Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2024, 20:39   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT | Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
Congratulations on reaching (almost) the 50k mark and wishing you many more. I love reading your small travel reports. With the current gen Fortuner, the only major con is the price tag. This is a personal opinion.
Agree its pricey, and the likes of Legender 4x4, GRS are super expensive. The current gen is almost 8 years old and an all new gen should arrive later this year or in 2025. Expect the new gen to breach 60L mark.
Old 5th January 2024, 17:19   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Agree its pricey, and the likes of Legender 4x4, GRS are super expensive. The current gen is almost 8 years old and an all new gen should arrive later this year or in 2025. Expect the new gen to breach 60L mark.
Can't believe we bought our first gen Fortuner for like 20L on the road Good ol' days...
Old 31st January 2024, 13:24   #183
Senior - BHPian

50K service

The car has been munching an average of 15K a year. While the car completed 3 years earlier this month, gave it for service last week as ODO had hit 50K. Booked an appointment at United Toyota Puttur which has been my go to place ever since it was started. Other than regular service ,there was a small crack in wooden portion of steering wheel which I wanted to get rectified.

Service included below:

1. Engine oil- Toyota now have switched to 0W20 which is slightly more expensive.

2. Wheel alignment and wheel balancing.

3. Oil filter

4. Gasket, windshield fluid etc.

5. 50K inspection and top up.

Total cost for service came to 11.6K which is super reasonable given I paid 5K recently for my 2013 Activa service

The steering wheel had developed a hairline crack and was replaced under warranty. This is my second replacement and expected Toyota to provide a solution. I feel the material is not of good quality or its not suited for our environment. Warranty claim was seamless though. Front brake pads have 9mm thickness and factory rear ones are at 5mm. Tires are due for replacement in another 5K or so. Overall a big thumps up to United Toyota folks.
PrideRed is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 11:22   #184
Senior - BHPian

During service, advisor mentioned battery may need replacement in sometime. Post service car was working fine including start stop system. Car was parked for a week without running and earlier this week, battery went dead. Since the car had completed 3 year mark, decided to replace and I needed car immediately for a drive. Only Amaron was available in stock in nearby shop and decided to go with same. Battery with exchange costed 9K.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 10:54   #185
Senior - BHPian

Since couple of weeks, had noticed that right shocks squeaks during cold start, especially after wash and if car is not run for couple of days. The noise would go away after few KM drive. Had reported to service center at Puttur. Probably some sort of lubrication would have done. Since the car had extended warranty, asked service advisor to check for replacement. Dealer updated all required details and voila, Toyota did approve the request to change shocks. Part came next day and front shocks were replaced under warranty. The replacement was done soon after and car was ready by 3PM.

While the noise has vanished(checked it after wash), happy to report that ride has improved too. There is bit more stiffness on smooth roads and absorbs bad patches better than earlier. With tire change I am sure things will be much better.

2021 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT | Ownership Review-img_6614.jpeg
PrideRed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 02:43   #186
BHPian

@PrideRed, as you stated, some proper lubrication would have fixed the problem but I am glad that you managed to get the front shocks replaced. Toyota India leaves absolutely no opportunity to rip the customers off so it's only fair that someone gets such princely treatment, and you absolutely deserve it
P.S. What tyres are you going for? I know that you love to take your Fortuner on and off the road so I am expecting some quality AT rubber. Is it the good ole' Japs or do I smell some burley Yankees? Guess we will find out soon enough!

Last edited by Amrit@wheels : 20th April 2024 at 02:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks