Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2022, 15:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review

Does the premium variant have single zone AC? How about rear AC vents - are they present or missed?
Old 25th January 2022, 19:04   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
Congrats on your A4!
If I'm not wrong, yours was a premium variant, I'm looking at the premium variant too, wanted to know if you got any "on-road price=ex-showroom price" deals.

And does discount vary upon colour choice too?
Thank you! We are loving the car. After the heavy discounting of Sept-Oct 21, there have been no large discounts on the A4. Audi also announced a price hike of 3% effective the 1st of Jan 2022. I cited many of the Team BHP A4 purchases to the very astute salesman from Audi Pune who was aware of the same. He said that Audi India was not giving dealers the support to offer such discounts on the a4 like earlier. He was happy to offer us the Q2 at 35-36 since Audi India was pushing those units out like crazy.

He further said that maybe at the end of March their might be some more discounts but considering the price hike, all the variants would get more expensive by 1.7 to 2 lacs and hence the additional discount of 1-1.5 lakhs then would still mean the price would be the same.

The original onroad price in Pune was 47.82 lacs as stated by carwale.

Since my father is a doctor, we got a total discount of 4.3 lac rupees. Considering even a 6 lac discount in March, you would end up paying the same.

As Skoda also announced a similar price hike, and with the Superb not available till March and Kodiaq not launched then as well, and since we would buy immediately in march, the Superb L and K and Kodiaq would both be more expensive than the A4. Hence we were ultimately happy with the price we got. Had to pay 95 k more for the extended warranty. We got a VIN MY22 car and we ficed the deal in the last week of Dec'21

There was no ready stock at the dealer. So no discount based on colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidzy View Post
Congratulations on you new A4, I have booked the new Kodiaq but very tempted to give this A4 a serious look in. Did you buy the premium variant? The premium plus has rear AC vents, ambient lighting various colour option and i think 2 addtional air bags. Worth it?
Lastly how much did yours cost you OTR.
OTR was 43.5. Pune (MH registered)

Yes we got the Premium Variant. The design of the dashboard is a lot more stylish and premium than the Kodiaq for sure. The center console is absolutely stunning. I also feel that the Aluminium Inlays in the interior will age better than the Piano Black and are nicely textured and look timeless.

Add to that the fuel efficiency of the A4. 11-12 in the City and 16-17 on the Highway is so much better than the Kodiaq. Will be a large cost saving.

The rear ac vent is the only compromise for us. I personally have always felt that the rear ac vents in all cars across segments are extremely underpowered and maybe assist the main ac about 10-15%. Not more than that. You could hardly feel the air flow at more than 30cm from the vent even in our old Jetta and also in our Vento.

There are some Venting ducts placed beneath the front seats in the A4 which allow better air circulation in the cabin. These help in sending the cooler air to the back faster but no direct cold air blowing at you.

Since my father is self driven, this was a non issue. The A4 will hardly ever be used to carry 4 people at once in our case. It is mostly my parents who will both be sitting in the two front seats. Hence we could live with that easily.

Ambient lighting is a cool party trick and will make you feel bad if you keep comparing your car to other cars thinking that the Skodas and VWs have it. The single colour lighting looks classy and is nothing more. Since all the buttons and gearbox and volume knob etc are all lit up in white, it looks well integrated. But even if you have 30 colours, chances are you will like 1 colour best and set it to that and forget about it.

6 airbags and 5 star GNCAP rating seemed safe enough for us. That's really as far deep as I went into that particular aspect.

If you do not need the large GC / 7 seats, really look at the A4. It is a really nice car with an amazing suspension. 3-4 less features wont matter too much once you check out the car I feel. The Skodas are definitely more VFM but the A4 has everything you need in a much better looking and feeling package.

And it is cheaper than the Kodiaq L and K and the fuel costs will be substantially lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Does the premium variant have single zone AC? How about rear AC vents - are they present or missed?

Yes, the Premium gets a single zone Climate Control. The panel itself is different. It looks old school but definitely very premium and like it belongs in a luxury car. All the knobs are knurled metal and feel sturdy and clicky. Also has some piano black inserts on the panel. The one in the upper variants is definitely nicer but this one is easier to use without taking your eyes off the road.

No conventional rear ac vents. You get a small cubby hole instead. Doesn't look like a blank but is not too useful as well.

As I mentioned, the venting ducts help to an extent. Will only find out the reality in the summer with 4 people on board...maybe will have to endure 3 additional minutes of discomfort before the main AC cools the car down. Since the rear seats of our A4 are mostly empty, hopefully, this wont be a problem!
sauravpat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 19:36   #63
BHPian

Mod note: Trimming Quoted post, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravpat View Post
Thank you! We are loving the car. After the heavy discounting of Sept-Oct 21, there have been no large discounts on the A4. Audi also announced a price hike of 3% effective the 1st of Jan 2022.
======
maybe will have to endure 3 additional minutes of discomfort before the main AC cools the car down. Since the rear seats of our A4 are mostly empty, hopefully, this wont be a problem!
When did you book your car ? At present the OTR price quoted by Audi in pune is 52.85 for the premium variant. This is yesterday’s price. I am slightly confused now with thr pricing. Help!!

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th January 2022 at 19:40. Reason: Trimming Quoted post, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.
Old 26th January 2022, 00:37   #64
BHPian

Quote:

When did you book your car ? At present the OTR price quoted by Audi in pune is 52.85 for the premium variant. This is yesterday’s price. I am slightly confused now with thr pricing. Help!!
We booked it before all the price hikes. We started talking and TD ing the vehicle in early Dec and took 3 test drives and negotiated for quite a bit. The dealer assured us that this price was the best we could get since they had no incentive to lower it more because the prices would increase in a couple of weeks time. I called Audi Mumbai West and said we could pay within 2 days if you go below 45 for the Premium Plus but both Pune and Mumbai said no. 47 was the minimum for the PP. Since we started out with a budget of 40 and were already stretching to get the Premium, we dropped the idea of the PP.

We still held out till Christmas but then moved fast once we realised what was being said was true and booked it on 28th Dec and had to do full payment before year end.

I still wasn't 100% satisfied with it but now reading what quotes you have been given, I am definitely feeling better about our purchase. Sorry

What is the ex showroom price you have been quoted? We started at 48 and came down to 43.5....maybe you start at 52 and come down to 48?

Still a 4 lac increase in 25 days is really substantial considering we got the MY 22 car.

But seeing how low they were giving us the Q2 and the fact that they said that if we had come around Diwali we could have had a PP for the same price, I believe them when they say that this price was the best they could do considering no support from Audi India. From what I had read on TBHP, I expected Audi Mumbai to give better pricing but they quoted the Premium at 25k more. So really thought that what the Pune dealer was giving was the best price possible.

Maybe in March they'll give more discounts but with the large price hike you'll end up paying 45+.

I don't know if they are trying to make sure that the A4 is sold just above the Superb and Kodiaq to keep the brand intact. May be possible. Hope you can work out a deal.
sauravpat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 01:28   #65
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2021 Audi A4 Technology – Purchase and Initial ownership experience

Quote:
Hi, we got our Floret Silver A4 delivered on the 11th of January.
Congratulations! Good to see non blue A4s get onto the bandwagon

Quote:
Did you buy the Audi logo Puddle lamps from the dealer? Could you tell me what was the cost?
These were clubbed with the body cover and floor mats as free accessories from the dealership. The box suggests a rather steep mrp of 12K odd but you should check if your dealer can include these for you as a goodwill gesture.

Last edited by manson : 26th January 2022 at 01:29.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 08:59   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Mod note: Trimming Quoted post, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.

Hey, I had got an offer for around 45-46 on road for Premium model .. I can connect you , in case you are interested DM me.
goenkakushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 11:01   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
Hey, I had got an offer for around 45-46 on road for Premium model .. I can connect you , in case you are interested DM me.

Hey thanks, got the same price now as well. There was some confusion regarding individual and company registration

Quote:
But seeing how low they were giving us the Q2 and the fact that they said that if we had come around Diwali we could have had a PP for the same price, I believe them when they say that this price was the best they could do considering no support from Audi India. From what I had read on TBHP, I expected Audi Mumbai to give better pricing but they quoted the Premium at 25k more. So really thought that what the Pune dealer was giving was the best price possible.
Sorry mate, there was a confusion with respect to individual registration and company registration and thus the price difference. Its sorted now

Last edited by vb-saan : 26th January 2022 at 12:45. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Vidzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 12:50   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks, got the same price now as well. There was some confusion regarding individual and company registration

Sorry mate, there was a confusion with respect to individual registration and company registration and thus the price difference. Its sorted now
Has the Ex showroom price been increased by 3%? What is the new price? One of our acquaintances also wishes to look at the A4.

Were you able to TD the car? Do let us know how it compared to the Kodiaq for you.
Old 26th January 2022, 17:06   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Has the Ex showroom price been increased by 3%? What is the new price? One of our acquaintances also wishes to look at the A4.

Were you able to TD the car? Do let us know how it compared to the Kodiaq for you.
Not sure about the 3% rise, I feel they quote varied pricing depending on the client and level of interest.

Yes I got the TD and I loved it. Very difficult to compare it with the kodiaq as they are two diffrent cars both hold good in their own way but I am a family of 3 and hence we have decide to go ahead with the A4, the badge did add to the decision making I would be honest. Can’t wait!!
Vidzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 17:31   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Did you buy the Audi logo Puddle lamps from the dealer? Could you tell me what was the cost?
Any help would be appreciated.
The Entry LED Audi Rings were purchased from the Bangalore dealership along with the Stainless Steel foot-rest and Pedal Cap set. Installation for both were done for free although it is a simple DIY. The dealer gave a little discount for the set.
You can purchase it directly through the MyAudi Connect App, but the product will come from the dealership you select during the checkout process and will cost the full 12,518/- listed price.
gungax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 17:37   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about the 3% rise, I feel they quote varied pricing depending on the client and level of interest.

Yes I got the TD and I loved it. Very difficult to compare it with the kodiaq as they are two diffrent cars both hold good in their own way but I am a family of 3 and hence we have decide to go ahead with the A4, the badge did add to the decision making I would be honest. Can’t wait!!
Many congratulations! Which variant did you go for? And what colour combination?

Do share the pricing if you are comfortable with doing so please. Will serve as useful information for many other BHPians. I am also curious to know the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungax View Post
The Entry LED Audi Rings were purchased from the Bangalore dealership along with the Stainless Steel foot-rest and Pedal Cap set. Installation for both were done for free although it is a simple DIY. The dealer gave a little discount for the set.
You can purchase it directly through the MyAudi Connect App, but the product will come from the dealership you select during the checkout process and will cost the full 12,518/- listed price.

Yes did take a look at the MyAudi Connect app. 12k seems quite steep so will hold off for a while. Also, were you able to get the app working on multiple phones? The SA synced the vehicles to my father's phone during delivery. I have been trying to sync it to my phone as well by entering the VIN and purchase date as the delivery date....but it is showing me an error repeatedly saying the car with this VIN cannot be connected to your account.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 27th January 2022, 09:27   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulations! Which variant did you go for? And what colour combination?

Do share the pricing if you are comfortable with doing so please. Will serve as useful information for many other BHPians. I am also curious to know the same.

Still negotiating. Will surely let you know the pricing once finalised. Going ahead with Premium variant. White colour with okapi interior.

Last edited by vb-saan : 27th January 2022 at 11:51. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Old 27th January 2022, 13:40   #73
BHPian

Quote:
I have been trying to sync it to my phone as well by entering the VIN and purchase date as the delivery date....but it is showing me an error repeatedly saying the car with this VIN cannot be connected to your account.
What am I doing wrong?
I was told that the app will work with only one phone. After successful registration on the first phone, the dealer took a screenshot of the app as proof.
Tried to register the VIN on another phone but I too am getting an error message.
Old 27th January 2022, 15:54   #74
BHPian

Quote:

Yes did take a look at the MyAudi Connect app. 12k seems quite steep so will hold off for a while. Also, were you able to get the app working on multiple phones?

What am I doing wrong?
Quote:
I was told that the app will work with only one phone. After successful registration on the first phone, the dealer took a screenshot of the app as proof.
Tried to register the VIN on another phone but I too am getting an error message.
Guys, the MyAudi connect dongle is registered to one phone number. However you can use the app on multiple mobile phones. After registration with one phone number, install the app on another mobile phone and simply log in by entering the phone number with which the dongle is registered with. You will get OTP on email/phone number, enter that and you are all set. My dongle is registered with my mobile number but I used the above method to login to my brothers mobile phone and it worked.

Also those who are buying the car now, make sure you get the MyAudi connect dongle, mats, car cover (though I did not get it), keychain, LED logo for free.

I have a question, do we need to shift to N whenever we stop signals or in traffic. In my GT TSI I have a habit of shifting to N as soon as I hit the traffic or red light. In A4 we have auto hold which automatically puts the car in P even though the gear lever is showing it is in D. Do I still shift to N?

Also, any of you opted for PPF? The other day, I was driving on NH-48 in my nexon and a big stone (1.5 times the size of a cricket ball) came flying my way, I had to steer left and take the hit on driver side door or else the stone would have hit the the hood and onto my windshield.
sagpatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 16:06   #75
BHPian

Quote:
12.5k is for the stainless steel foot rest set and the front door logo, both?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks