! It was a pleasure to read your posts , especially the subtle mods that you used to do.

Will miss reading about your Venue. It's value proposition was hard to beat, especially pre-covid; as now it has gotten pretty expensive!

Also, can't wait to read on your latest addition. I'm sure it's gone be even more interesting!
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 14:35   #159
BHPian

Re: Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!

Quote:
LED Headlight upgrade + 40,000KMS service update.

The headlights were poor from day 1 and an upgrade was long in the pipeline. It either turned terrible these days or I am loosing my eyesight, either way, plug and play LED's were my priority and got them changed and the difference is night and day now. I am unsure if they would be performing good in foggy or rainy conditions and I shall update the same in due course. The headlight already being a projector setup might offer a helping hand to the LED used.

Dim after LED Setup. Not the best of examples, but you get the idea.
Attachment 2379446

Bright after LED Setup
Attachment 2379447

The color difference of LED and Stock halogens.
Attachment 2379443

A closer look
Attachment 2379444
Hi what lumens are these LED bulbs? 4300k or 6000k? How has been the performance? Where do you get these? Am looking for a change as well.
Old 2nd August 2023, 14:40   #160
BHPian

Folks - What engine oil are the service centers using for your 1.0 Turbo Venue? Per my last service, the SA filled in 0W20 SN engine oil, while the recommended is ACEA C2 0W30. I don't think the correct engine oil is being used by the service centers.
Old 26th August 2023, 16:22   #161
BHPian

WOW! What a review! Great detailed review and ownership.

We have the exact same spec as yours, except ours was in Stardust colour, and the fact you drove 65k in pandemic times is mindboggling. Since Nov 2019, we have been able to do only 21k.

To be honest, I dont like the facelift wheels.

Also I liked how you put in the time and effort to add a rear windscreen wiper.

I request you post a review of your new car as well, eagerly waiting for it!
Old 11th September 2023, 19:43   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Hi what lumens are these LED bulbs? 4300k or 6000k? How has been the performance? Where do you get these? Am looking for a change as well.
Sorry for the late reply. These are 6000k. During normal nights, these are absolutely brilliant. However in rain its a different story. It isn't as bad as stock though, but I suppose LED's would be like that in rainy conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Folks - What engine oil are the service centers using for your 1.0 Turbo Venue? Per my last service, the SA filled in 0W20 SN engine oil, while the recommended is ACEA C2 0W30. I don't think the correct engine oil is being used by the service centers.
0W30 is recommended. I made sure my SVC has used the same grade as mostly I sit with the car throughout the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav07 View Post
WOW! What a review! Great detailed review and ownership.

We have the exact same spec as yours, except ours was in Stardust colour, and the fact you drove 65k in pandemic times is mindboggling. Since Nov 2019, we have been able to do only 21k.
Thank you. Work and family commitments couple with Covid meant I use really less public transport during this period which made the odo climb like never before in any of my previous cars.

Quote:
To be honest, I dont like the facelift wheels.
Well as we speak, I too wont say that was the right change. Everytime I saw the first gen Venue, I think I should not have swapped.

Quote:
Also I liked how you put in the time and effort to add a rear windscreen wiper.
I had a lot to go through to do this honestly. Getting spares though was difficult, fitting the wiring was another story, though done well finally.

Quote:
I request you post a review of your new car as well, eagerly waiting for it!
Really want to do it. So far completed 5k kms in a month. I am really out of time to do this. But will surely try to pen it
Xaos636 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 22:57   #163
BHPian

Its fine if you are not able to find time to write a review, could you at least tell the forum what replaced your Venue?
Old 12th September 2023, 10:34   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Its fine if you are not able to find time to write a review, could you at least tell the forum what replaced your Venue?
Sure, its a VW Virtus GT plus DSG. Cant get over the Dual clutches

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img_1334.jpeg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img_0667.jpeg
Xaos636 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 11:54   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Sure, its a VW Virtus GT plus DSG. Cant get over the Dual clutches

Attachment 2502343

Attachment 2502344
Just as I expected! Though I missed to mention this in the Virtus thread, I was sure that those images were the last we would see with the chrome.

Glad you got rid of the chrome from the entire car. VW has just gone overboard with it, don't know why? I presume you got em painted, as I can see even the badging has been de-chromed.

Needless to say, your car looks even hotter now!
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks