Old 16th December 2008, 13:27   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anju View Post
I have clocked 10200 so far.

How about you ?

cheers
Anju
Clocked 12000kms . But completed only 2 services.
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:17   #122
BHPian

Guys !!! The new title for this should be

"The Redemption of my Kencha - Thank you SHELL DIESEL.

Here is update worth looking at especially for all the DIESEL car owners..

Some how my Kencha(Getz CRDi) was not doing well at all from many months. I felt sudden loss of torque,power,the pick up,smoothness of drive- Totally lost interest in driving.
I felt something wrong with the car. I did two servicing in between to make sure that all filters/AC/tuning is good. In fact replaced most of them... But even then Kencha had lost all power/torque....
Then began my experiment....my doubt was on the Diesel that I was using...

So I did full tank
3 times at Sarjapur road Indian oil- Same poor performance
3 times at HP near Marathalli bridge- result- Same poor performance.
3 time full tank at Indian Oil near Manipal hospital- Result- Same poor performance

T H E N Finally
I went to Shell at Whitefield and did the full tank.......
Man....... Kencha was reborn- it was total redemption,, I was total shocked to see smoothness of the drive, great pick up, no loss of power or torque,,,,no frequent gear shifting......

Now its been over 2 month, did atleast 5 full tank now.... A
nd I am totally astonished to how SHELL Diesel made all the difference.

Guys you got to try Shell,, even if you have not gone through what I had gone through... Just to confirm if I am right....

Thank you Ram for suggestion...
Kencha was reborn and now roaring in every cars side mirror....Thanks to Shell Diesel

cheers
Anju

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd July 2009 at 16:26. Reason: please read the note in post. Thanks
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:01   #123
Senior - BHPian

Just did a full tank - will try Shell from the next cycle.

OT: How about a Getz CRDi meet?!!
Old 2nd July 2009, 18:13   #124
Senior - BHPian

@anju
Shell makes a difference but i dont think it would be so huge as you pointed. Even i have filled many times from the petrol pumps you have mentioned (HP @ maratahalli and IOC). I am buying diesel from shell lalbagh road and performance is good. I think the drop in power/torque was because of some other issue anju.

@ph03n!x,
I am in for the meet. Let us decide a place and create a thread in tbhp meet section. Can you drive down to bangalore for the meet?
Old 2nd July 2009, 18:41   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
@ph03n!x,
I am in for the meet. Let us decide a place and create a thread in tbhp meet section. Can you drive down to bangalore for the meet?
With pleasure- the Hosur route is a hoot to drive my baby
Let me open a thread in the meet section...!
Old 3rd July 2009, 10:31   #126
Senior - BHPian

hey pals,
what is the price difference between Shell and other companies Normal diesel ?let me tell the price of a litre diesel in shell.
In IOC Normal Diesel : 32.80/ltr
After rise : 34.98/ltr now
I am currently using IOC Diesel only.
Tried HP diesel one tank full,after that i heard some more noise from engine and drive was not good too.
so i switched back to IOC again.
if the price difference is not huge i too try shell to my Silver Streak.
Hope it might give more pleasure to drive and FE.
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:03   #127
BHPian

Djay,
Point taken,,, but look I am Mechanical Engineer and total techno geek in engineering. I made sure that I keep all the parameters same before indulging into this . When I started testing I completed my first paid service, replaced all the filter and AC air filter as well. Then the test began... I am regular at IOC at Sarjapur and changed to HP marathalli and now have been regular to Shell Whitefield.

Trust me,I couldn't believe myself at the performance, my close friends felt it too...the engine revs so smoothly now,performace at each gear is glaringly noticeable- Kencha just realised its full potential .
And added to that , mileage has become 14-16 km/l in city compared to earlier 12-13KM/l earlier.
The main reason I feel I am getting exact fuel amount... Lot of my friend complanied about these IOC/HP allotted to relatives of politicians and many others do some nasty stuff to regulate fuel quantity,quality etc... (no offense to IOC/HP) this is what many feels...ask every Meru/Easy cad cab driver, they'll tell great stories about this.Almost everyone asking is using Shell only.

How you much Shell made difference to you interms of performance ?
I rate IOC/HP as 75 and Shell as 100.

I am in for Getz CRDi meet provided, I am in Bangalore.

cheers
Anju
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:12   #128
BHPian

Anju is very right. I felt my car being sluggish too when i drove with diesals other than shell. The diesal in shell is cleaner than the others. I experimented the same way as anju did and i found out that i got better mileage as well. And of course i am in for the meet too.

Cheers/Shyam

Last edited by ShyamSCrdi : 3rd July 2009 at 11:13.
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:16   #129
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Shell, is known for its clean fuels. I have noticed a remarkable difference using their normal unleaded petrol vis-a-vis the other bunks like IOC,HP.
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:18   #130
Senior - BHPian

Gusy,

Please tell me the price of Shell Diesel.
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:31   #131
BHPian

It was Rs 34.8/l in Bangalore. Don't know if it has gone up with recent hike for govt oil companies.

Karthik,
you use Shell diesel for few full tanks, you'll know the difference.
Its good that, I came to know it early, as other diesel would've spolied my engine/vgt.
Again thanks a Meru cab driver who vouched for Wow reaction from me after I use Shell..

Cheers
Anju
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:37   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anju View Post
It was Rs 34.8/l in Bangalore. Don't know if it has gone up with recent hike for govt oil companies.

Karthik,
you use Shell diesel for few full tanks, you'll know the difference.
Its good that, I came to know it early, as other diesel would've spolied my engine/vgt.
Again thanks a Meru cab driver who vouched for Wow reaction from me after I use Shell..

Cheers
Anju
Hey thanx,
Do you have any idea about other Normal diesel's price (IOC,HP) in b'lore before price increase.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 3rd July 2009 at 11:39.
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:38   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Gusy,

Please tell me the price of Shell Diesel.
If i got my facts right the price of shell diesal in chennai is 1paise more than the ones available at other places.

Cheers/Shyam
Old 3rd July 2009, 14:11   #134
BHPian

It was 34.80 I think difference was only 10 or 20 Paisa.

My view is that, even if the difference is 5 Rs I would still go with Shell. The reason is clear.
1.It gives great performance- I enjoy the drive,
2.It keeps my engine and other component happy- No long term damage resulting in huge repair expense.
3.You get exact amount of diesel for the money you paid- Better mileage,no loss of money as you get what you paid for.

These above 3 reasons should be enough for anybody to use Shell diesel even IOC/HP are cheaper. Look at long term gain and actual gain not just price comparision.

cheers
Anju
Old 3rd July 2009, 14:59   #135
BHPian

Oh; thnx anju - i've a brand new getz crdi - just 15 days old - a stitch in time saves nine - will shift to shell right away for my next tank full.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks