Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2020, 17:57   #91
BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Guys, did a mod about which I am super happy and proud at the same time. The best part: No one in his/her senses would endorse this idea. But I had a theory and a belief, took a bit of risk and it all paid well. I'm feeling great because a company like MSIL with crores of resources, which is famous for sharing parts, didn't implement this. Well, MSIL can keep sharing the PW console, I'll think of something more useful!

Regards,
Shashi
Simply put brilliant! After getting delivery of my car we will be travelling 2000 km all the way to my home town within a week, this is such a life savior mod from you! Can't thank you enough. Sorry but where do the floor covers go? I could not figure out in the pictures! Are those a direct fit as well, can I skip it or you recommend them?

Thanks again Sashi, this indeed a huge help!
MadTiger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 22:13   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
One suggestion, you can use a plastic strip with matching holes so that it will hold the cover and also slide above the front portion of the car, which is otherwise few millimetres ahead. Big washers will hold the cover but won't cover the gap.
Yes, I have found a part which will not only cover the front, but will also act as a small air dam. Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_vaz View Post
The HU creaking sound is present in our Ertiga as well, seems like a stressed out plastic lock or a tolerance issue in the fitting, do post a fix once you are done with it.
I have already fixed it in my XL6. However I forgot to take pics. I'll open the garnish on a friend's car to fix, will click lots of pics then. The HU is stable, its the piano black garnish clips which make the creaking sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
Simply put brilliant! After getting delivery of my car we will be travelling 2000 km all the way to my home town within a week, this is such a life savior mod from you! Can't thank you enough. Sorry but where do the floor covers go? I could not figure out in the pictures! Are those a direct fit as well, can I skip it or you recommend them?

Thanks again Sashi, this indeed a huge help!
As I have mentioned, the floor covers were not possible to install directly in XL6, so I returned them. Only Swift and Dzire owners can install them directly.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 10:07   #93
BHPian

And it continues... Thank you for sharing.

I am going to try doing this in Jodhpur. Not very sure of the mechanics here as it’s a new city for me.
lionell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 10:52   #94
Senior - BHPian

Man oh man, this is one heck of a review. What a detailed post, have to give a 5 star sir! You nailed it in all aspects. Some really new and interesting points. Wish you miles of happy driving.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 11:43   #95

Hi Leoshashi , Congratulations on your new acquisition and a great ownership review .

I bought my Ertiga just before the lockdown in March and is the 1.5 Diesel variant. I am really interested in getting the engine guard installed on my Ertiga as well.

My only concern would be if the hardware would fit without too much of jugaad as I am not entirely sure if the subframe of the petrol Ertiga/XL6 matches to that of the 1.5 Diesel Ertiga.

Regards
Tps
Tpsdhiraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 12:34   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I have found a part which will not only cover the front, but will also act as a small air dam. Stay tuned!

Regards,
Shashi
This gets interesting with each passing day. I will hold on to your update and order all parts together. Hope I will be able to fix everything before Sept 18th, our journey start day

Last edited by MadTiger : 31st August 2020 at 12:35. Reason: Additional comment
MadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 13:35   #97
BHPian

Bonkers review, You sir have outdone yourself! Hope GG is proud.
How I wish you had an Ignis, would have pestered you oh so much. Eagerly awaiting for the damping.
Quote:
Swapping Number plate lamp's halogens for Osram LEDs:
Could not find this on Amazon, can you give me a link? or locally sourced? Also about the interior lights too..
arindam.dino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 14:07   #98
Senior - BHPian

And the DIYs begin! Glad to see you're already finding new and quirky ideas for your XL6 which no one else could. Hope to keep seeing more of this as the years go by.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 14:16   #99
GTB
BHPian

Quote:
Engine Guard:
Congratulations on your new ride and thank you for this info . I would like to try this for S-Cross, hope it works.
GTB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 14:39   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam.dino View Post
Could not find this on Amazon, can you give me a link? or locally sourced? Also about the interior lights too..
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00I798TKO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_q3ltFbEXC9M7R

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
Congratulations on your new ride and thank you for this info . I would like to try this for S-Cross, hope it works.
I believe the platform is completely different; but give it a try if you can exchange later if it does not fit.
MadTiger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 15:39   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Took a long time to read through the thread and it's already starting to become an encyclopedia for Ertiga/XL6 owners. Wonderful compilation of information. Have a great time with the car and hope you get to utilize for the fullest purpose.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 16:47   #102
BHPian

Congrats for the find and getting it done beautifully.

I have a question: Now that the hot air trapped in the engine bay has one huge exit door less than the original design, would it any way affect how the engine warm up or heats up?

Pardon me if this is a newbie question.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 17:34   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How the engine bay looks now(note, even here the stock heatshield has neatly matched)
Great job Shashi. I would recommend that you post the total cost as well here, this way Ertiga/XL6 owners can then bug MSIL/MASS to get this for their cars. I really dont understand what made them take the decision to ignore something as important as an under body cover, when all it takes is making a small modification to an already existing part. The only word that comes to by mind is Lethargic!

Congrats on the new acquisition. I am sure you will turn this beautiful machine into a work of art with all your DIYs
procrj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 18:16   #104
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Doubts people may have:

1. Engine cooling: Enough gaps are still there for circulation.
are you referring to the the gap behind the rear end of the plastic and the front subframe/bottom of the firewall, for the hot engine bay air to escape ?

Quote:
7. What happened to the floor covers: They won't fit the underbody of the XL6/Ertiga. It will fit Swift and Dzire, while Baleno and other owners may check.
can you please elaborate what is the original purpose of these floor covers for which MSIL made them ?

Last edited by venkyhere : 31st August 2020 at 18:20.
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 19:44   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Congrats for the find and getting it done beautifully.

I have a question: Now that the hot air trapped in the engine bay has one huge exit door less than the original design, would it any way affect how the engine warm up or heats up?
By theory, hot air rises up so that bottom opening does not play a role in exhausting the heat in the engine bay. When the car is stationary, engine heat rises upwards and escapes through the vents in the windshield cowl area. When the car moves or radiator fan switches on fresh air is drawn through the grill and warm air is forced out through the rear of the engine bay. It would rather reduce air turbulence and maybe some noise due to this. But the cover wouldn't affect heat management.
audioholic is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks