Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2022, 13:36   #121
BHPian

Re: 35,000kms completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Maybe you should have a look at the Continental UC6.
Your 2nd preference can be the Yokohama Bluearth AE-51. These are decent too and in the similar range as the Conti’s.
Perfinza(7.7k), Conti(8.8k), Yokohama Bluearth(8.8k) and Ceat(5.8k) are on the list. Will change it soon. Are these prices correct ? Ceat looks like a steal deal compared to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
Venue rides on 15/16 inch tires. i think they can safely run ~60K kms. Unless you are running on bad roads. If the tires still have a significant tread, i think you can continue using them. These Ceat's are designed for fuel efficiency and that's the reason for lack of grip.
The grips have touched the tread wear indicator on 2 of the tires and the other 2 looks good to go for another 5k kms(Despite rotating and balancing it every 5000kms). See the image below.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4151.jpg

The cabin filter was getting dirty. This is the first time it got this bad in 5000kms so I bought one from the dealer and replaced it myself. Bought one extra as backup too.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4129.jpg

Old and new
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4132.jpg
Xaos636 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 13:40   #122
BHPian

re: Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!

After taking much more considerations and opinions from other Bhpian's and friends, I decided to chuck the Ceat's and went all out for the Continental UC6 in stock size, 215/60/16.

I had a good offer for Continental CC6, but a call to the official dealer said that these are not officially on sale in big numbers, so any warranty claim will be a hassle as it would be difficult to source these when required and hence decided to go with the UC6.

I just ran around 50kms with the new tires and cannot comment about performance yet. I will update the same in due course

Here it is
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4233.jpg

All the tires have manufacture week/year code as 3122.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4234.jpg

Mounted
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4236.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4237.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4241.jpg

Side views. Tire looks to the naked eye like it has a bigger sidewall compared to the stock Ceat's, but in paper its the same.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4242.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4249.jpg

Last edited by Xaos636 : 30th September 2022 at 13:42.
Xaos636 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 09:16   #123
BHPian

re: Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!

Paddle shift Installation.

So one long standing thought whether the paddle shifters from the newer Venue will work on the previous edition is put to rest.
So Hyundai is no VW. The Polo GT could use the GTI's steering and paddle setup and get the paddles working without any wiring changes, however Hyundai has not included the wiring for paddles on the Venue, probably would need updates to the BCM as well.

I got a friend's newer gen donor car and attempted a swap of steering with the paddles. However, everything works fine, except the paddles. This was expected as soon as we saw two extra wires in the wiring to the steering. A few pics from the attempted swap.

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4918.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4921.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4922.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4923.jpg

The steering works absolutely fine and is a direct fit. No mods are required, and airbags also should work as expected as couplers are also the same. As much as I understood, there should be a couple of extra wires(one is possibly earth) going from the tiptronic function to the paddles and that is what my car lacked. This was hardly a 30 minutes job to do a swap test, rather than buy the whole steering with paddles along with airbag and be stuck at it. I could attempt to check the wiring of both cars and find out if it actually works, but decided against it. I don't feel its worth the effort and money involved to do the same as its not a direct fit.
If anyone wants the flat bottom steering wheel, I can confirm that it works fine, however the paddles don't work with a direct swap.
Xaos636 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 08:04   #124
BHPian

@Xaos636, Would the steering wheel of the new gen Venue/ Creta be a direct fit in the First gen(2015) Creta crdi
Old 8th November 2022, 14:22   #125
BHPian

Hi Xaos636,

I am planning to upgrade the bulbs in the projector setup of my 2021 Venue SX Plus DCT with Excelite 12V 100W , stock ones are 12V 60W. It will be a plug and Play swap.

Do you see any concern regarding excess heating , wiring failures etc ?
Old 9th November 2022, 21:31   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
@Xaos636, Would the steering wheel of the new gen Venue/ Creta be a direct fit in the First gen(2015) Creta crdi
It should fit, but the working of the steering control buttons is not guaranteed as wiring would be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
Hi Xaos636,

I am planning to upgrade the bulbs in the projector setup of my 2021 Venue SX Plus DCT with Excelite 12V 100W , stock ones are 12V 60W. It will be a plug and Play swap.

Do you see any concern regarding excess heating , wiring failures etc ?
The issue this will cause is the melting of the headlight bulb socket and this is a common issue with bulb upgrade in most cars. Upgrading to Ceramic headlight bulb socket could help, but might involve cutting of wires.
Why don't you give a shot at plug and play LED's ?
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 00:34   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Xaos636,

I am planning to upgrade the bulbs in the projector setup of my 2021 Venue SX Plus DCT with Excelite 12V 100W , stock ones are 12V 60W.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post

The issue this will cause is the melting of the headlight bulb socket and this is a common issue with bulb upgrade in most cars.
I would recommend plonking in a good quality relay kit if you're keen on upgrading the lamps. As mentioned by Xaos636 about the wires socket melting, it definitely will and it will strain the Stock wiring harness hence an additional relay comes as a solution for this problem.

Regards
Ashton Castelino
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 20:20   #128
BHPian

LED Headlight upgrade + 40,000KMS service update.

Finally hit the 40,000 mark in just over 2 years and nothing real to complain till now. Service was as smooth as it can get at KVR Hyundai, Calicut where the service manager Mr. Sreekanth has been very corporative till date and his peers are equally accommodating as well. Job well done in half a day, and they expect a front brake pad replacement at the next service at 50k kms, I am wondering if I should change the rear brake shoes too at the same time.

The headlights were poor from day 1 and an upgrade was long in the pipeline. It either turned terrible these days or I am loosing my eyesight, either way, plug and play LED's were my priority and got them changed and the difference is night and day now. I am unsure if they would be performing good in foggy or rainy conditions and I shall update the same in due course. The headlight already being a projector setup might offer a helping hand to the LED used.

The 40,000 mark
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4936.jpg

The service bill. Costed me just under 6k.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4987.jpg

Dim after LED Setup. Not the best of examples, but you get the idea.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4985.jpg

Bright after LED Setup
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4986.jpg

The color difference of LED and Stock halogens.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4924.jpg

A closer look
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4925.jpg

Straight to Madhus for Road force Balancing and Alignment.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img5122.jpg

A parting shot
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img4560.jpg
Xaos636 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 20:37   #129
BHPian

Hi Xaos636,

Can you please share more on LED upgrade?
Make and model and also steps involved in installing these new LEDs.
Old 14th November 2022, 21:36   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Xaos636,

Can you please share more on LED upgrade?
Make and model and also steps involved in installing these new LEDs.
I got these at a friends shop in hometown as he recommended these. Comes with 24 months warranty. There is not much steps involved in fitting at all, remove the headlight bulb cover/cap, remove the headlight bulb, fix this in, close the headlight cover and that is about it. Plug and play. I had used Maxxlink LED on CBR650F just before selling it and had a really good experience. So I was familiar with the brand and did not had to think twice.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-maxx.jpg
Xaos636 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 16:01   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Paddle shift Installation.

So one long standing thought whether the paddle shifters from the newer Venue will work on the previous edition is put to rest.
So Hyundai is no VW. The Polo GT could use the GTI's steering and paddle setup and get the paddles working without any wiring changes, however Hyundai has not included the wiring for paddles on the Venue, probably would need updates to the BCM as well.

I got a friend's newer gen donor car and attempted a swap of steering with the paddles. However, everything works fine, except the paddles. This was expected as soon as we saw two extra wires in the wiring to the steering. A few pics from the attempted swap.

Attachment 2374308

Attachment 2374309

Attachment 2374310

Attachment 2374311

The steering works absolutely fine and is a direct fit. No mods are required, and airbags also should work as expected as couplers are also the same. As much as I understood, there should be a couple of extra wires(one is possibly earth) going from the tiptronic function to the paddles and that is what my car lacked. This was hardly a 30 minutes job to do a swap test, rather than buy the whole steering with paddles along with airbag and be stuck at it. I could attempt to check the wiring of both cars and find out if it actually works, but decided against it. I don't feel its worth the effort and money involved to do the same as its not a direct fit.
If anyone wants the flat bottom steering wheel, I can confirm that it works fine, however the paddles don't work with a direct swap.

Hey, that's a good start to attempt installing paddle shifters. However, you need to configure in Gscan(Hyundai's equivalent for Ford's forscan) and I'm not 100% sure on how to use gscan to unlock mods in Hyundai Kia. I hope this helps and good luck in activating paddle shifters.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 17:32   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Hey, that's a good start to attempt installing paddle shifters. However, you need to configure in Gscan(Hyundai's equivalent for Ford's forscan) and I'm not 100% sure on how to use gscan to unlock mods in Hyundai Kia. I hope this helps and good luck in activating paddle shifters.
Hei Jithin, thank you for updating me on the same. I couldn't find anyone doing it in India however, will keep my checks open
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 19:32   #133
BHPian

Quote:
There is not much steps involved in fitting at all, remove the headlight bulb cover/cap, remove the headlight bulb, fix this in, close the headlight cover and that is about it. Plug and play. I had used Maxxlink LED on CBR650F just before selling it and had a really good experience. So I was familiar with the brand and did not had to think twice.
Attachment 2379506
So these came with canbus , correct?
If yes , it just stays hanging out of the headlight cap ?
Old 20th November 2022, 09:40   #134
BHPian

Quote:
So these came with canbus , correct?
If yes , it just stays hanging out of the headlight cap ?
That is correct, however everything fits inside. You dont need to make any modifications to the headlight cap. There is enough space to accomomdate the longer LED bulb and the canbus inside the stock headlight cover.
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 02:11   #135
BHPian

Been a bit off with the O2 sensor recently. That is the third time the engine malfunction light has come on with the same error code, which read an O2 sensor failure. This comes back only after clearing the error code with the OBD tool and driving the car for another 3000-5000kms. The car doesn't go to limp mode or no other issues with the car is noticed.

When checking the history, we can see that the O2 sensor fails for a mere second and comes back ON like nothing happened. However this second triggers the engine malfunction light and it has to cleared from Hyundai for the warning light to go away. Might need a detailed check on some things I guess. Maybe just a faulty sensor?

Last time I took it to Advaith Hyundai, Indiranagar. Experience was good, however they could not come to a conclusion on why the error came !

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img5493.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img5495.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img5497.jpg

Last edited by Xaos636 : 14th December 2022 at 02:14.
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks