Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2008, 21:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and nice pictures, black color suits this car very well!
The only other car I admired this much in black color was Baleno.
Old 9th June 2008, 21:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

The palio looks great in black. The new grill goes well with black colour. Take care of the car!!
Old 10th June 2008, 01:23   #33
BHPian

Thanks Everyone I made sure to take the best of pic

@ Prasidhi

I would had got the Lumar "SUN BLOCKER FILMS" done by today itself when concord motors took my car back to fit the extra Palio sports antena......which I wanted but sandeep called up and said that The Lumar films are very dark and the visibility is too less so told him not to put that, I will come down on saturday and get the needful done infront of me.

The Best Part of Concorde Motors/Sandeep:The Car was Picked up and dropped back to office as Monday being a working day and I had my office.

Will post some more photos soon........

Last edited by jazzy_2cool : 10th June 2008 at 01:38. Reason: spell check
Old 10th June 2008, 19:14   #34
BHPian

Alloys

hi guys,
All your Black MJDs looks awesome in black.I have no words to express the shining of that Carbon Black.But about the alloys,please get it done as soon as you get the car.that is my advise.In chennai Lal Tyres gives 2000 for each stock tyre.That itself makes a straight 10000.Then get Aura 98PCD 14" alloys(they look really cool on Finney's car) for 17.5K for a set of 5.Then get some good rubber for another 16K.So 17.5+16-10=23.5K.So i think this should be your preference even before ICE if you get the above said 10K for the stock rubber.But the prices for the stock rims is hopeless.they will take all the 5 for only 1-1.5K.Your black cars really needs alloys.

Vignesh
1.2 Siena ELX
Old 11th June 2008, 01:18   #35
BHPian

@ Vignesh

Well I Had all plans of going for the alloys ( 185/65-14 or 195/55-15 ),but I am not so keen at this point of Time

Reasons:

In Banglore I was getting only : For each tyres 1,000/- x 5 + 200/- for each Rim x 5 = 6,000/- only

The Tyres are not that bad,for the time being untill my pocket is loaded full again.
I know the car will look to good and it will make a lot of difference in the handling part as well,
I have done my Homework well on which one to go so I am ready to waste this 6k which I could had got on the 1st day .

Thanks to Jaspreet and Team Bhp I have the Recomended Tyre Upsize Chart
Unlike the deal you Got :10000,

I think Zak ll be going for the alloys soon ,he is missing from some days??

@ Zak :

Mate Where are you with your car ???

Last edited by jazzy_2cool : 11th June 2008 at 01:30.
Old 11th June 2008, 08:19   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post

I think Zak ll be going for the alloys soon ,he is missing from some days??

@ Zak :

Mate Where are you with your car ???
I am here alright but didn't have much to post since the car is parked in my home and as I have not started driving it to office.
Yesterday night took her out for a small ride and noticed that the speedometer and trip meters are not working. I completely missed seeing this while taking delivery . Anyway will get it rectified when I go for the reg plates.

No jazzy_2cool, I too had ideas of immediately going for alloys and upsize but the tyres(GPS2) dont look bad as you say and we don't get even half of what @vignesh says for the stock ones. So I have decided to use them for sometime and upgrade in a few months when I will have saved some M.
But I will check the prices for stock tyres, if they are anywhere near vignesh's estimates I will change them.
Old 11th June 2008, 14:24   #37

Nice choice Mate

Hi farhan,

Nice choice mate, its good to see FIAT finally doing well and coming up with that Multijet was long due.cheers:

Saw your car yesterday in the parking lot , when i saw it i was like wow...the Ruby coloured FIAT logo looks cool man...........time to upgrade my GTX to a Punto .well thats as and when it arrives

love my GTX though, will add the Punto for sure, wish it come witha option of the 1.6 Multijet Atleast if not the 1.9 which i guess will make it very expensive
Old 11th June 2008, 15:06   #38
BHPian

@ Zak

Good to hear from you Mate , speedometer and trip meters are not working ??? This should had been checked During PDI Please dont keep the beast at home ,
I have already covered about 170 km , the car is too good , and I am Loving It .

Its a culture change for me, after Maruti Esteem.The only problem I faced is with the high turning radius & clutch is hard as its a New Car.
The max I drove was at 70 in 4th Gear ,not yet on 5th the engine is really responsive and just wants to eat the distance its really fun to drive ...

I ll be going to the showroom on saturday hope to see you there.

Thanks
Farhan
Old 11th June 2008, 15:14   #39
BHPian

4th Gear - 70

Be easy on it buddy. Change to 5th around 50Km/Hr in the run in period and also its a good practice for good fuel efficiency.

I hope you have read the thread about running in your car? Or were you also told by the salesman that no run-in is required .
Old 11th June 2008, 15:21   #40
BHPian

Zaks, Jazzy_2cool

Congrats on your cars. Excellent choice of the machine

You guys can still wait till the car is run about 25k on GPS2 tires if they asking for very low prices. I think the stock tires are not excellent but not as bad as you can not live with it. The road noise and difference in the ride due to tires will start showing up only after 25-30K on the odo.
Old 11th June 2008, 15:24   #41
BHPian

Oh yes jaspreet feedback Taken, I am very much aware of it ,This was done By our old friend Brojo ,
I keep the baby under 40 km. you know him na..he is now just in love with my car and says
" I WISH PALIO 1.3 WAS LAUNCHED Before Swift" Ldi.

He is making some plans and pushing me as well for a long drive to bandipur .

Last edited by jazzy_2cool : 11th June 2008 at 15:33.
Old 11th June 2008, 15:51   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
I am here alright but didn't have much to post since the car is parked in my home and as I have not started driving it to office.
Yesterday night took her out for a small ride and noticed that the speedometer and trip meters are not working. I completely missed seeing this while taking delivery . Anyway will get it rectified when I go for the reg plates.

You should'nt have missed that at the time of delivery. I dont intend to scare you, but it could be a case of a TD car. Whatever it is, I think there is a way to check that. If these guys just plug in the speedo and odo cables, it could mean something fishy. If the instrument cluster has indeed stopped working, the only remedy for it is replacement of the entire thing which costs around 8K or so, which should be under warranty for you obviously. Dont take it so lightly bud.
Old 11th June 2008, 16:36   #43
BHPian

@ Zak/Roms

Please Dont worry Zak,
The Showroom did not had any car left (Black-SDX ) for TD ,
So they cant give you a TD car,its just that its is not connected.
Old 11th June 2008, 16:42   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
I dont intend to scare you, but it could be a case of a TD car. Whatever it is, I think there is a way to check that.
I had this same thought in mind but just avoided posting it, since its too late now
Zak , dont worry dude. Everything can be fixed and for you , its just the speedo.

Quote:
The Showroom did not had any car left (Black-SDX ) for TD ,
So they cant give you a TD car,its just that its is not connected.
@jazzy_2cool: Do you know how long it takes for a test Drive .

Last edited by revved_up : 11th June 2008 at 16:45.
Old 11th June 2008, 20:07   #45
Senior - BHPian

Aah caught you at-last . Congratulations on the new buy.

Quote:
@revved_up

Wel Jaspreet, We miss u alot here ,Wish you where here,I was so happy that you called in.
We Miss you so much ... take care of your self and your car drive safe
and yes if I would had not got the car this time I would had gone with your words of going for Swift LDI.
Gawd whats with you guys ? Sounds like you chaps have shared a little too much that you are missing each other so bad .Wanna break the ice and share the story ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks