Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2022, 21:05   #91
BHPian

re: Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Following up from the previous posts of a 'tak-tak' sound originating from the steering column, now its solved for good. The same issue is present on the Creta as well as the Verna and if you have the same, make sure you get it replaced under warranty. I had to go to the service center twice to get this resolved as their first replacement of EPS motor was not the right diagnosis. Earlier, Hyundai used to replaced the entire steering column under warranty, but now just the worm shaft. I also got the tail gate lifter assembly replaced under warranty as the tail gate refused to go up and usually gets stuck at half way. Speaks volumes about Hyundai's current quality control.
I had exact similar issue in my 2015 Creta P MT during steering lock-to-lock turns. As you rightly said they used to replace the entire steering column back then. It is really surprising that nearly 6.5 years and they still have this issue in the new-gen Hyundai’s.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 18:21   #92
BHPian

re: Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I had exact similar issue in my 2015 Creta P MT during steering lock-to-lock turns. As you rightly said they used to replace the entire steering column back then. It is really surprising that nearly 6.5 years and they still have this issue in the new-gen Hyundai’s.
True that. They are still having the same issues with Creta/Verna/Venue and they still replaces parts. I don't think they are doing any quality control as we speak, and I don't think they are going to do any as well. If so, the issue would have been sorted by now.
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 14:47   #93

Thanks for the useful thread man! I am searching through google like a wanderer in search of some missing treasure!
I have got my Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Sportz Diesel recently ( Awful naming by Hyundai) , and straight away I'm missing the rear wiper and washer(at least a wiper like your DIY) in our traffic ridden Bengaluru, not only in monsoon but in all 4 seasons.
Before buying this small hatch, I've been driving my dad's Honda WR-V top-end trim, which has rear wiper, I am very much addicted to this. And as you said it is a very basic safety feature which every single manufacturer is neglecting and hyping the projector setup, 360 degree camera, ventilated seated, buggy wireless charging(I worked as a Firmware developer for this protocol in my previous job and I can say that it's still not completely stable) and a fancy sunroof ( Basically that's a small window nothing useful in any ways ).

I just clocked the car's ODO for 11K Kms and 1 year, and I'm planning to go for the same kind of DIY.

But, I've a query here for you, since its been quite a sometime since your DIY. Any info about warranty lapse ? If none, I can genuinely plan for this project on my little hatch.

Cheers,
Swamy
drt_swamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 19:22   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_swamy View Post

But, I've a query here for you, since its been quite a sometime since your DIY. Any info about warranty lapse ? If none, I can genuinely plan for this project on my little hatch.

Cheers,
Swamy
To be honest, one dealer outright refused the swap saying its an electrical mod and said it will void the warranty. I found a good ASC where the service manager himself was interested to know how I did this mod and was more than willing to help me if at all any warranty cases comes, as I have not tampered any stock wirings in the process. So it all depends on the people, and more than often, many ASC have not even noticed that the rear wiper was an extra addition. They thought it came factory fitted
Xaos636 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 23:34   #95

Quote:
To be honest, one dealer outright refused the swap saying its an electrical mod and said it will void the warranty. I found a good ASC where the service manager himself was interested to know how I did this mod and was more than willing to help me if at all any warranty cases comes, as I have not tampered any stock wirings in the process. So it all depends on the people, and more than often, many ASC have not even noticed that the rear wiper was an extra addition. They thought it came factory fitted
Thanks for the info, after hearing this I'm little bit relieved actually.
Today we booked Hyundai Venue S Plus Diesel variant for my dad.
As they've kept nearly 2.5L price difference between S+ and SX trims, which comes with only following add-ons:
1. Diamond-cut alloys(Which I'm panning to go for buy-back offer before delivery).
2. Rear-wiper and washer()
3. Rear-split seat ( I am okay with the bench with fold mechanism as we're a family of 5 full adults, a center arm-rest based rear seat is never a comfier one for 5 )
4. Push button start(not a really exciting about it since we had used it since last 4 years and didn't find as a comfort feature)

Any suggestions to plan for add-ons on our S+ variant ?
Old 7th July 2022, 09:56   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_swamy View Post
Thanks for the info, after hearing this I'm little bit relieved actually.
Today we booked Hyundai Venue S Plus Diesel variant for my dad.
As they've kept nearly 2.5L price difference between S+ and SX trims, which comes with only following add-ons:

Any suggestions to plan for add-ons on our S+ variant ?
Congrats on the booking.
I think apart from the mentioned list, some major additions in the SX variant is adjustable rear headrests, cooled glovebox, wireless phone charger and cruise control. I mentioned these because these are some features which I actually found useful and might help you as well. But not sure if these are worth 2.5L.
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 11:19   #97

Quote:
Congrats on the booking.
I think apart from the mentioned list, some major additions in the SX variant is adjustable rear headrests, cooled glovebox, wireless phone charger and cruise control. I mentioned these because these are some features which I actually found useful and might help you as well. But not sure if these are worth 2.5L.
Thanks brother,
Yeah me and my dad had a very long chat for that 2.5L price and value quotient , and we did not get satisfied with the value proposition that Hyundai trim levels are being placed and thought of saving those 2.5L(plus interest on the loan).
Only thing which I am gonna miss is that rear wiper and cruise control(I've used it extensively when I hit on NH highway).
Let's see, if we change our plan in a week or so, I will call them to change the variant.
drt_swamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 10:22   #98
BHPian

2 years and 30,000 kms

So I completed 2 years with the Venue DCT and the car has now clocked 30,000 kms as well. Have done the 30k service and was a very good experience at KVR Hyundai Calicut, yet again. Apart from the general service, I had asked them to overhaul the front calipers and rear drum. Used the same Fully synthetic oil as the previous services and there is nothing much to complain about the car as of now. The total service cost was just under Rs.7000. I thought the brake overhaul was included in PMS like Maruti does, but the service manager explained they are separately charged. I was fine with it as I wanted to do it atleast every 30k kms. After a conversation, the manager gave the front brake O/H free of charge even though I was fine to pay for this. Voluntarily changed the air filter and cabin filter as well(recommended by manual, but not enough dirt to replace per ASC).

Next up for a change are the tires. CEAT Securagrips were exceptional in the first 10k kms, not bad till 20k kms and then I am not liking how the tires are performing in wet and dry alike. When you push the car through corners, the tires are wandering for grip and there is a lot of road noise coming in now as well. Maybe another few 1000 kms and will try some different brand.

The 30k milestone came in the middle of a jungle.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img1599.jpg

The service bill
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-service.jpg

Some good shots from the last Bangalore run.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img0272.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img0265.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img0267.jpg

Last edited by Xaos636 : 14th July 2022 at 10:30.
Xaos636 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 11:28   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Following up from the previous posts of a 'tak-tak' sound originating from the steering column, now its solved for good. The same issue is present on the Creta as well as the Verna and if you have the same, make sure you get it replaced under warranty. I had to go to the service center twice to get this resolved as their first replacement of EPS motor was not the right diagnosis. Earlier, Hyundai used to replaced the entire steering column under warranty, but now just the worm shaft. I also got the tail gate lifter assembly replaced under warranty as the tail gate refused to go up and usually gets stuck at half way. Speaks volumes about Hyundai's current quality control.
Disappointed to note that a 2 - year old, 30,000kms run vehicle had to have a number of its parts replaced under warranty.

While we do not know the reasons for the part failures, but for sure 30,000kms is too young for the steering system to start acting up and for the tailgate balancer struts to fail.

I mean how many times in 2 years does one open and shut a tailgate? 200 times? 100 times? Maybe even less than that!
Every system or sub - system in a motor vehicle is assigned a test and validation procedure. Example: for tailgate balancer struts a typical validation procedure will be around 100,000 cycles or something like that, (this is usually defined by the component manufacturer who discusses their test procedures with the vehicle OEM and finally takes a sign-off after agreeing to a mutually acceptable figure). Now, if any of them wants to cut costs and save money, the quickest way to do it is to reduce the rigourousness of the test procedures. Halve it and - hey presto - you save a whopping amount!

Whichever way you look at it, it definitely does not speak volumes about part quality.
Reminds me of the days when products were rolled out and our "auto engineers" did not mindlessly go about cost - cutting, in order to boost their KRA and internal job promotions!
My 1st lot, 1st gen G13B Swift, (currently with a six digit odometer reading), never ever went in for a warranty replacement. Only scheduled maintainence were adhered to. Out of schedule repairs were a complete steering overhaul at 90,000kms, a clutch replacement at 84,000 kms and a set of new front wheel bearings during the time of steering overhaul at 90k kms and attending to the dents and scratches inflicted by two wheelers, rickshaws etc.

It still has stuff which nowadays people go "ga-ga" over if they find in their new "modern, digitally connected" wheels and praise the OEM to the high heaven's
It still has:
-its original under-bonnet insulation, firewall insulation, tailgate balancer struts, full wheelarch liners front and rear, the rear dampers are still the same - TOKICO's, it has a nice, fat anti-roll bar built into its rear twist beam suspension, the central locking still works, the twin horns(Denso) are just fine, the AC compressor is still the same, the seats are large and supportive, all head restraints,(front and rear), are height adjustable, its got a rear fog light alongwith two front fogs,(which are very effective and usable), and it has a fantastic slick shifting manual gearbox!

All this was for Rs 5.xxx odd lakhs way back in 2005 on road.
Makes me wonder where does the incremental Rupees 6-odd lakhs go in today's vehicle's?
Maybe to help that synthetic voiced lady, speaking in that weird accent emanating from the bowels of your car's dashboard, asking you whether she should turn on the lights in your living room?

Last edited by arjab : 14th July 2022 at 11:36.
arjab is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 10:49   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Disappointed to note that a 2 - year old, 30,000kms run vehicle had to have a number of its parts replaced under warranty.

While we do not know the reasons for the part failures, but for sure 30,000kms is too young for the steering system to start acting up and for the tailgate balancer struts to fail.

I mean how many times in 2 years does one open and shut a tailgate? 200 times? 100 times? Maybe even less than that!
Every system or sub - system in a motor vehicle is assigned a test and validation procedure. Example: for tailgate balancer struts a typical validation procedure will be around 100,000 cycles or something like that, (this is usually defined by the component manufacturer who discusses their test procedures with the vehicle OEM and finally takes a sign-off after agreeing to a mutually acceptable figure).
Its just the struts and worm shaft. Worm shaft issue is a QC issue from Hyundai, no questions asked, as Creta's, Verna's etc has the same issue.
However, the strut going dead might have something to do with me installing the damping sheets. I can see that even the new struts are now having a difficulty in opening the boot by itself. All it needs is a little push, but its not free anymore. I had a good chat with ASC service manager and he too told that they rarely replaces struts and my old struts were working fine when removed and checked, however Hyundai still approved the warranty change(based on video evidence) and I am thankful to them for that. So I guess the issue is with additional 2-3 kgs I added on the boot by installing damping sheets. Maybe I should have installed just one sheet there, which is a lesson learned if we want to look at the better side of things
Old 17th July 2022, 11:16   #101
BANNED

Quote:
2 years and 30,000 kms

So I completed 2 years with the Venue DCT and the car has now clocked 30,000 kms as well.
How is the DCT faring?. Moreover, how much mileage are you getting? Would love to know the same as I am also seriously considering either a Venue or a Sonet.

Thanks
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 11:32   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
How is the DCT faring?. Moreover, how much mileage are you getting? Would love to know the same as I am also seriously considering either a Venue or a Sonet.

Thanks
DCT has been the same way as it was since day 1. No surprises yet. Issues has been reported on actuator failures on Creta and Seltos 1.4DCT which I guess is due to the extra torque which causes the issue(Thats just my understanding, I might be wrong.)I dont think we have any issues reported on DCT's on Venue, Verna, Sonet or the i20 other than overheating in first batches of Venue back in 2019(Shifting to 'N' really helps in traffic). If at all someone was to get the overheating sign due to traffic, it should have been me, as for the last couple of months, my travel has been in peak Bangalore traffic, though I always shift to 'N' when there is no movement of vehicles. I am yet to see an overheat warning sign yet. Again, if you still get it, all you need to do is park the car for 5-10 minutes in 'N' or 'P' and continue the journey once the gearbox is cooled(This will be informed VIA the cluster)

Regarding the FE, bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic gives me 11-12kpl, 75% highways+25% city with a mix of heavy and light foot with just the driver gives me around 15.5kpl, with full load it becomes 13.5-14.5kpl.

Full highways with full load(read 4 adults and a full boot) gives me 16-17ish with a mix of light and heavy foot. With a heavy foot all the way, in highways I havent seen it dropping below the 13.5-14kpl bracket yet!

One thing I have noticed on both my turbo petrol's is that, if you drive with a light foot on highways, don't be surprised if you get more than 20kpl.

Last edited by Xaos636 : 17th July 2022 at 11:44.
Xaos636 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 11:42   #103
BANNED

Quote:
DCT has been the same way as it was since day 1. No surprises yet. Issues has been reported on actuator failures on Creta and Seltos 1.4DCT which I guess is due to the extra torque which causes the issue(Thats just my understanding, I might be wrong.)I dont think we have any issues reported on DCT's on Venue, Verna, Sonet or the i20 other than overheating in first batches of Venue back in 2019(Shifting to 'N' really helps in traffic).
Thank you so much for your reply, it means a lot because I was really contemplating whether to get the Kia Sonet Diesel AT or Petrol DCT or Hyundai Venue DCT, most around me have been telling me to avoid DCT and get the Torque Converter Diesel AT instead.
Now all I have to decide between the Korean siblings though!

Last edited by Sheel : 17th July 2022 at 16:38. Reason: Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thank
Old 17th July 2022, 13:26   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
Thank you so much for your reply, it means a lot because I was really contemplating whether to get the Kia Sonet Diesel AT or Petrol DCT or Hyundai Venue DCT, most around me have been telling me to avoid DCT and get the Torque Converter Diesel AT instead.
Now all I have to decide between the Korean siblings though!
No worries. The diesel AT would be the pick of the lot if budget isn't a constraint and hoping that Hyundai/KIA cars doesn't have much DPF issues for their diesel variants compared to other players. It should be slightly faster than the 1.0 DCT too. I would suggest you to take back to back test drives of both D-AT and P-DCT and decide. Do let me know your choice Happy buying.
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 07:39   #105
BANNED

Quote:
No worries. The diesel AT would be the pick of the lot if budget isn't a constraint and hoping that Hyundai/KIA cars doesn't have much DPF issues for their diesel variants compared to other players. It should be slightly faster than the 1.0 DCT too. I would suggest you to take back to back test drives of both D-AT and P-DCT and decide. Do let me know your choice Happy buying.
I had already taken a test drive of the DCT and AT earlier but one week after another. But from your advice I decided to do the test drives back-to-back and called my friend from KIA to arrange for the same.

I got the Test Drives done yesterday, and I really have to say in isolation, the diesel is super smooth and refined. You hardly know it is a diesel when you are i the cabin. It has much better pull and overtakes felt much easier on the Diesel AT than the Petrol DCT but I am not sure if it was just me, but the Diesel AT felt quicker than the Petrol DCT as well, although the KIA representative who came for the test drive vouched that the DCT is a faster gearbox than the TC and showed me KIA's 0-100 figures of the Sonet with DCT taking 11.3 seconds as compared to AT taking 11.8 seconds.

Kindly post your thoughts on this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks