Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2022, 21:05   #76
BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post

I have a question, do we need to shift to N whenever we stop signals or in traffic. In my GT TSI I have a habit of shifting to N as soon as I hit the traffic or red light. In A4 we have auto hold which automatically puts the car in P even though the gear lever is showing it is in D. Do I still shift to N?

Also, any of you opted for PPF? The other day, I was driving on NH-48 in my nexon and a big stone (1.5 times the size of a cricket ball) came flying my way, I had to steer left and take the hit on driver side door or else the stone would have hit the the hood and onto my windshield.
If you shift from D to N and back to D this results in higher wear and tear. It is always recommended to let the car be in D for short stops. In addition to this A4 switches off engine when you stop, once engine is off, you shall not have any reason to put transmission to N.

With regards to PPF , I was almost sold untill I saw this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...rd-remove.html (Horrible experience with 3M PPF | Completely deteriorated & hard to remove)
goenkakushal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 11:49   #77
BHPian

All but done Delivery of my Ibis white with Okapi interiors on 2nd Feb. Went ahead with the premium variant after a lot of thinking, the absence of rear AC vents was bothering me a lot but then 5.5l extra for the premium plus was not making nay sense.

Will post pictures soon
Vidzy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 17:31   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidzy View Post
All but done Delivery of my Ibis white with Okapi interiors on 2nd Feb. Went ahead with the premium variant after a lot of thinking, the absence of rear AC vents was bothering me a lot but then 5.5l extra for the premium plus was not making nay sense.

Will post pictures soon
Congratulations!!! Happy to have another A4 Premium with us in Pune. The White looks really nice. We didn't go for the white since our old Jetta was white as well. The black grille and cladding around the exhausts makes it look so sporty. Looking forward to the photos! Attaching some of ours.

5.5L was the gap? I thought 3-3.5. Definitely not worth so much according to me as well. Great buy. Did it work out cheaper than the Kodiaq in the end?

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-img20220111wa003901.jpeg

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-img20220111wa004201.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd February 2022 at 17:26. Reason: Number plates masked
sauravpat is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 18:10   #79
BHPian

Congratulations !!

I wonder.. How many of the A4's sold are actually purchased by Bhpain's

My guess is... at least 10% of total sales .

Is it possible to get some stats?
goenkakushal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 19:51   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravpat View Post
5.5L was the gap? I thought 3-3.5. Definitely not worth so much according to me as well. Great buy. Did it work out cheaper than the Kodiaq in the end?
Your grey looks so good man! Nice.
It turned out exactly the same price as Kodiaq. The immediate delivery tilted it in the favour of the A4 plus the badge

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd February 2022 at 23:03. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Old 31st January 2022, 22:06   #81
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Congratulations!!! Happy to have another A4 Premium with us in Pune. The White looks really nice. We didn't go for the white since our old Jetta was white as well. The black grille and cladding around the exhausts makes it look so sporty. Looking forward to the photos! Attaching some of ours.

Congrats! Looks beautiful in Silver, might sound exaggerated, but A4 seems like the best that can pull off the colour among the 3 germans
KI07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 22:45   #82
Senior - BHPian

Many Congratulations! The white with okapi interiors seems the classiest of them all!
Wish you much happiness with her! They seem to have increased prices on PP and Tech variants but not on Premium! 5L difference doesnt make any sense for what the PP offers.
What was the final price & discount on the ex-showroom?
Old 1st February 2022, 01:04   #83
BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 Technology – Purchase and Initial ownership experience

Quote:
Guys, the MyAudi connect dongle is registered to one phone number. However you can use the app on multiple mobile phones. After registration with one phone number, install the app on another mobile phone and simply log in by entering the phone number with which the dongle is registered with. You will get OTP on email/phone number, enter that and you are all set. My dongle is registered with my mobile number but I used the above method to login to my brothers mobile phone and it worked.
Thanks for the info, will try to use the same mobile number

Quote:
Also, any of you opted for PPF? The other day, I was driving on NH-48 in my nexon and a big stone (1.5 times the size of a cricket ball) came flying my way, I had to steer left and take the hit on driver side door or else the stone would have hit the the hood and onto my windshield.
My A4 has full PPF (Xpel) including on the Sun Roof and front Headlights. I have been using 3M PPF on all my family's cars. (only on doors and bumpers).
The oldest was on for 7 years on my Santa Fe. Scratched PPF in the corners are replaced by 3M.

Never had the kind of cracking issues I have personally seen on a Merc C class. The condition of the three year old Merc gave me a shock. I never expected the PPF to essentially destroy the car's exterior.
PPF most definitely helps keep the original paint intact. Considering what damage it can cause, due diligence during install and keeping a close eye on it is definitely recommended.

On the A4, my PPF has 5 years warranty and has already saved the doors and hood from stone hits. Even some sort of hard piece thrown by a bus passenger in Bangalore.
Due to frequent rock hits on my windshield, I have also got ClerPlex on the front windshield. This scratches very easily and will need replacement with 2-3 years.

Quote:
12.5k is for the stainless steel foot rest set and the front door logo, both?
That's 12.5K for the lights alone. Listed price of the pedal + footrest is 8,099/-
Only the MyAudi Connect was free with the car. The Dealer gave a small discount when I later asked for the accessories.

Last edited by gungax : 1st February 2022 at 01:05.
gungax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 11:25   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Many Congratulations! The white with okapi interiors seems the classiest of them all!
Wish you much happiness with her! They seem to have increased prices on PP and Tech variants but not on Premium! 5L difference doesnt make any sense for what the PP offers.
What was the final price & discount on the ex-showroom?
Thanks mate!

I paid 47L OTR (company registration) with Audi mats, car cover included.
Vidzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 20:33   #85
BHPian

Hey I want to get the 3M coat for the car and also a good quality window film( not dark ones) for my A4. Can anyone suggest a reliable and know shop in Pune? Thanks in advance
Old 1st February 2022, 21:13   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungax View Post

My A4 has full PPF (Xpel) including on the Sun Roof and front Headlights.
Can you share the cost for Xpel
Old 2nd February 2022, 00:28   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
Can you share the cost for Xpel
About 1.6 Lakh including 5 year warranty (replacing PPF if it deteriorates or peels off), annual washing and coating for the PPF (for 5 years) and 18 general car wash as commercial car washing is not recommended.
gungax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 18:50   #88
BHPian

It’s home and I am loving it ��
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-7ef718f7706f47dba445dde0ce549807.jpeg  

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-4479e81d9aec465b8740451017196ac5.jpeg  

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-dd7bcd04014249a2acc56ff52f7cb617.jpeg  

Vidzy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 16:06   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, the MyAudi connect dongle is registered to one phone number. However you can use the app on multiple mobile phones. After registration with one phone number, install the app on another mobile phone and simply log in by entering the phone number with which the dongle is registered with.

Yes, tried doing this and it worked. Thanks for the info

My brother was engaged in the negotiation and contact with the dealer and had not specified the MyAudi Connect Dongle in the negotiations at all since we both thought it was standard and was quite shocked to learn it was a 20k accessory. I went down and checked in the OBD port and thankfully it was there. Good of the dealer to not skimp on that. We did not specifically ask for it. Lucky us.

Quote:
It’s home and I am loving it ��
It looks so sporty! Great photos and congratulations again.
Our basement parking and artificial lighting really not doing justice to the looks of the car.

My parents will be going on a 1500 km road trip in the new car to karnataka in a couple of weeks. They will take a tyre inflator along. Is there anything else that needs to be taken?
sauravpat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 11:22   #90
BHPian

Quote:

My parents will be going on a 1500 km road trip in the new car to karnataka in a couple of weeks. They will take a tyre inflator along. Is there anything else that needs to be taken?
How about a couple of nice cozy blankets while they enjoy the superb/cushy/flat ride quality of the A4?

Are there any offers on extended warranty/service pack?
I plan to take extended warranty in coming months not sure about the service pack. Can we get 10-15% off if some of us plan to take it together?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks