Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2008, 10:59   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Earlier I heard from Maruti that they can heat the bumpers in case of dent to bring back to original shape. Just check with Maruti dealers. I am not sure how perfect can they bring, but atleast they can do it with heating.
In my experience- this was done by Dealer's workshop, free of cost. It took 5 minutes to get the car back. Bumper was still hot means they heated and brought it back to shape. In that process, some shine of color was lost at that part of bumper. But I was told in advance that part of bumper can loose some shine or color as well. Repaint may be required.
Old 5th November 2008, 10:59   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetnaz View Post
Guyz need a bit of info. Last night a two-wheeler without brakes landed on my bumper to stop the vehicle - and bang, I have a 15 inch wide possibly 10 inch deep buck in the bumper. How much is it going to cost me? I've stopped caring about little scratches and patches on the bumper - so I wouldn't really repaint, but I just want to dent the bumper back to its normal looks.

In retrospection, I quite hate these cars with body colored bumpers and RVMs. They are truly impractical in India. Given a choice, irrespective of the car I buy, I'd prefer going with black plasticky bumpers and RVMs - you can at least ignore the scratches and stuff!
if you could post a few pics of your bumper.has the bumper broken?dont know whether insurance will be required.if it is not major dont go for insurance.

Last edited by ankit.jhamb : 5th November 2008 at 11:00.
Old 6th November 2008, 00:06   #333
BHPian

SX4 Discounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Friends iam planning to buy an ZXi model SX4 shortly, therefore members please help me to get the correct Cash Discount, Freebies, Exchange Bonus & Loyalty Bonus or should i wait till Dec to get the maxium discount, HELP ME out to know the exact market trend.

In Delhi (Noida) I am getting a discount of 47k. which includes 30K loyalty bonus (since I have a wagonR registered in my name) and 17K corporate discount.

Apart from this the dealer (Vipul Motors Noida) is ready to offer small freebies like mudflaps, mats, moorti etc.

Could not get more discount from any dealer in NCR.

Whats the scene down south ?
Old 6th November 2008, 13:15   #334
BHPian

check out this link for SX4 Fog halo lights
eBay Motors: 2007-2008 Suzuki SX4 Halo Fog Lamps lights blue 07 08 (item 120326400088 end time Nov-29-08 09:40:48 PST)
Old 6th November 2008, 19:44   #335
BHPian

Couple of months ago, I had a Toyota Corolla guy hitting my rear bumper at fairly high speed. The good part was, that it took the impact well. The outer bumper being plastic, did not break, just had one simple crack. Then I had taken it to Mandovi and was with the service folks - as they lifted the car up & taken a look at the bumper from behind. There's a rod like reinforcement behind the plastic & due to the impact, it had bent somewhat. But it did not touch the rear body & sufficient gap was there - so the service engineer suggested to leave it alone. So the key would be to check with dealer that it will not comprise safety no future impacts & that it does not touch any part of the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetnaz View Post
Guyz need a bit of info. Last night a two-wheeler without brakes landed on my bumper to stop the vehicle - and bang, I have a 15 inch wide possibly 10 inch deep buck in the bumper. How much is it going to cost me? I've stopped caring about little scratches and patches on the bumper - so I wouldn't really repaint, but I just want to dent the bumper back to its normal looks.

In retrospection, I quite hate these cars with body colored bumpers and RVMs. They are truly impractical in India. Given a choice, irrespective of the car I buy, I'd prefer going with black plasticky bumpers and RVMs - you can at least ignore the scratches and stuff!
Old 6th November 2008, 20:10   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayaksudhir
In Delhi (Noida) I am getting a discount of 47k. which includes 30K loyalty bonus (since I have a wagonR registered in my name) and 17K corporate discount.

Apart from this the dealer (Vipul Motors Noida) is ready to offer small freebies like mudflaps, mats, moorti etc.

Could not get more discount from any dealer in NCR.
Whats the scene down south ?

Hope to get more in Dec any idea about disounts in dec and reg in Jan.

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th November 2008 at 19:18. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 6th November 2008, 21:52   #337
BHPian

My father took the car to Maruti Service Masters, Chennai where they've told that the bumper needs to be changed. It's not a small dent - mind you. The land was when coming down a subway, so the dent was like 15+ inch wide and 10 inch deep with multiple foldings etc.. It really looked shabby... couldn't stand it for a day. Didn't click pictures et al.

I had to go insurance way [after about 10 years of No claims!]. Last head, MSM got insurance approval. Will post details on price etc later on. Good thing is I'm getting new bumpers. Bad thing it's going to be new - and I drive in a cramped part of town. :(
Old 7th November 2008, 01:05   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Quote:

Thanks pal in chennai iam getting 43000 cash discount+25000 exchange offer+ freebies like car cover,GPS,seat cover,body treatment & mats.

Hope to get more in Dec any idea about disounts in dec and reg in Jan.
GPS?????? Since when did that happen?

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th November 2008 at 19:19. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 7th November 2008, 10:26   #339
BHPian

Its been there for the last one month I guess. Free Handheld ( I think ) along with the car.
Old 7th November 2008, 19:17   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post

GPS?????? Since when did that happen?

Its a navigator fixed on top of the dash not handheld
Old 7th November 2008, 20:24   #341
BHPian

Looks like they are offering new features to the car to improve sales. can anyone post a pic.
Old 16th November 2008, 15:15   #342
BHPian

Tyre update!
Goodyear F1s 215/55/16 in New Delhi are for @ Rs 5.2k per tyre.
The guy also suggested Hankook Blackbird, I think the name was. Said they were also V tread design; with a 3 year warranty @ Rs.5.3k per tyre.

I think Hankook would be a better buy - with the warranty and all, but dont really know anything about Hankook tyres. Anyone with any experience?

Last edited by anantnehru : 16th November 2008 at 15:16.
Old 17th November 2008, 10:47   #343
BHPian

SX4 mileage!!!

Hey guys, what mileage do you guys get for your Sx4s?

I am considering buying a new vehicle. Zeroed down few picks. Sx4 being one of them, apart from Honda City (if my dad approves that budget. Was also considering new Ford Ikon (TDCi), Swift VDi as other options. So guys please help!!!!
Old 17th November 2008, 11:56   #344
BHPian

I get between 9 and 10. Sometimes, sometimes a little over 10. Everyone else here seems to be getting a little more.
OT, Friend of mine took delivery of his new city yesterday, I drove quite a bit - the paddle shift makes it alot of fun to drive. So if your dad agrees, try and get that variant.
Old 17th November 2008, 12:03   #345
BHPian

Recently i got 11.5 KM after i filled for 2K bucks. AC 50% time as i usually travel in mornings.
Also you can check overdrive Nov 08 edition for city and Sx4 comparision apart from rich discussions in this forum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks