Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2022, 09:41   #16
BHPian

Re: The Island Gurkha | My 2021 Grey Force Gurkha 4x4 in the Andamans | Ownership Review

Definitely the most amazing new car buying and delivery experience I have read about! Many congratulations to you. Hope Django will be a faithful companion over the coming years. Hats off to your ambition and persistence to get it done. Wishing you mane happy and safe miles ahead!
sauravpat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 09:50   #17
BHPian

Re: The Island Gurkha | My 2021 Grey Force Gurkha 4x4 in the Andamans | Ownership Review

OMG, the lengths one can go to get what he "wants" have no bounds. In this case I meant " lengths " literally

I am someone who loves beaches and Gurkha and this thread is like the carrot and the stick for me

Special mention of your photography skills too. The shot with your son enjoying the waves through the rear glass is magnificent !

Last edited by Sk8r : 28th January 2022 at 09:51. Reason: Additional point
Sk8r is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 09:50   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Man, I won't say it's raining Gurkhas on the forum but whatever Gurkha is raining, it's a tornado. Firstly Asterix and then Django!

Lovely write up. Seriously, when things start falling in place for something you crave for, everything fits perfectly in the puzzle. And icing on the cake is the way Force motors handled it. Also a big shout out to every unknown face involved in getting Django Unchained!

Wishing you amazing miles ahead with Django.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 28th January 2022 at 09:52.
BoneCollector is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 11:35   #19
Team-BHP Support

Exceptional, unbiased & detailed ownership reviews of cars have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review has also gone here. Thank you so much for sharing .

The Island Gurkha | My 2021 Grey Force Gurkha 4x4 in the Andamans | Ownership Review-fg.png

Last edited by GTO : 28th January 2022 at 13:01.
Aditya is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 11:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post

THE ISLAND GURKHA

A tall, intimidating truck that is the farthest cry from a family car.
Vignesh, this is a wonderfully written report! I enjoyed reading the entire story for the first time in a while. It gives me so much happiness to know that Force Motors is trying their best to keep personal relationships with their private customers, first Manuuj & now you. Not something you would've seen other manufacturers even bother trying about.

Wishing you a minimum of 2,00,000L KMs with Django. Rated a very well deserved 5*
akash_v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 11:40   #21
BHPian

Oh man. I have been reading car reviews for so long in Team-Bhp. This is one of the best reviews I have read so far. If there is someday a Hall of Fame of car reviews in TBHP, this will go into it.
catchjyoti is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 11:49   #22
BHPian

I can't even get a parcel Dunzo-ed to my parents place without hickups and you got a Gurkha delivered to an island. Hats off to your perseverance. Loved reading this ownership review.
TSEA is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 12:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful write up mate, very Shashi Tharrorish I must say, one of the best threads I have read till date.
It sure is raining Gurkhas on tbhp. The review thread had so many issues being reported which made me rethink of buying the Gurkha. It's good to see Force Motors being so proactive and working up closely with the customers, a change from the "take it or leave it" attitude being displayed by some of the manufacturers.
I am in the market to buy a 4x4 since my recent trip to the North made me realise the importance of it. The Gurkha makes perfect sense since it is mechanically "simple" with minimal electronics. My only concern being the warranty clause stated by Force motors on third party components.
After seeing the 5 door Gurkha (looked like it) being tested at Pithampur highway, i have decided to wait since there is a rumour of it being kitted with the 100bhp version of the Traveller.
Hoping to see more updates on Django.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 28th January 2022 at 12:09.
rakesh_r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 12:17   #24
BHPian

This was one of the best reads in a while! Thank you for the amazing write-up that beautifully captures the essence of your uninhibited desire to unite with 'Django' and the passion with which you have begun your journey. The icing on the cake are the pictures that better many paid advertisements.

Kudos to Force Motors and its dealers for going the extra mile.

I wish you many miles of happy niggle-free ownership.
Coyote is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 12:26   #25
BHPian

That's a fantastic write-up I must say!! Wish to own one myself, hope the day comes soon!

Did you even test drive the beast or any of its predecessors before making the decision? Or did I miss that piece of information

Wish you a zillion miles of peaceful drive. Happy and safe motoring
Old 28th January 2022, 12:30   #26
BHPian

Wow, congratulations dude. Gurkha is something that has a very good stance. Kudos to you for all the effort. This brings in the possibility of buying & moving Gurkha or for that matter any other closer-to-heart vehicle from the Mainland.

I remember another post on this forum wherein another person bought BMW Mini from Mainland.

While I always drool whenever I look at Gurkha or for that Matter even Thar, the slightly impractical from feature comfort level makes me take a second look at them during our car purchase decision times. (I probably would have brought Thar if it had 5 doors).
Old 28th January 2022, 12:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

What a write up! Just brilliant! I just loved your clarity! You know what you want and that has made your whole journey a lot easier. I think the Gurkha will serve your needs well. Your comparison of the Gurkha with the Thar was spot on. Personally I find the Thar too over priced and in most cases it can never be one’s only car. So if you might as well make compromises to get a car like that, then the Gurkha seems more apt for its core purpose.

Was just curious, what do you do in a place like port Blair by the way?
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 12:58   #28
BHPian

Incredible journey getting the Gurkha and a even better write up.

Like you even I am a Defender nut and Gurkha has appealed to me for getting one and doing a major custom job on it. But alas, as rightly put by you, it is not a vehicle for people who don't need a off roader. And even though I might secretly pine for one, I don't need it for Bombay city driving.

But am happy that people like you are forging ahead and making great use of this wonderful tool. I will be following you for subsequent Gurkha adventures.
click is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 13:23   #29
BHPian

You got almost everything a man wants - An Island, tranquility, beaches, hills, forest & a capable off roader !

Love the way you put up this experience of owning a Gurkha. Wishing you many more happy miles.
highwaypatrol is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 13:28   #30
BHPian

Absolutely brilliant!!!

What a saga and what a narration, loved every bit of it. I remember discussing about your vehicle with Sankar Sir and he shared the plans on how to ship it to you with. I had sensed the excitement in his voice, upon receiving a request from the Islands and how he could convert that into a possibility, this is something which has always made its mark felt - the overall attitude and approach of team Gurkha, where going the extra mile is a primary approach.
The Universe and its vagaries certainly make the most of every sub-conscious efforts in the right direction and then churn out the most incredibly impossible of wheels in motion to make it a reality.
I absolutely loved how you have described the Gurkha and Django is as apt as aptness would have liked.

Personally I can't help but smile at how things can turn around. Just a couple of years ago, during our search for an overlander, we could not find a single review of this audaciously camouflaged monster and there started our journey and a story which we continue being a part of.
And now, the Gurkha has really set the benchmark of having some of the most passionate and mind-bogglingly well written reviews.

G U R K H A and the Wild Tribe

Cheers,
Trojan is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks