Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2022, 13:51   #106
BHPian

re: Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
I had already taken a test drive of the DCT and AT earlier but one week after another. But from your advice I decided to do the test drives back-to-back and called my friend from KIA to arrange for the same.

Kindly post your thoughts on this
As far as I have driven both, the diesel AT is indeed slightly quicker than 1.0DCT. I don't think its down to the gearbox, its actually down to the extra torque that the diesel engine has. Since it uses the same VGT setup as the Seltos, it will be super quick for sure. The DCT will be a faster shifting gearbox yes, but the sheer torque numbers here helps the Diesel AT.

You should get used to the Manual mode/paddle shifters more and you can get at least a second out of the car. The 1-100 numbers you posted should be in kickdown mode I assume. One more thing with the DCT is, sudden flooring takes a second for the DCT to go to the right gear, but try gradual acceleration(slow flooring instead of a quick one) and the car picks up real quick. Not sure if that the case in the diesel AT too. If I were you, I would pick the diesel AT for the extra torque and extra mileage, but if the waiting period is over the roof, the 1.0DCT it is.
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 16:13   #107
BANNED

re: Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
If I were you, I would pick the diesel AT for the extra torque and extra mileage, but if the waiting period is over the roof, the 1.0DCT it is.
Actually the waiting period for 1.5L Diesel AT is much less than the 1.0 Turbo Petrol DCT, The exexexutives at KIA told me they can get me the 1.5L Diesel AT by the first week of September where as it could take much more time to get the DCT.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 17:51   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Actually the waiting period for 1.5L Diesel AT is much less than the 1.0 Turbo Petrol DCT, The exexexutives at KIA told me they can get me the 1.5L Diesel AT by the first week of September where as it could take much more time to get the DCT.
Oh that's great then. Go ahead with it and post the pics and an ownership review
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 18:07   #109
BANNED

Sure, as there are hardly any ownership reviews of the KIA Sonet Diesel AT on the forum, I will post a detailed one as soon as I get my hands on the car.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 20:19   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Sure, as there are hardly any ownership reviews of the KIA Sonet Diesel AT on the forum, I will post a detailed one as soon as I get my hands on the car.
Go for the Sonet D AT eyes closed! I got one a few days ago and will be going in for the 1st service tomorrow. I can wholeheartedly reccommend this to anyone looking for an automatic SC-SUV.
I too had driven the Korean siblings in the DCT guise and even though my monthly running will barely cross 1k kms, I still chose the D AT; reason = the awesome 1.5 L VGT & TC combo!

Take and extensive TD drive, try various drive modes & I’m sure you come back impressed.

I would also suggest to take a look at the various initial reviews of the D AT owners; majority of them are only positives.

And your SE is right, the probability of getting the D AT is higher than DCT. I got mine in 4 months.

All the best!
ashvek3141 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 20:56   #111
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Go for the Sonet D AT eyes closed!
And your SE is right, the probability of getting the D AT is higher than DCT. I got mine in 4 months.

All the best!
Thanks for the valuable insights, I had originally considered going for the KIA Seltos HTX Diesel AT but considering that my family is a small one with just 4 members including me and the tallest member being just 165cm tall. Moreover as the Sonet is compact is good in traffic and for parking in tight spots. The need to spend an extra 5.6 lakhs on the Seltos made me go for the Sonet.

I think I made a good choice.

Last edited by itsmeparvathy9 : 20th July 2022 at 20:57. Reason: Fixed typos
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 11:37   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Go for the Sonet D AT eyes closed! monthly running will barely cross 1k kms, I still chose the D AT; reason = the awesome 1.5 L VGT & TC combo!

All the best!
Yes the VGT and TC is a very good combo. Congrats on your machine man. What is the FE you get in city vs highway ? Also I guess its just Hyundai/KIA that is not plagued with the diesel DPF issues so far.
Old 21st July 2022, 13:14   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the VGT and TC is a very good combo. Congrats on your machine man. What is the FE you get in city vs highway ? Also I guess its just Hyundai/KIA that is not plagued with the diesel DPF issues so far.
Thanks a lot bud! Finally took the plunge after almost a year!

With regards to the average, in city the MID shows approx 13-14 kmpl, whereas on the highways it even touches 22 kmpl. Combined cycle is averaging at 17 kmpl on the MID. However, by tank-to-tank method it comes to around 15 kmpl in combined cycle.

Below are the conditions for the above mileage figures,
- Auto AC set between 24-25 C, always ON.
- Driven with light foot and speeds not exceeding 80-85 kmph
- Tyre pressure set between 33-34 psi
- Combined cycle conditions = City:Highway 50:50

Thankfully, I haven’t heard too many complaints on DPF with these cars and I hope it remains that way.

As I type this, got my first service done too. Bascially a general check up.

Car is now nearly at 1000 kms; post that I shall trying pushing it a bit as the kms progress. This car is super FUN!
ashvek3141 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 09:02   #114
BHPian

Quote:

With regards to the average, in city the MID shows approx 13-14 kmpl, whereas on the highways it even touches 22 kmpl. Combined cycle is averaging at 17 kmpl on the MID. However, by tank-to-tank method it comes to around 15 kmpl in combined cycle.

- Combined cycle conditions = City:Highway 50:50
I was expecting the efficiency to be around the 17kpl in the city with the thought that they are more fuel efficient than petrol's. However this look neck and neck with the turbo petrol DCT figures. Any idea whats the mileage of VGT manual in the Seltos? Also the non VGT manual of the Sonet/Venue ?
Old 25th July 2022, 12:41   #115
BHPian

Quote:
I was expecting the efficiency to be around the 17kpl in the city with the thought that they are more fuel efficient than petrol's. However this look neck and neck with the turbo petrol DCT figures. Any idea whats the mileage of VGT manual in the Seltos? Also the non VGT manual of the Sonet/Venue ?
I doubt 17 kmpl will be possible in city even with AC off. For sure Sonet is very sensitive to the AC usage. With regards to the non-VGT SONET, I think they return around 14-15 kmpl in the city. This is what people have posted on the WA / Telegram Sonet groups. No idea about the Seltos though.

I think the mileage may improve with some running (the owner’s manual mentions this too). I have just done 2 full tanks since the purchase on 1st July. The current odo stands at 1300 kms.

Below is the log from fuelio.

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-488936fee45246e49b3a13e78a48cbf6.png
Old 26th July 2022, 18:34   #116
BHPian

Quote:
I think the mileage may improve with some running (the owner’s manual mentions this too). I have just done 2 full tanks since the purchase on 1st July. The current odo stands at 1300 kms.
Thanks for updating. Yes the mileage should improve as you clock a few thousand kilometers. I always had this thought it my mind that diesels give ultra high efficiency figures compared to its equivalent petrol counterpart
Old 20th September 2022, 09:49   #117
BHPian

Xaos636 - This is an outstanding ownership report and thank you for regularly keeping it upto date. It looks like Kia/ Hyundai' DCT is better than VW/ Skoda's DSG from a reliability point of view.
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 14:46   #118
BHPian

35,000kms completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Xaos636 - This is an outstanding ownership report and thank you for regularly keeping it upto date. It looks like Kia/ Hyundai' DCT is better than VW/ Skoda's DSG from a reliability point of view.
Thank you

Update : 35,000kms completed.

Venue has completed 35,000 kms in flying colors. There is nothing to tell apart from last update. I haven't replaced the CEAT tires yet, as its not yet reached the 'replace tire' mark on the thread. I am now in double minds if I should spend 10+k on Michelin's or continue with CEAT for half of that price which has been decent and considering what the car will be used for, I am not sure if the Michelins would be put to task. I was thinking of the MRF Perfinza as well, but a talk with a local known MRF dealer says they have been having a lot of bulge issues in 2022 models and I am in double minds now.
Anyway it looks like the CEAT's might easily do 40k mark by the looks of it. Have seen owners doing 60k+ kms on these tyres, but I am not risking it. Wet grip is poor in corners as things stand, so I am driving the car very carefully under rainy conditions and I feel the braking distance has also increased a bit owing to deteriorating grip. Will update here in due course.

Regular Wheel Alignment and balancing from Madhu's.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img2171original.jpg

This will be the most useful mod I ever did on any of my automobile's. The addition of a rear wiper does wonders in rainy season.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img3390original.jpg

The TPMS has been useful. I wish if I could upgrade to the Highline TPMS from the current Venue, but dealers are clueless. Anyway, something is better than nothing.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img3475original.jpg

And when it touched the 35k mark
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img3537.jpg
Xaos636 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 20:44   #119
BHPian

Re: 35,000kms completed

Quote:
I am now in double minds if I should spend 10+k on Michelin's or continue with CEAT for half of that price which has been decent and considering what the car will be used for, I am not sure if the Michelins would be put to task.
Maybe you should have a look at the Continental UC6. These are soft compound are probably pretty close to the Michelins. I have used these on my Swift and the difference was immediately felt in terms of ride comfort, braking, noise levels & cornering. I had the MRF ZVTS before geeting the Continentals.

Your 2nd preference can be the Yokohama Bluearth AE-51. These are decent too and in the similar range as the Conti’s.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 21:24   #120
BHPian

Re: 35,000kms completed

Quote:
Thank you

Update : 35,000kms completed.

Venue has completed 35,000 kms in flying colors.
Venue rides on 15/16 inch tires. i think they can safely run ~60K kms. Unless you are running on bad roads. If the tires still have a significant tread, i think you can continue using them. These Ceat's are designed for fuel efficiency and thats the reason for lack of grip.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks