Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2008, 16:04   #271
Team-BHP Support

Any engine if not maintained properly will give problems, Be it FIAT or Tata. Have a 1.2 which got neglected in recent times(Safarii,FE and Part problems), and now at 50K there are engine troubles.
Am myself running a Tata indica at 97K kms, and its running on original clutch(inspite of crazy amounts of hill driving), and engine has never been opened.
Have had 2 indica's and one indigo in family (78K, 70K, 90K) and none have had any engine problems.

Maintain your car well and it will last you 150K easily without engine opening, be it FIAT, TATA or MARUTI.
Have a mid 90s model 800 in family which got overhauled around 130K when some pump inside the engine(oil pump?) also died.
Old 26th March 2008, 16:04   #272
Senior - BHPian

On a different note, I saw a Black Palio Multijet Stile on Double Road in Bangalore today morning. It really looked good. I was behind that vehicle for quite some time. Does it belong to any t-bhpian?
Old 26th March 2008, 16:12   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I wonder why they have become favourites with the taxi-wallahs?
You have kind of answered your question. Indica unfortunately has been identified as a "taxi" vehicle. So no matter what, you will find a sizable number of people who have issues buying an Indica despite it being cheaper and just as good as Palio.

50k price difference - Well, Tata must have had a big role in keeping this price differential.
Old 26th March 2008, 16:21   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
I am not sure how balck palio looks.I prefer furnace red.
Black is pretty mean!! Red too hot for my liking but then to each his own
Old 26th March 2008, 16:58   #275
BHPian

I will have to wait for few more days,it seems,for the palio.They dont have any color other than grey readily available.....

Guys again i would like to mention the fact that Indica is avery good car and dicor has improved a lot.But it still lags behind the concept of a hot hatch.Yes taxiwallahs prefer Indica mainly because of the cheap to own and operate concept.But they go for the non turbo versions and not the dicors(till now i have not seen any dicor/turbo taxi).They usally sell the car before the 1lac mark(i own an indigo taxi and also used the SX for 20000km).So for any practical buyer it really make sense to go for Indica diesel given the 50k difference and low cost of maintainence.But people going for FIAT usally picks it up for some other reasons which may not be quite practical.Otherwise Swift is the safest bet in terms of resale value and ownership.So it depends upon a lot on the taste of the buyer.Each car has got its own pros amd cons.
Old 26th March 2008, 19:19   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
On a different note, I saw a Black Palio Multijet Stile on Double Road in Bangalore today morning. It really looked good. I was behind that vehicle for quite some time. Does it belong to any t-bhpian?
I guess you saw the Test drive vehicle used at Prerana Motors in Lalbagh road
Old 26th March 2008, 19:31   #277
Senior - BHPian

Slightly off the topic..... The new grille resembling that of Linea looks really neat. Might trade my Sienna for MJD .The sad side of the story is still continuing ie., A.S.S and interiors .In one word Yuck !
Old 26th March 2008, 21:07   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
You have kind of answered your question. Indica unfortunately has been identified as a "taxi" vehicle. So no matter what, you will find a sizable number of people who have issues buying an Indica despite it being cheaper and just as good as Palio.
Yes, of course.

Just today, my friend got a new Alto LXi. Despite the Indica Xeta Offering much more at almost same prices, his father didnt even come to the TATA showroom to check out the Indica. (We went to 4 other showrooms though)
Old 27th March 2008, 16:32   #279

I read in one of the threads that Palio MJD; Getz and Aveo-UVa are going to be phased out in the coming year. In that case how wise it would be to go for these models? Also is phasing out restricted to pertrol version of palio, getz and uva alone?
Is it not wise to wait for Grande punto or Bravo as they come with much better aesthetics(at least the exterior)?
Old 27th March 2008, 16:38   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph5600 View Post
I guess you saw the Test drive vehicle used at Prerana Motors in Lalbagh road
Spot on. I managed to see it today again and sure enough, the registration no showed that it was a test vehicle.
Old 27th March 2008, 17:06   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri737 View Post
I read in one of the threads that Palio MJD; Getz and Aveo-UVa are going to be phased out in the coming year. In that case how wise it would be to go for these models? Also is phasing out restricted to pertrol version of palio, getz and uva alone?
Is it not wise to wait for Grande punto or Bravo as they come with much better aesthetics(at least the exterior)?
Aveo-uva and getz it might be possible but i dont think palio mjd as it is a recent product and has just started to sell.
ram
Old 27th March 2008, 17:14   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri737 View Post

GP maybe, but the Bravo is going to be a different segment altogether, being CBU. It will cost close to Rs 20L. I guess it will just be sort of available to show Fiat has a range of cars available. Doubt if it will figure in the Sales charts.
Old 27th March 2008, 22:29   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Spot on. I managed to see it today again and sure enough, the registration no showed that it was a test vehicle.
If you had spotted it around 1:30PM today then it would be me doing the TD.
There was one more person along with me for the TD.
The marketing guy told that the Palio MJD as of today has a 2 months waiting period. Now is this getting into the waiting period territory of Swift/Getz?
Old 28th March 2008, 00:55   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.r View Post
If you had spotted it around 1:30PM today then it would be me doing the TD.
There was one more person along with me for the TD.
The marketing guy told that the Palio MJD as of today has a 2 months waiting period. Now is this getting into the waiting period territory of Swift/Getz?
Now the waiting period for Palio MJD would be because of the lower targets from FIAT itself. They have planned to sell it in less numbers i read it in some news article time back before launch. I guess about 2500 per month.
Old 28th March 2008, 01:07   #285
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
I guess about 2500 per month.
Its 500 per month, if i remember it correctly. Infact, i'm almost sure i read it here. Please confirm.

2500 per month is not a bad figure at all, considering their target for the petrols combined together is 3000 cars a year! However, its not 2500 a month.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th March 2008 at 01:08.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks