Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2007, 17:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
i am not sure, but is'nt the getz more roomier than the NHC.
The back space of NHC is better than Getz.
Old 20th December 2007, 17:26   #32
BHPian

Quote:
yes, a diesel should also do justice to mileage, like its competitor swift for instance, well agreed its not as spacious and the build is also not comparable with the getz, still who would want to buy a diesel which gives out similar kind of fuel efficiency as its petrol version.
Lets keep the Swift aside and just talk about Getz. I think its ridicolous of you to justify a 110 bhp car like Getz to give you 18 kmpl! Wish offcourse! but justify no way!

And what exactly is the mileage diffrence between Swift D and Getz D? 2 kmpl?
would that not be nullified with more BHP in Getz? and add to that all that extra space!

Also you need to check your facts. The petrol Getz gives no more than 11-12 kmpl in the City. What the Getz D gives is 3-4 more FE and substancially more power.

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 20th December 2007 at 17:36.
Old 20th December 2007, 17:27   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumar_rec View Post
And even I heard from the dealer that Getz is more comfortable than an Accent. Hard to believe it
It's true. We had an Accent in the family and everyone agrees that my Getz is more comfortable - especially the rear seat.
Old 20th December 2007, 17:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The back space of NHC is better than Getz.
Have sat in both

The NHC is definately a more comfy place with better contoured seats and slightly more legroom. Not sure about the width. However the shoulder room is the real strength of the Getz back seat!

Elito
Old 20th December 2007, 17:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
There is more room inside getz as comapred to accent and other small cars.
all it lacks is a boot.
Rear seat legroom, front seat room, egronomics etc., are excellent
I believe the boot is quite large enough for a car of its category, so for once I wouldnt say that it really lacks a boot of acceptable proportions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
With the power of CRDI it is an excellent choice. If CRDI was available I would have gone for it.

I believe, quality comes at a premium.
Isnt getz CRDI ?? so is swift D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Lets keep the Swift aside and just talk about Getz. I think its ridicolous of you to justify a 110 bhp car like Getz to give you 18 kmpl! Wish offcourse! but justify no way!

would that not be nullified with more BHP in Getz? and add to that all that extra space!

Also you need to check your facts. The petrol Getz gives no more than 11-12 kmpl in the City. What the Getz D gives is 3-4 more FE and substancially more power.

Elito
The mileage of swift is not different from getz by 2kmpl, its almost 5 kmpl since swift gives 18-19 in city with standard profile tyres. mine gives upto 16kmpl with 195 tyres. but this info aside, I am not sure why a 100+ bhp vehicle would not give 16kmpl if driven in the right speed range and with right gear shifts! On the power front though, and ergonomics and space and an overall package, though the Getz is costlier by 1 lac for that money you get a very capable car no doubts. just that surely i would have expected two airbags and abs which cannot be excused for any reason as it compromises safety and every car manuf has it these days.
Old 20th December 2007, 18:03   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post

The mileage of swift is not different from getz by 2kmpl, its almost 5 kmpl since swift gives 18-19 in city with standard profile tyres. mine gives upto 16kmpl with 195 tyres.
Are these mileage with or without AC?
Old 20th December 2007, 18:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post

Elito
as per the FE stated by many people in the forum itself, the swift is giving them anywhere between, 18 to 21 kmpl. which is about 4 to 6 kmpl more than getz. with money spent on mods, the swift will have a similiar power of the getz with maybe 2 kmpl decrease in power, but still vfm with additional safety features such as ABS.

when petrol getz is giving 12 kmpl FE, and as stated by kpzen that getz crdi is giving 14 kmpl. so the difference is just 2 kmpl, agreed crdi has more power, but the cost difference is also huge.

so if its a petrol hatchback, then it its definetely the getz 1.3 gls,

if the requirement is a diesel hatchback then , the best option would be the swift vdi.
Old 20th December 2007, 18:32   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
just a 30km TD
hey bhagwan, agli baar kya agra se ghumaa ke laoge?

naish TD report boss - 14kmpl is great considering its a 1.5L engine! And this won't be driven with a light foot either
Old 20th December 2007, 18:42   #39
BHPian

Quote:
as per the FE stated by many people in the forum itself, the swift is giving them anywhere between, 18 to 21 kmpl. which is about 4 to 6 kmpl more than getz. with money spent on mods, the swift will have a similiar power of the getz with maybe 2 kmpl decrease in power, but still vfm with additional safety features such as ABS.
LOL!!
maybe, anywhere, still ???
Are u sure about anything? or its just dreaming up numbers!!

Quote:
when petrol getz is giving 12 kmpl FE, and as stated by kpzen that getz crdi is giving 14 kmpl. so the difference is just 2 kmpl, agreed crdi has more power, but the cost difference is also huge.
What about the increase in Power?? Care to think beyong FE

Quote:
so if its a petrol hatchback, then it its definetely the getz 1.3 gls,

if the requirement is a diesel hatchback then , the best option would be the swift vdi.
Advise: Refrain from making subjective, judgemental statements. A best option depends on the usage and need of the buyer

Elito
Old 20th December 2007, 21:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post

Isnt getz CRDI ?? so is swift D

Getz is CRDI and was not launched when I was looking for car in May 2007.

After the test drive of Swift Diesel I was ready to book it then itself just for the engine. But the waiting period was 6 months.

I am very happy with my Getz 1.3 petrol for the ride comfort and space it offers.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 20th December 2007 at 21:33.
Old 20th December 2007, 22:48   #41

its very difficult to argue about fuel economy figures here of these two cars . everyone drives differently and in very different conditions varying from city to city . to compare fuel economy i guess it would be safe to take figures from autocar india mag . add about .25 or .5 to verna figures and compare them to swift d , there is a difference of roughly 2 .
Old 20th December 2007, 23:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Is she a driver's car (handling, suspension, steering) or a passenger's car (ride) ?
More passengers car (atleast this is what I felt and I took multiple TD on diff. occasions) except of course the insane amount of power which is 100% driver . Its the main reason why I went with the DDis. Also the new Getz interiors make me want to regurgitate.

If I had about a 150thou to spend on aftermarket stuff for the Getz CRDI I would have surely gone for it.

Last edited by s0uljah : 20th December 2007 at 23:17. Reason: quote
Old 21st December 2007, 00:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

Nice review. But is it confirmed that there is optional ABS in Getz D ?

Quote:
Drive it on Chandigarh roads and you will get 18 with light foot.
Old 21st December 2007, 00:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
But is it confirmed that there is optional ABS in Getz D ?
Its confirmed that there is N.O abs.

Option will be introduced at a later stage. Tentatively Feb/Mar 2008
Old 21st December 2007, 11:55   #45
BHPian

What about the increase in Power?? Care to think beyong FE.

Completely agree with this statement. I think this is more of a power hatch built for fun more like the palio 1.6. Although getz is more of a straight-line scorcher than a nimble handler! No comparisons being made, just a personal opinion!
Lack of ABS is a let-down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks