Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2022, 09:45   #91
BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravpat View Post
My parents will be going on a 1500 km road trip in the new car to karnataka in a couple of weeks. They will take a tyre inflator along. Is there anything else that needs to be taken?
extra phone charging cable(spare), a lot of snacks for the journey.

Do share their extensive experience with the A4 and hope they have a safe journey!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th February 2022 at 10:13. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
Old 13th February 2022, 22:02   #92
BHPian

I see most of the cars bought from MH, is anyone exploring this car in Hyderabad.
I test drove the car and really liked it.

I am also looking for a premium variant only as I don't see myself big value for the Technology variant which is costing 9Lakhs more.
niv26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 10:33   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post

I am also looking for a premium variant only as I don't see myself big value for the Technology variant which is costing 9Lakhs more.
Me and Vidzy as well as other A4 owners will vouch for the Premium variant very staunchly. It is a great buy and definitely the most special sedan you can get right now under 47-48 L OTR. The PP is around 50 and Tech around 54 I guess by now. So under 50L, this might be the best sedan for self driven people in India.

If interested you can check out my detailed review of the Premium variant as well.
sauravpat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 16:16   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
I see most of the cars bought from MH, is anyone exploring this car in Hyderabad.
I test drove the car and really liked it.

I'm from HYD and I'm keen as well. Last I spoke to the dealer, the price they shared was nowhere close to the one on this forum. The showroom guy was mentioning their dealership doesn't have any help from Audi India team.
Old 28th February 2022, 12:47   #95
BHPian

I am not sure if this is the right thread to post, request Moderator to please move it if this is in the wrong thread.

We booked a Skoda Kodiaq L&K in Jan end and need a car in May/ June this year. Since Skoda is not giving us any updates on the delivery dates, we have started to look at other options and Audi A4 & Skoda Superb are two such options we are seriously considering; if we do decide on this, we may need to settle down for the Premium Plus from Audi or Skoda Superb L&K (in our budget).

Seek help from the experts and enthusiasts to understand how the Audi A4 & Superb would fare on our Bangalore roads?

Our requirements are as follows:

- A spacious 5 seater with good boot space for travel runs to airport and different cities (Occupancy generally would be 4 adults between 5 ft 7 and 6 ft 3 inches tall + 1 kid who is about 4.3 ft tall)
- Self driven by me & spouse (6 ft 3 inches / 5 ft 8 inches)
- Technology rich!
- Panoramic Sunroof (Non negotiable for our kid!)
- We love our music bass heavy and so a good music set up is absolutely required! (Main reason we decided against C5 Aircross)
- Preferably Petrol (Monthly run ~600 km & about 3-4 trips of ~1000 km annually)
- Good ingress for senior citizens in their 70s and early 80s
- Inclined towards SUV style vehicles
- Maintenance easy!
- Budget: 50 Lakh OTR Bangalore, but can be stretched a bit (~10%) for a great car!
- We keep our cars for about 5-7 years generally but would like to keep this one for at least 8 years after reading all the benefits on team-bhp of owning them longer!
- Not keen on used cars

Some of the other cars we have test driven and would not take it forward due to lack of space or our required feature set are Volvo XC40, Citroen C5 Aircross, Toyota Fortuner, Volkswagen Tiguan, MG Hector Plus & BMW X1.

Thank you in advance for all the advise!
We hope we can get our dream car in our budget by mid year!
Old 28th February 2022, 14:08   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
I am not sure if this is the right thread to post, request Moderator to please move it if this is in the wrong thread.

Some of the other cars we have test driven and would not take it forward due to lack of space or our required feature set are Volvo XC40, Citroen C5 Aircross, Toyota Fortuner, Volkswagen Tiguan, MG Hector Plus & BMW X1.
Both A4 and Superb are great cars. If you have the budget and want a badge to got with it then look at the A4. Value for money with the brand recognition. brilliant driving capabilities(not so much for an out and out enthusiast who loves to foot the foot on the pedal) but still a very good drive.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th February 2022 at 14:29. Reason: Fixed broken quote tags
Vidzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 18:03   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post

Any reason why Camry isn't considered?
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 18:09   #98
BHPian

We did try the Camry but somehow the EV bit in the city did not result in an enjoyable drive although back seat comfort was wonderful!
Also when we tried the Camry, we were more adamant on a SUV style car! But maybe we should recheck, thank you.
Would you recommend it?
Old 9th March 2022, 16:33   #99
BHPian

Hello A4 Owners, I am sure you are enjoying your ride and some may also be hitting the annual service soon.

So here is a Quote for 1st Service of A4 1 Year or 15k Km which ever is earlier.
In my view Estimate seems to be decent, with only one or two addons which can be avoided. Rs 1375 for car wash seems high and a detailer will probably do a better job for similar amount.
2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-service-estimate.jpg

Do share your views.

I request Moderators to create independent thread for A4 Owners which will be convenient to share and discuss individuals experience with the A4 .
goenkakushal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 17:54   #100
BHPian

Hello, asking for a friend who's contemplating whether to purchase the extended warranty for his Dec 21 A4. He doesn't think it's worth the cost due to the number of exclusions but I have been asking him to go for one for peace of mind (I own a Skoda and probably more paranoid than I should be).

Is it advisable to buy one?
Do we see a large number of component failures which necessitate the extended warranty for the A4?

Gurus, please opine. The owner plans to keep his car for at least 5 -7 years if not more.

Last edited by Shome : 10th March 2022 at 17:58.
Shome is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 11:20   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Hello, asking for a friend who's contemplating whether to purchase the extended warranty for his Dec 21 A4. He doesn't think it's worth the cost due to the number of exclusions but I have been asking him to go for one for peace of mind (I own a Skoda and probably more paranoid than I should be).
Simple answer is YES, he should buy it. 2+3 years extended warranty costs ~90K if taken within 6 months of purchase. I will be buying it for my A4 within a week or two.
Always advisable to buy extended warranty for any manufacturer for the peace of mind irrespective of any component failure and exclusions and here we are talking about a german car where repair costs can easily be in 6 digits. The cost to cover DSG repair might easily be 2-3 Lakhs if not more.
sagpatel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 12:01   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
Hello A4 Owners, I am sure you are enjoying your ride and some may also be hitting the annual service soon.

So here is a Quote for 1st Service of A4 1 Year or 15k Km which ever is earlier.
In my view Estimate seems to be decent, with only one or two addons which can be avoided. Rs 1375 for car wash seems high and a detailer will probably do a better job for similar amount.
Attachment 2282576

Do share your views.

I request Moderators to create independent thread for A4 Owners which will be convenient to share and discuss individuals experience with the A4 .

Thank you so much for sharing this I took a look at the Audi website which gives an estimate for the service. That came out to be 25k.

Did you only do the stuff suggested by the manual? Or were there any additions? Still 33k seems decent.
Old 14th March 2022, 19:23   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I will be buying it for my A4 within a week or two.
Audi is running 20% discount offer on extended warranty packs for a few days. Highly recommend getting maximum coverage on these germans simply for the peace of mind if that is a thing with luxury car ownership
manson is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 17:52   #104
Senior - BHPian

When I visited the Audi showroom more than 5 months ago in Nov'21, I (+wifey, kiddo) had just started to look 'beyond the horizon', scanning for an upgrade to our Vento.
I spent some quality time in the showroom that day and checked out the A4 to my heart's content. I had shared my experience here (2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh).

Quoting few things that got etched within me and served as a benchmark for a true upgrade:
Quote:
All this while, I have been only hearing about the super-carpet ride of the A4. But when I experienced it myself today, I was thoroughly impressed..very plush and pliant..DSG coupled with the TFSI engine was super smooth..everything inside felt like built to last..feel kind of ultra-premium.
All in all, I would definitely consider this as a candidate for my upgrade!
And then, there was no looking back. We (rather, I) applied all my weekend energies to all the research and followed it up with a plethora of test drives + checking out colleagues' rides and what not. Spent considerable time on the forum also, gathering all that was needed - technically + practically - to ensure I was doing the right research. BHPian ownership reviews also helped a great deal, thanks guys!

The beancounter side of me also ensured that I made full use of MS- Excel. Got my fin advisor to spend some time reviewing options in parallel.

Took a feeble first attempt in Dec'21, and just dipped my toes in the pool to test the temperature. Had a good learning experience, witnessing the arcane discounting & commercial veil that the dealers put up in front of customers.

Waited with bated breath in the meanwhile, and during mid/late-Feb, realized that the time was ripe to start the prep and go for the kill.

Had down shortlisted to a few (more on that later) and got the currency meter running over and over again with the dealers, to zero-in to a place of comfort.

All's well that ends well.
Glad that I will still be accompanied by a German for many more years.

Speaking of which, I have decided to part ways with my existing German ride - the beloved Vento - as it leaves behind a legacy (which am hoping can be matched/ bettered by its elder sibling).

..and sunsets into the horizon gracefully:-

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-img_3016.jpg

..with the A4 just waiting to zoom into our lives:-

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-2021audia4indiareview1.jpg

P.S. have booked the A4 Premium Plus in Terra Grey Metallic with beige interiors
JoshMachine is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 19:07   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
P.S. have booked the A4 Premium Plus in Terra Grey Metallic with beige interiors
Excited for another TBHP A4 in Pune
sauravpat is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks