Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 21:46   #241
BHPian

reverse camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Latest Update

I got the Reverse Parking Camera and 7" Screen installed in my BEAR on Friday 29th Feb 07.
I paid 8600/- for a brand 'RD'. This comes with a 1 year warranty for the screen. They have given me the warranty card stamped and signed.

hey harjeev,

wanted to know where you got this camera put in from, i got a quote for 4200 for sensors only and 11,200 for the one with the camera (with b&w)
and these are for the same rd make...

it also all looked a little tacky to me in terms of fit and finish - but since you are using one in your safari, you are probably the best person to comment on how it all shapes up..

would appreciate details of where you got this done so that i can haggle with my dude!!

cheers cheers:
Old 4th March 2008, 22:17   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Have you tried the OEM supplier?

http://www.tropicoolindia.com/rearview_intro.asp
Old 5th March 2008, 10:45   #243
Senior - BHPian

For safari its being discussed here

In general here

If you buy redsoul, no scraping/ cutting of wire is done. They have the exact connectors as they are the OEM's.

Last edited by dadu : 5th March 2008 at 10:47.
Old 5th March 2008, 15:21   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
hey harjeev,

wanted to know where you got this camera put in from, i got a quote for 4200 for sensors only and 11,200 for the one with the camera (with b&w)
and these are for the same rd make...

it also all looked a little tacky to me in terms of fit and finish - but since you are using one in your safari, you are probably the best person to comment on how it all shapes up..

would appreciate details of where you got this done so that i can haggle with my dude!!

cheers cheers:
Hi
I got it installed from a shop in Karol Bagh "Sekhari Car Accessories". The 1st shop gave me a quote of 9800, the 2nd 9100. This shop gave me the best quote. The warranty card is all stamped and signed. The fit and finish is good. Plus the cam is colored not B&W. It took about an hour to do the entire fitting.
Now to park the car in the reverse is a breeze

Last edited by harjeev : 5th March 2008 at 15:23.
Old 5th March 2008, 15:29   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
I got the vehicle delivered on Jan 2, and next day I left for TVM. So I kept it at 100KM/hr with AC. I did my first service there and while coming back most of the time I drove at 120-130 speeds and at times touched 150. again with AC.
I didn't calculate the mileage for each way, but in total the average was 16.(115L for 1850KM)
An average mileage of 16 kmpl in a Safari with AC on and speeds between 120-130 going up to 150? Well, well, well........well, well, well......(running out of words actually & desperately searching for a "raised eyebrows" smiley).

Guys, at this rate the Safari will start giving the NHC ZX a run for its money?
Old 5th March 2008, 16:01   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
An average mileage of 16 kmpl in a Safari with AC on and speeds between 120-130 going up to 150? Well, well, well........well, well, well......(running out of words actually & desperately searching for a "raised eyebrows" smiley).

Guys, at this rate the Safari will start giving the NHC ZX a run for its money?

And that too prior to first service right?
Old 5th March 2008, 16:31   #247
BHPian

@harjeev
sorry haven't been able to take a pic and post it, i keep forgetting to take the pic actually :-) the one i am using is an oval one fixed to a bracket hanging down under the camera in the middle of the rear bumper. the make is some local brand, plastic reflector, just make sure of the power ratings of the bulb with your mechanic so that the rear light wiring from where you'd be pulling the extra power for the lamp will not harm anything.

would like to know where the safari owners go to fix their brakes, to the service centre or any roadside mechanic, recently i am feeling the brake pedal play to be increasing and the pedal travel is more now as such. i am in bangalore and the service stations are a little far to make a quick trip out of office.
Old 5th March 2008, 16:38   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hi
I got it installed from a shop in Karol Bagh "Sekhari Car Accessories". The 1st shop gave me a quote of 9800, the 2nd 9100. This shop gave me the best quote. The warranty card is all stamped and signed. The fit and finish is good. Plus the cam is colored not B&W. It took about an hour to do the entire fitting.
Now to park the car in the reverse is a breeze
thanks harjeev,

i now await the 12th when i get my hands on my babe as well!!

where is this shop, do you have a tel no / contact details etc - would all be very helpful (pm would be fantastic man)

in your opinion and this question is open to all the guys who have tata vehicles in delhi - is vivek a better bet or pahwa motors a better bet for buying a vehicle from. i've used vivek for my palio that i still own - they've sc$£!ed me around this time round and i've just sent an e mail cancelling booking with them in favour of pahwa.

just wondering if i've jumped from the frying pan into the damn fire???

"16" kmpl - i'm smiling man.....!!

thanks for the heads up itwasntme and dadu,

just that these are far more expensive in terms of initial investment and money comes at a premium man!!!

(what the hell is the stock market doing?? my heart can't take much more of this!!!! :-) )

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th March 2008 at 16:55. Reason: Please use edit instead of posting back to back
Old 5th March 2008, 17:30   #249
Senior - BHPian

Back from another test drive

Demo Safari get 17kmpl or so it seems.

Went to check a Safari 2.2L EX that came with Alpine 9870 . Weird.
Old 5th March 2008, 17:33   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
would like to know where the safari owners go to fix their brakes, to the service centre or any roadside mechanic,
Man, are you kidding or what - go to the service centre!
Old 5th March 2008, 17:39   #251
BHPian

thanks for setting my steering straight suman :-) will visit the service guys next saturday and get the thing done, thank you again.
cheers!
Old 5th March 2008, 17:54   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
thanks for setting my steering straight suman :-)
Hey man, no sweat, always a pleasure doing it for a fellow bhpian, more so a Safari owner
Old 5th March 2008, 18:30   #253
BHPian

that's nice to hear, feels priviledged, thanks
Old 5th March 2008, 21:17   #254
BHPian

@harjeev
this is the pic of the lamp for rear view camera that i got installed, local made, rs. 200 including fitting, takes care of all my reversing visibility now :-)

mods, posting first pic, as an attachment, delete this post in case of any error, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
New Tata Safari 2.2 VTT EX 4X2 EDIT 25000kms service done-0305_170258.jpg  

Old 6th March 2008, 17:38   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
16kmpl is a very good mileage for a SUV.How did check your mileage?
I filled full tank XtraMile at IOCL in Bangalore, Filled 45L at Cochin. Another 20L at Trivandrum, Again another 30L from Palakkad on way back. Finally after reaching bangalore I filled full tank, which came to around 20L. So in total it was 115L and the trip meter showed 1850KM.

I hope my calculation is correct and if its correct, then I got a mileage of 16 for the entire trip out which 1100KM was run @ max 100 KM/hr and remaining @ 120-130KM/hr.

I'll be going to TVM once again on Mar 20th. I can give you the figures once I reach there. But as of today, In city I'm getting only 9-10. Filled Shell two weeks back. But couldn't do much driving as I was out of station.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks