Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2020, 17:55   #46
MSC
BHPian

re: Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
They would be 6 inch or 7 inch as 12 or 13 would be too big for a speaker inside the door.
Apologies. Actually we were already in a discussion regarding some topic and the during the mix-up I wrote it as 12 inches. I forgot that 12 inches will be a foot in diameter.
By the time I realised my mistake, the edit window had closed.

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd August 2020 at 21:39. Reason: Quote fixed.
MSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 10:57   #47
BHPian

re: Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!

An update on the rattling sound on the left side of the car. This was heard on poor roads only and the sound was very minute that it would irritate only a petrol head and a normal joe would let it go or wont even notice.

This was told by the service centre that it was a rattle from the B pillar, but they couldn’t identify from where exactly in the B pillar. This made me remove the B pillar cover and checked and damped all possible wires and seat belt bolt to stop the sound. Funnily enough, the sound still existed and I was now sure it maynot be actually from the B pillar, but from the front door.

This is when I noticed that the service center has put a tape across all the door locks but forgot the left front door. This was when I tried this.
I put a cloth there and tried through some bad patches of various roads and there it was. The sound had vanished. For this little thing, the Apco Service in Calicut was adamant that it was coming from B pillar and made me damp the pillar itself while the actual sound was from the front door lock.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-7a1a3a5d8502434a9cc2de837c81ded2.jpeg

Went to a medical shop and got this straight away and the sound have vanished forever. I would suggest the fellow owners to try this as most manufacturers do this to reduce rattles. I have heard from friends that Ford changes this tape on every 10k service to keep the sound in check. That is a good action as the tape might deteriorate in time after consistent usage of doors and add weather conditions to it.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-cb22ce49349b4b12aa0f59a837dea15e.jpeg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-c6900985208e4b2b9a075bc0363949de.jpeg

In the meantime, the car completed 3000kms in flying colours. Though Hyundai recommends wheel balancing and alignment at 10k intervals, I plan to do a road force balancing from Madhus once I come to Bangalore. The Ceat tyres has been excellent(I am surprised when I say this), less road noice and excellent characteristic has made the car a better handler. The stiffer suspension has aided much to the handling of the car I believe, and the tyres when I keep it at 32psi absorbs the undulations and potholes pretty decently. Anything less than 30 makes it even more plush, but the tyre pressure monitoring system throws a warning that the pressure is low.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-85cc99a1f6a84eaab3cdf0c1d01e9b5a.jpeg

The meter shows an average fuel economy of 13.6kpl in city driving conditions.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-1363dd594b0d4da7895c6b135b19858c.jpeg

Slowly learning and exploring the DCT character still, in the D mode the shifts are lazy, it shifts as if I am in mileage mode, but the manual mode is all where the fun is and it completely makes it a really good experience. I like how the DCT is super quick to even drop 3 gears in an instant when you floor it in an overtaking manoeuvre.

I have been in city traffic for hours together, but never got the overheated clutch warning yet. And yes, I shift to neutral whenever the traffic comes to standstill, but cant really help when it is slow moving. I expected the overheat warning to come up once when I stood for 1.5 hrs in slow moving(i.e under 10kph) traffic, but it never showed up. And one person in the Facebook owners group has completed 55k kms on the DCT variant without any issues which gives a peace of mind for other owners too, including me. I am guessing Hyundai has done the homework on the DCT.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-1ac0c4094d2e4474bdb17f807c95012a.jpeg

I have been in contact with 3 different service managers of Hyundai showrooms here in Calicut(Apco, KVR, Popular) to know if the paddles shifters in the new model are a direct swap, but none of them seems to have a clue about it. Apco manager blatantly said its not possible at all, and when I said it was swappable in a VW GT TSI, he was surprised to hear that and that’s where I understood tht they are not eager to do any kind of checks if the paddle shifters are actually swappable. The KVR manager though responded very positively that it could be actually possible and he would contact Hyundai themselves to see if he can get anything out of it. But since then it has been more than a month and even after follow-ups, there is not proper response regarding the same.

The emails to Hyundai again have gone deaf and they dont respond nor suggest anything other than their bot’s acknowledgment email. Now I realise how easy things were with Maruti Suzuki. 3-4 days after I send them an email, I got a complete solution from the right person who knew the right things. Hyundai doesn’t seem really interested in any of those. Again, this is the last of my priority, but still wanted to know if its possible or not. I guess I will never know until someone close gets a new car with paddle shifters and I do the swap myself as I dont see much help coming from Hyundai in this case.
Xaos636 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 14:07   #48
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest the fellow owners to try this as most manufacturers do this to reduce rattles. I have heard from friends that Ford changes this tape on every 10k service to keep the sound in check. That is a good action as the tape might deteriorate in time after consistent usage of doors and add weather conditions to it.
This got me thinking since I don't seem to recall anything like this being ever used in our 16 Ecosport, the doors don't rattle as well (72k km done). I checked the door locks in our Ecosport, while I didn't find any tape, I found something else. It seems Ford has put a rubber stopper kind of thing over the door lock, so that the door doesn't move around & rattle.

Here's a photo of the rubber stopper:

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-ecosport-door-hinge.jpg

P.S- Will try out the tape method in my 06 Swift, the door rattles very badly here. Maybe it will help to reduce the rattles a bit.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 30th September 2020 at 14:10.
chiranjitp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 15:49   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
This got me thinking since I don't seem to recall anything like this being ever used in our 16 Ecosport, the doors don't rattle as well (72k km done). I checked the door locks in our Ecosport, while I didn't find any tape, I found something else. It seems Ford has put a rubber stopper kind of thing over the door lock, so that the door doesn't move around & rattle.
That looks like a proper rubber, made specifically for it by the looks of its cuts and design. The below image is from a friends 2018 Ecosport S where they attached the tape, works though.

You can try on the swift, it could help to an extent. In my case, only the front passenger door made a noise, and funnily enough other Venue owners dont have this noise.
Attached Thumbnails
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-4f87bb00c549444a94aedb9be7162ddc.jpeg  

Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 16:02   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can try on the swift, it could help to an extent. In my case, only the front passenger door made a noise, and funnily enough other Venue owners dont have this noise.
This was common in the first gen Creta but this was a faint noise from the boot. I applied the tape on the boot lock and it's all good.

EDIT: - Yes, a lot can be solved by DIY. Guess I was the first to report the rear parcel tray rattle issue which is still seen in the Seltos. A simple jugaad solved that. The double side tape along with the cloth liner that I stuck 5 years back is still staying strong
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post3845643 (It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O))

Last edited by naveen.raju : 30th September 2020 at 16:11.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 16:04   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This was common in the first gen Creta but this was a faint noise from the boot. I applied the tape on the boot lock and it's all good.
Thats great to know the issue was solved with a tape and even better to know that a tape can solve these and we dont have to run behind the service center for these issues
Old 30th September 2020, 16:13   #52
BHPian

Quote:
That looks like a proper rubber, made specifically for it by the looks of its cuts and design. The below image is from a friends 2018 Ecosport S where they attached the tape, works though.
Sorry if I wasn't clear in my previous post, the rubber thing in my car wasn't put by the service center guys, it came from the factory itself. Looking at the photo of your friend's 2018 Ecosport, it seems Ford has removed it from the newer models . Must be a cheap cost cutting measure. Ours is the pre-facelift model, 2016 make (Titanium + TDCi).
Quote:
Yup, will give it a try in my Swift. A good friend of mine has a 1 year old Venue 1.2S (10k km done), no noise from any of the doors (yet). Though the door pads do rattle a bit if one turns up the volume.
Old 30th September 2020, 16:18   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry if I wasn't clear in my previous post, the rubber thing in my car wasn't put by the service center guys, it came from the factory itself. Looking at the photo of your friend's 2018 Ecosport, it seems Ford has removed it from the newer models . Must be a cheap cost cutting measure. Ours is the pre-facelift model, 2016 make (Titanium + TDCi).
Oh I missed that. Its exactly what you said then, its a cost cutting exercise for the facelift.

Quote:
Yup, will give it a try in my Swift. A good friend of mine has a 1 year old Venue 1.2S (10k km done), no noise from any of the doors (yet). Though the door pads do rattle a bit if one turns up the volume.
That is good to hear. For the door pad vibrating noise, I think its because of proper homework not done by Hyundai. Door damping works, but still the car needs better speakers, especially rear ones which are not up to the mark.
Old 16th October 2020, 17:58   #54
BHPian

4000Kms Update

Finally done a long trip with the car. The delays were of course thanks to state borders being sealed due to Covid-19. I had to get my company laptop repaired from office and hence there were no other ways other than to make a quick Bangalore trip with @krishnaprasadgg and boy it was fun enough. A total of 870kms completed in less than 24 hours and the DCT got its first taste of the infamous Bangalore traffic and it passed through it without breaking a sweat. The car is exceptionally stable at high speeds and thanks to the door damping's, the NVH levels have improved and is very evident on highway cruising speeds. The car returned an overall mileage of 17.5kmpl with around 80% highway drive and 20% in traffic.

Inside the Muthanga Wild Life sanctuary after a long time. There are no checks here while entering Karnataka as they do not have any quarantine rules now.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img6343.jpg

The energy which kept us going as we did not sleep for over 24hours. The Kerala officials explained that there is no quarantine if the return was in less than 24hours. So we made it a priority to return within 24 hours and the officials passed us trough without any quarantine.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img6355.jpg

The first taste of Bangalore traffic for the Venue. It was hectic as pre-covid times and the bus barriers on the outer ring road is nothing short of a disaster with them being placed even on over bridges where buses usually do not ply on.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img6345.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-snapseed.jpg

New taste for the car. First time trying Shell fuel for the Venue.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img6366.jpg

Perhaps the test mules are returning to the factory. Kia Sonet test mule spotted inside the City.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-sonet.jpg

We returned the next day morning at 2AM and reached the checkpost at 6AM exact. The traffic is comparatively less here these days and we reached Calicut by 9AM after the checkpost officials passed us through. Others were asked to wait there, till Covid checkpost opens at 7AM.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-f567beff56f145f9a04cc28845523a08.jpg

A total of 871kms covered in less than 18 hours and then we called it a day. Also completed 4000kms
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img6394.jpg

Last edited by Xaos636 : 16th October 2020 at 18:03.
Xaos636 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 13:05   #55
BHPian

Quote:
The car returned an overall mileage of 17.5kmpl with around 80% highway drive and 20% in traffic.
Nice write up Ivin!
What surprised me is the mileage of 17.5 kpl. This is unheard of for the Venue DCT.

I presume you mustn't have limited the speeds to under 80 kmph, and must have surely touched the 110 -120 mark. If that is true than, these mileage figures are really commendable for that lil 1.0L turbo & the fast shifting DCT.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 13:15   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
What surprised me is the mileage of 17.5 kpl. This is unheard of for the Venue DCT.

I presume you mustn't have limited the speeds to under 80 kmph, and must have surely touched the 110 -120 mark. If that is true than, these mileage figures are really commendable for that lil 1.0L turbo & the fast shifting DCT.
As this is my second turbo petrol car and I have seen some great fuel economy numbers on my first one if I kept a light foot and I think thats just what happened here too. 80-100 were the speeds most of the times in 7th gear without sudden accelerations and it returned a decent economy. The below video demonstrates just that, where keeping a constant speed on the highway gave this guy 22kpl , which I am not surprised because turbo petrols can give serious fuel economy in exchange of fun driving.

As that is certainly not possible for me, I think a 17kpl is still commendable and more than what I expected. Pure City driving still returns above 12kpl for me.
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 20:54   #57
BHPian

De-chroming the grill and Hyundai logo

As I was never a fan of chrome(dark chrome on the Venue) grill for any automobiles and the plan was always there to dechrome the Venue's grill. The only bits that were chrome on the otherwise chrome-less car were the grill, logos and the handles. I decided to keep the handles as it is as I have a fear of paint matching, but finally decided to dechrome the front grill to gloss black, as I have done on my previous car as well.

After asking a Hyundai showroom here about the availability of the Sport variant's black grill, their response were super poor and blamed that they would need a VIN number to order any parts for it. I got hold of a friends Venue sport's VIN number and handed over to Hyundai for ordering the part. Not only does it cost Rs.4700, they told it will take a month for the part to arrive. That is really poor of how things run in Hyundai with such a big turn around time. I really hope I don't have to wait such a long time for critical parts to arrive.

Finally after finding time as well as a reputed painter in town, I decided to go there to get things sorted. The place was recommended by a friend and turns out to be an extremely well sorted place. Place name is Eco Auto, Calicut and they have previously worked on Maruti 800's to Lamborghini's, so I was pretty sure that this would be a cake walk for them. The place was well laid out and I was happy with their overall quality and turn around time.

One mech was super quick to remove the bumper and then remove the chrome 'cross' on the grill. You can see that the 'cross' are actually removable as its attached with clips and screws.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img_6856.jpg

The Hyundai logo is riveted from factory.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img_6857.jpg

The chrome 'cross' removed.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img_6862.jpg

After reaching home without the cross giving an earlier image of how it might look with black grill. Its not as bad as I thought.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-fullsizerender.jpg

Gloss black painted grill.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img_6909.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img_6910.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img_6911.jpg

First look after attaching it to the car. The plan was to keep the Hyundai logo chrome, but later changed the idea as a few friend's suggested to darken it.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-fullsizerender1.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-fullsizerender2.jpg

Darkened the Hyundai logo here. I though a black logo would make the car look bland as the car is already in a dark color, so used a lighter wrap for the Hyundai logo, both at the front and the rear.

Front
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-fullsizerender4.jpg

Rear
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img_6982.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-fullsizerender6.jpg

Last edited by Xaos636 : 19th November 2020 at 21:12.
Xaos636 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 20:47   #58
BHPian

My Ex-car, the Baleno RS had a proper pad for the dead pedal, which meant it does not mess up the stock floor pad/mat as I am one of those very few who likes to keep it stock than install all those 2D,3D,7D mats. With the left leg always resting in my Venue DCT, it was slowly starting to mess up the floor area where my left foot would rest and I tried to get a dead pedal pad, but most available online were poorly designed and was not sure if it will go with the rest of the footwell area.

I did search a lot for the part in boodmo, in the Baleno category and just could not find it. Then came Bhpian @Leoshashi with the help. He provided me the part number(of the Ciaz one) and I ordered one from boodmo. I did a different way of installing it than how he did on his XL6, and after a few weeks now, I guess both the ways work well.

Way 1 - Use Velcro and a super strong adhesive to stick the velcro on the pad.
Way 2 - 3M double sided tape.

I went with the second way of 3M double sided tape as a trial and I thought if it gets loose, I would go with a Velcro. But so far, so good.

This is the part number along with the cost.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-2.5.jpg

Unpacked
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-1.jpg

Applied the 3M double sided tape generously
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-2.jpg

Final looks. I have a big foot and I checked where my leg rests most of the time. Applied the pad exactly there! The sticker is stronger than I thought and pulling the pad would make the whole OE floor mat to come along with it. This is one mod I would never need a change, atleast I hope so.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-3.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-4.jpg
Xaos636 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 05:02   #59
BHPian

Fellow venue DCT 2020 owner here. Have you found the need to change headlight bulbs. After multiple night time drives, feel the low beam is quite inadequate. If changed, was it to LED or better halogen lamps?
Old 5th March 2021, 15:07   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandemanw View Post
Fellow venue DCT 2020 owner here. Have you found the need to change headlight bulbs. AfIf changed, was it to LED or better halogen lamps?
Hello there. Honestly, the headlights are weak, but I am able to manage with it as I think its doing fine. Converting to LED might need a few modification to accommodate its cooling channel, hence I would suggest to try out better bulbs first to see if there are any differences.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks