Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 19:29   #301
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys
Time to revive this old thread. Its been a long time since I posted here. Will try to do it regularly now.
BTW today in the mail I received this. Haven't read it though as I just came back to office opened the envelope and thought that I would share it with everybody

New Tata Safari 2.2 VTT EX 4X2 EDIT 25000kms service done-explorer-club.jpg

New Tata Safari 2.2 VTT EX 4X2 EDIT 25000kms service done-explorer-club1.jpg
Got approved after a year of applying Maybe now the Tata people have free time on their hands they are clearing the backlog of Explorer club memberships

Mods please update the title of this thread

Tata Safari 2.2 VTT EX 4X2 EDIT 21000 kms completed
Old 6th January 2009, 19:47   #302
BHPian

that's great going harjeev, one year and 21k is good running, do update the journey so far.
i too received this pamphlet some couple of months ago, with a plastic card, not heard from them after that, the website didn't work properly and so i didn't pursue further.
Old 6th January 2009, 20:36   #303
BHPian

Does this Explorer Club thing really work? Has anyone on TBhp really availed of and received the benefits mentioned on the website?
Old 6th January 2009, 20:54   #304
abk
BHPian

anti virus alert on tata safari explorer club

Apologies this may seem OT but if anyone who is prevented from accessing the Tata Safari Explorer club site TATA please be aware it is your anti-virus throwing tantrums. AVG & Avast! raised threatening alerts but no false alerts by McAfee Enterprise edition. I have surfed the site a few times now and it appears to be clean. Or I am unaware of any nasty thing going on my laptop without raising any suspicions
Old 6th January 2009, 22:45   #305
Team-BHP Support

I did not get my explorer card etc.,... I wonder how does this lemon company work
Old 6th January 2009, 23:11   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I did not get my explorer card etc.,... I wonder how does this lemon company work
Hi tsk1979, the wait will be "fruit"full after about 6 months of owning the vehicle. I guess other owners too got their explorer club cards after 6+ months since the time of purchase, regardless of mailing the explorer club registration card attached with the owner's manual.
Old 7th January 2009, 10:25   #307
Senior - BHPian

i have owned my tuck for over 14 months, no card still :(
Old 7th January 2009, 13:00   #308
Senior - BHPian

they made me to fill couple of forms for this card and a lucky draw at time when i bought mine.

Guess what i received none till date
Old 7th January 2009, 13:07   #309
Senior - BHPian

Guess that I am a lucky one out.

BTW as per anybody's guess how much should my Nov 2007 EX done 21k kms be worth with VX alloys and Khumo 255 65 R16 tyres LCS screen and reverse cam.

I am not interested in selling but this guy came to me a couple of days back and asked me if I wanted to sell it. He dint quote a figure. So this set me thinking
What should be a fair price?
Old 5th March 2009, 19:45   #310
Senior - BHPian

Tragedy struck a couple of days back!!!
I took the safari to a function in Paschim Vihar, New Delhi and both my ORVM got stolen. Man I was pissed!!!
This was on Saturday!!!
I called up the workshop and was shocked to hear the prices

8.5k approx for the mirrors
1k for the fitting
1-1.5k for the paint
He said that approx they would cost 11-12k all inclusive and if i took an insurance claim, then I would get 50% claim. Further they wanted to keep the car for 1-2 days for paint!!!

I decided not to get this done as if i took the claim I would have to forgo my No Claim Bonus which is 20% currently.

Yesterday I got the mirrors from Kashmiri Gate for 5250/- (2450 for the right & 2800 for the left) and paid 100 bucks for the installation.
So all in all it cost me 4 hours (to & fro on the metro from my place and the installation) and 5350 in all.
I will get it painted at the same workshop I am getting my MM550 overhauled & painted and he said will cost approx 500/-

Also thanks to a fellow TBhpian I also got Stebel Nautilus Air Horns installed on my beast.
AND MAN DO THEY ROCK!!!
AMAZING!!!

The beast is now officially crossed 25k kms. And i know I have to upload a long term ownership report but am not able to do it.
Maybe next week I will jot down the points and get at it.

But I would like to say this
In the last 1year and 4 months that I've owner the beast not once have I regretted my decision to buy it.
The only frustration is that the Tata people have now launched the GX version with the ABS feature which I was longing.
Wonder if I could havee that fitted in the EX version.

Till then
Cheers
Old 5th March 2009, 20:10   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
8.5k approx for the mirrors
1k for the fitting
1-1.5k for the paint
He said that approx they would cost 11-12k all inclusive and if i took an insurance claim, then I would get 50% claim. Further they wanted to keep the car for 1-2 days for paint!!!

I decided not to get this done as if i took the claim I would have to forgo my No Claim Bonus which is 20% currently.

Yesterday I got the mirrors from Kashmiri Gate for 5250/- (2450 for the right & 2800 for the left) and paid 100 bucks for the installation.
So all in all it cost me 4 hours (to & fro on the metro from my place and the installation) and 5350 in all.
I will get it painted at the same workshop I am getting my MM550 overhauled & painted and he said will cost approx 500/-

Din't know the Safari OVRM's are that expensive, no wonder they are getting stolen, anyways good the issue is almost fixed.
Old 5th March 2009, 20:20   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Din't know the Safari OVRM's are that expensive, no wonder they are getting stolen, anyways good the issue is almost fixed.
Infact they are the cheapest electrically adjustable OVRM's in the market. Even the wagon-r one's are 7k's a piece.
Old 5th March 2009, 20:48   #313
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev was the full unit removed on the both the sides or is it only the inner mirror removed.

Its not worth claiming insurance for this kind of replacements and you got a good deal from Kashmiri Gate.
Old 5th March 2009, 21:06   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Puzzles me as well They might be expensive as they are heated too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Infact they are the cheapest electrically adjustable OVRM's in the market. Even the wagon-r one's are 7k's a piece.
You are right. They are also heated mirrors. Also I came to know that these mirrors are different from the 3.0 DICOR ORVM. In shape & Size they are the same, but the 3.0 mirrors have 3 wires and these ones have 5. So the sockets are different

But the WagonR mirrors are very expensive, considering the price of the car.
7k a piece is daylight robbery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Harjeev was the full unit removed on the both the sides or is it only the inner mirror removed.

Its not worth claiming insurance for this kind of replacements and you got a good deal from Kashmiri Gate.
The full unit man. And it was broken. So the guy who will buy it will not be able to mount it as the part which holds the mirror was attached to my car itself, but was badly broken.

Even stolen mirrors were available but they were all of the 3.0 DICORs. I dint go to inquire as I wanted all the feature working. These were going around for 700-800 bucks a piece.
Old 6th March 2009, 11:45   #315
Senior - BHPian

ORVM stolen, thats bad, must be a a druggie, since he will now sell the parts, where was it parked, was it day or night ??.

Which shop did you buy it from in KG ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks