Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2008, 22:21   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
What i heard is Linea will be coming on June and punto will be on early 2009.God knows how the Linea and punto will be launched here.
They will be launched in the same way other cars are getting launched. Upgrade the car after an year or so and charge extra. I am not digging at any one here...
Old 20th April 2008, 15:36   #392
BHPian

I have one question and it sincere one not meant to intice some bashing or anything of like

Palio Stile and Palio mutijet has everything in common BUT the engine right just like Swift P and Swift DDis

The price difference between Palio Stile is Practically 1.2 Lakh !! What are they charging this for ?? for Fiat Multijet?? for which swift charges Just 80 k ( difference betweem Petrol and diesel model )

City
Palio Stile SD
Palio Stile SDE
Palio Stile SDX

Chandigarh 444653 464656 484661

1.1 STILE( There is 25 k discount on this price currently!)

1.1 SL
1.1 SLE
1.1 SLX

May be I am missing something Here ! or may be we should compare Palio 1.6 and Palio mutijet ( price difference is 60 k ) instaed of comapring Palio 1.1 and Palio Multijet

What I was thinking that going by above numbers Fait can afford to give some discount on Multijet in future !

Thanks

Jatinder Singh

Last edited by drkhalsa : 20th April 2008 at 15:38.
Old 20th April 2008, 16:45   #393
Senior - BHPian

Dr Singh, Palio Stile 1.1 gets the benefit of lower excise duty on small cars whose engine capacity is 1.1 litres or less. Since Swift petrol has a 1.3 litre engine, it doesnt qualify for the excise benefit.

If Maruti were to launch a 1.1 litre varient of Swift Petrol to benefit from the lower excise duty, I think you'll find a similar difference in the price between the petrol and diesel varients.
Old 20th April 2008, 17:25   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Dr Singh, Palio Stile 1.1 gets the benefit of lower excise duty on small cars whose engine capacity is 1.1 litres or less. Since Swift petrol has a 1.3 litre engine, it doesnt qualify for the excise benefit.

If Maruti were to launch a 1.1 litre varient of Swift Petrol to benefit from the lower excise duty, I think you'll find a similar difference in the price between the petrol and diesel varients.
Oh Yes!! how I missed this point!!

Thanks lot for yur rely and Now I think I got the answer

P.S - But one thing more proped up in my mind . Going by this I think Palio 1.6 is too much Value for money as Price diff between Palio 1.1 SDX and Palio 1.6 is 50 k and in this you get alloys and some extra feature in interior and Bigger engine and Plus there is no Excies benefit on Palio 1.6.

Jatinder Singh
Old 20th April 2008, 18:29   #395
BHPian

GTX is value for money

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkhalsa View Post

P.S - But one thing more proped up in my mind . Going by this I think Palio 1.6 is too much Value for money as Price diff between Palio 1.1 SDX and Palio 1.6 is 50 k and in this you get alloys and some extra feature in interior and Bigger engine and Plus there is no Excies benefit on Palio 1.6.

Jatinder Singh
That's a no brainer; for the cost of the car the Palio GTX is more than value for money; its more of a steal when you compare it to other cars. The biggest difficulty is when you want to upgrade to a better car and you are hard pressed to find a car that offers this much value for money. I am in the dilemma now as I am planning to upgrade to the Magnum and as yet cannot justify the price tag for the OPTRA MAGNUM when compared to the GTX I own now.
Old 21st April 2008, 00:49   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

saab,

indica GLG vs turbo DLG would have something similar, I can wager!
Old 21st April 2008, 03:21   #397
BHPian

Quote:
saab,

indica GLG vs turbo DLG would have something similar, I can wager!

Thanks for your reply!

The difference between above two model you mentioned was max 1 LAKH that too has decreased due to discount on DIESEL model also this month!

I got the answer as I ignored the excise benefit on smaller 1.1 engine

Also I think in India it is normal for all brands to charge premium for Diesel Model over petrol model whether they cost more in manufacturing or not. It becomes more clear in TATA as I dont think it cost TATA so much additional cost in manufacturing Diesl over petrol engine as it shows in Respectice Car prices
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:42   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your reply!

The difference between above two model you mentioned was max 1 LAKH that too has decreased due to discount on DIESEL model also this month!

I got the answer as I ignored the excise benefit on smaller 1.1 engine

Also I think in India it is normal for all brands to charge premium for Diesel Model over petrol model whether they cost more in manufacturing or not. It becomes more clear in TATA as I dont think it cost TATA so much additional cost in manufacturing Diesl over petrol engine as it shows in Respectice Car prices
There is considerable difference between the Petrol & Diesel Indica's.
Old 23rd April 2008, 00:50   #399
BHPian

Did a TD of the multijet few days back. The top model SDX doesn't have alloys as shown in ads/pamphlet.
As for the ride, its excellent as all Palios. Has great pick up for a diesel, in fact appeared better than that of Swift D which I test drove earlier. However the steering felt lighter, gear shift not so smooth. Especially on the back of my experience of driving Palio 1.6 all this time.
Engine noise is definitely on the higher side, compared to Swift D.

Except for the lousy interiors, and limited range of colours, Palio Multijet beats Swift D hands down. Alas for the A.S.S story!
Old 23rd April 2008, 07:28   #400
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv View Post
Did a TD of the multijet few days back. The top model SDX doesn't have alloys as shown in ads/pamphlet.
As for the ride, its excellent as all Palios. Has great pick up for a diesel, in fact appeared better than that of Swift D which I test drove earlier. However the steering felt lighter, gear shift not so smooth. Especially on the back of my experience of driving Palio 1.6 all this time.
Engine noise is definitely on the higher side, compared to Swift D.

Except for the lousy interiors, and limited range of colours, Palio Multijet beats Swift D hands down. Alas for the A.S.S story!
agreed, the ride is excellent.
the swift D which you test drove must have been in poor condition.
manufacturer claims 75bhp in swift and 70 in the fiat(correct me if wrong)
also, the gearing is lower in the swift D- translates to better pickup in the swift and better topspeed in the fiat.
the much celebrated hydraulic power steering in the fiat also saps power from the engine that is already down by 5HP

how can the palio have better pick up?
also go through the auto mags- they would have given out 0-100 timings.
0-100 in a swift 13.8secs
0-100 in a palio 17.something

so shall we rephrase the conclusion?

Except for the lousy interiors, and limited range of colours,and worse pick up, poor gear shift,louder engine,and pathetic A S S, Palio Multijet beats Swift D hands down.

I agree.

Last edited by rippergeo : 23rd April 2008 at 07:33.

Old 23rd April 2008, 09:11   #401
BANNED

A thought about all those who swear by SWIFT - I feel you would bash it the same way you are doing Palio and more so because of its stupid looks and build and interior space.
Old 23rd April 2008, 09:34   #402
BHPian

I read the recent autocar magazine and it clearly states Indica Dicor is way ahead of Palio JTD in terms of power delivery low as well as top speeds, interior space and comfort, JTD has outdated interiors which have not been changed since the vehicle was launched in India ages ago. If Indica is better than JTD in terms of power then one shouldnt be even comparing the Palio with the Swift Diesel. Amongst the three cars mentioned here the winner is Swift without any of the other two even visible in the rear view mirrors
Old 23rd April 2008, 09:53   #403
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
A thought about all those who swear by SWIFT - I feel you would bash it the same way you are doing Palio and more so because of its stupid looks and build and interior space.
I meant- if the SWIFT were made by anyone other than Maruti
Old 23rd April 2008, 09:57   #404
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
I hope you dont think I swear by the swift.
i just rearranged and presented the exact same verdict that markiv so helpfully put up.

just because someone likes the palio doesnt mean that they have to look down upon equally capable cars like the swift and indica.

except for my justification on saying that the swift has better acceleration, everything else about the palio was written by markiv himself.
to which I only agreed.

Last edited by rippergeo : 23rd April 2008 at 10:00.

Old 23rd April 2008, 10:27   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
agreed, the ride is excellent.
the swift D which you test drove must have been in poor condition.
manufacturer claims 75bhp in swift and 70 in the fiat(correct me if wrong)
also, the gearing is lower in the swift D- translates to better pickup in the swift and better topspeed in the fiat.
the much celebrated hydraulic power steering in the fiat also saps power from the engine that is already down by 5HP

how can the palio have better pick up?
also go through the auto mags- they would have given out 0-100 timings.
0-100 in a swift 13.8secs
0-100 in a palio 17.something

so shall we rephrase the conclusion?

Except for the lousy interiors, and limited range of colours,and worse pick up, poor gear shift,louder engine,and pathetic A S S, Palio Multijet beats Swift D hands down.

I agree.
So if he has something bad to say about Palio you agree wholeheartedly but when he says he felt Palio's pick up is better you say the Swift he drove must have some problem! Nice!

The power output of both the engines is same ie 75bhp. There is a difference b/w the torque figures 184 nm against 190 nm in the Swift, but its too minute to be affecting anything. In anycase the figures quoted by manufacturers are not right upto the last decimal places so there!
The engine in the Palio is more advanced in sense that it meets EURO 4 emission norms already. The power delivery is linear in FIAT, the engine starts pulling from 1500 rpm onwards whereas Swift flies after 1900-2000 rpm onwards making it more fun to drive, FIAT here is a lot more sensible in its power delivery. The gearshift isnt poor, by a long shot, its a bit rubbery compaired to the gearshift of my Palio 1.2 which betters Swift's gearshift easily.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 23rd April 2008 at 10:35.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks