Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2008, 12:58   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
@ shebin ,@ architect you guys are the best BHPian we have here in Team BHP who can talk about the both the makes,
Hey Jazzy, I am not the best person to compare both cars because I have not driven cars as much as many other people out here. In fact, my total driving experience with four-wheelers is only about 8000 kms or so. Its just that I understand and enjoy cars. And I don't own a Swift D. Maybe Shebin is.

Quote:
Its the same Mother who Gave Birth to Both Daughers (Swift & Palio MJD Engine )Swift is the 1st Daugher and Palio MJD the 2nd
Nice analogy! I know people "humanise" their cars, but this is really stretching it. . But I can understand that feeling, sir, I can.
Old 16th June 2008, 16:16   #62
BHPian

@ Zak,

Any Upgrades Done Yet ???
Old 16th June 2008, 16:34   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Swift makes its very easy for people to fall in Love with her,
but once you are with her she starts shouting after few months.(There is a major rattling noise which comes from her body )Swift owners dont get mad at me this is a fact as said by the 4 owners its self who are my friends there is nothing which can be done about it ,as maruti has no patch for it.you will have to live with it
No offences Farhan, but this is exaggerating it a bit.
I am not sure what these 4 swift owners are upto(I hope you are not counting me in those 4) . I think i know one of them and both of us know how he drives and keeps his car .

Quote:
she is now the most hot selling piece of cake here in Bangalore
Do you mean that the Palio is outselling swift? If yes.. source please.

OT: Its very often that all Fiat owners get very passionate about their cars and try to justify their purchase. I have seen it on more than one occasion. But in the end its just a car.. isnt it?

Last edited by revved_up : 16th June 2008 at 16:37.
Old 16th June 2008, 17:15   #64
BHPian

Quote:
@ abhinav.s
Many Thanks from Both of Us......

@ shebin ,@ architect you guys are the best BHPian we have here in Team BHP who can talk about the both the makes,
We will always look forword for your feedback and suggestion,
To all the people who talk about swift & Palio MJD !!In terms of there difference with x z y .

I will make it short and simple:

Its the same Mother who Gave Birth to Both Daughers (Swift & Palio MJD Engine )Swift is the 1st Daugher and Palio MJD the 2nd

The 1st Daugher has the looks and the moves,she is a moden girl of today Driving Swift is a pleasure ,
no 2nd words but with great looks comes great maintenance cost & needs extra care for her beauti.
Swift is a delicate darling her body is very weak and thin.Swift makes its very easy for people to fall in Love with her,
but once you are with her she starts shouting after few months.(There is a major rattling noise which comes from her body )Swift owners dont get mad at me this is a fact as said by the 4 owners its self who are my friends there is nothing which can be done about it ,as maruti has no patch for it.you will have to live with it

The 2nd Daugher also has looks but not as much as the elder one.
she likes to be left untouched with her old looks as she does not want to change with time (Palio interior is the same old fashioned)
Her Mom (FIAT) has teached her to live life the Hard Way.
she can handle the bad roads really well ,without any jerks,makes you feel safe in her arms,
even when you to take her for a high speed rides.
she is Damm strong on her body,takes care of her ownslef
she is smiple and sweet ,not all people will go for her as she cant be handled by any new person ,
you ll have to be that much of experienced in your driving skill to take her ride .
she does not attract people with her looks,instead people get attracted to her for her simplicity & long term reliability,

Hope people will understand why I and many other people are going for her only ,she is now the most hot selling piece of cake here in Bangalore
I love to be with her,and I am getting to know her more day by day .
I have already completed my 1st 500 km in 6 days , and people mark my words she has made me happy .

Good one there!

IMO, Only problem is the attitude of the step-mom (TATA) in taking care of the second daughter (Palio).

P.S: If I was happy with my Fiat ownership experience @ Bangalore during 2006-08, I would have been the first person to buy the Palio MJD and would not have even thought about Swift D. I had to literally pray every time that I will get the car back in good condition, when I gave my Fiat car for service at Tata workshop(s) and had 'n' number of goof-ups by the so called tata mechanics. Frankly, in my recent Fiat ownership experience I spent more time in searching for a good workshop (Tata and other multicar mechanics) than in enjoying the car. I cannot think of mine as a one off case either, as Fiat owners are always on a lookout for a more competant workshop which stocks more spares and possesses better technicians ...

With the focus back on Fiat with Palio MJD, I really hope that the Tata workshops do their duty in procuring spares, spotting the car problems with an acceptable accuracy, treating their customers in a better way, gaining more knowledge about fiat cars, etc (basically a good amount of insight about the whole process of A**).

At one point of time, I was waiting for that moment to sell my much loved Fiat car which happened earlier this year. Finally I did understand why so many people (including TBhpians) tried to stop me from buying a Fiat during 2006.

Take care of your car well, so that there exists minimum spares requirements and fewer workshop visits (incase the A** situation remains the same). Happy motoring!!!

Last edited by ece2k2 : 16th June 2008 at 17:21.
Old 16th June 2008, 17:27   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
No offences Farhan, but this is exaggerating it a bit.
I am not sure what these 4 swift owners are upto(I hope you are not counting me in those 4) . I think i know one of them and both of us know how he drives and keeps his car .

OT: Its very often that all Fiat owners get very passionate about their cars and try to justify their purchase. I have seen it on more than one occasion. But in the end its just a car.. isnt it?
very true revved_up. though swift is prone to more rattles, there are no MAJOR RATTLES for sure. Also, I would not say that the Palio is a rattle free car.
Old 16th June 2008, 19:34   #66
Senior - BHPian

Everyone will back the cars which they like.
Those wholike Swift, will like it more than Palio and Vice versa.

So Let us not start the big old argument between Palio's and Swift's.
Old 16th June 2008, 19:42   #67
Senior - BHPian

Congrats guys, it looks really hot in black color ..... get the tyres and alloys ASAP car needs it badly hehe ....
Old 16th June 2008, 23:43   #68
Senior - BHPian

Fiat fanboys?

Quote:
That is true. Fiat owners are passionate about their cars. One does require a lot of passion and love for one's car to be able to suffer poor service. (I don't have any first hand experience of poor service, yet. But I can imagine.) Hardly a Fiat fanboy, my MJD purchase was for a combination of reasons which made me choose it over the Swift D. But there is no dearth of Swift fanboys either, claiming the Swift D leaves the Palio so far behind that its not even visible in the Swift's mirrors! (I can quote the thread and the post to you, too)

That said, I think everybody (esp. an enthusiast) always has good reasons for buying his car and justifies his purchase. The only difference is that the Fiat owner is much more insecure (because of repeated warnings or criticism from everyone around, including TBHP). So (s)he can also get defensive (or exaggerate a bit.) Some people are loud, some are subtle. Simple.

Quote:
I don't think so, and definitely not in North India. I have only seen two Palio multijets on the roads except mine in Delhi. One hardly needs any official sources to confirm that, does one?
Old 17th June 2008, 00:05   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
But there is no dearth of Swift fanboys either, claiming the Swift D leaves the Palio so far behind that its not even visible in the Swift's mirrors! (I can quote the thread and the post to you, too)
Thats been verified by various Magazines as well. A 2 sec difference in the 0-100 timings, in multiple magazines! But the leaving mirror thing sounds too much.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th June 2008 at 00:09.
Old 17th June 2008, 09:47   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Can spot quite a few Multijets in Bangalore. Especially the Furnace red and the carbon black. Must definitely be selling in decent numbers if not good numbers
Old 17th June 2008, 10:46   #71
BHPian

Tight gears on a new Multijet

Hi guys

I have driven a furnance red sdx not for about 1000 odd km.

Before 500 kms i complained a whole lot about moving form the 2nd to 3rd gear but after 500 km it became very easy i do it almost unconciously now.
i upshift from 2nd to 3rd at about 25/30kmph and downshift from 3rd to 2nd only below 20 kmph.

when i reached 750 km on the odo i tried to go for 4th to 5th it was very very rough i moved thru 4/5 a few times and it became smooth as the other gears.

My laymans view is the gear (or should i say gear track) smoothens with use.
My gear use is 1->2->3->4 (if i encounter a speed breaker) -> 2.

all this is so smooth but one day on a really big breaker
i did 3->1 and i found it to be a little rougher than the others.

So you need to keep shift between the gears a few time before declaring it rough cause it keeps getting smoother with use.

I have had problems like going from 1 to 4th when i wanted 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd when i wanted 1st but that is because i was not paying attention i guess and anticipated a rough gear change instead of a smooth one.

I am an inexperienced driver so may be that is why. Please take this into account while evaluating my feedback
Old 17th June 2008, 14:56   #72
Senior - BHPian

Aadi at play,

What I can make out of all this is that you have been able to "master" the gear ratios. Great! It's all about keeping the engine in its "power band" and "sweet spot". I find the MJD engine best between 2000 and 3000 rpm (I don't know much beyond that as I am still not driving beyond 3000 rpm). That's why I always prefer to drive a bike or a car with a tachometer. I know I am not lugging or stressing the engine.

However, I still find the gap between 2nd and 3rd gears a little irritating during downshifts (not on upshifts). It's still happens.... out of turbo on 3rd... shift downwards... engine rpm suddenly jumps high.

It's okay for race mode, but not when you want to extract good mileages.

That said, it's still a small problem and you don't notice it after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AadiAtPlay View Post
Hi guys

I have driven a furnance red sdx not for about 1000 odd km.

Before 500 kms i complained a whole lot about moving form the 2nd to 3rd gear but after 500 km it became very easy i do it almost unconciously now.
i upshift from 2nd to 3rd at about 25/30kmph and downshift from 3rd to 2nd only below 20 kmph.

when i reached 750 km on the odo i tried to go for 4th to 5th it was very very rough i moved thru 4/5 a few times and it became smooth as the other gears.

My laymans view is the gear (or should i say gear track) smoothens with use.
My gear use is 1->2->3->4 (if i encounter a speed breaker) -> 2.

all this is so smooth but one day on a really big breaker
i did 3->1 and i found it to be a little rougher than the others.

So you need to keep shift between the gears a few time before declaring it rough cause it keeps getting smoother with use.

I have had problems like going from 1 to 4th when i wanted 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd when i wanted 1st but that is because i was not paying attention i guess and anticipated a rough gear change instead of a smooth one.

I am an inexperienced driver so may be that is why. Please take this into account while evaluating my feedback
Old 17th June 2008, 18:34   #73
BHPian

Congrats Farhan!

One question though - Is Fiat India going to stop all Palio production - petrol/diesel within the next year or so? If that's the case, what 's happens to the resale value?
Old 18th June 2008, 01:27   #74
BHPian

@forbhaskarm

Thanks dear,the answer to your Question will be :
I am looking for a long term ownership, so the resale value does not matter much.
You Buy a car to keep with you not to sell it,more over I know the fact about Fiat resale value so no plans of selling it.

When the time comes that there will No Fiat or tata (which ll never happen)

Then there are good places in Blore to get the parts and your car fixed.
You just need to pay,Green tracks is one of them who has good people with good knowledge of Fiat cars.

Hope this answers your question?
Old 18th June 2008, 10:29   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Congrats Farhan!

One question though - Is Fiat India going to stop all Palio production - petrol/diesel within the next year or so? If that's the case, what 's happens to the resale value?
I heard that even if any manufacturer stops production of any product, manufacturer has to support the product for few years. I guess the time period is 10 years from the date the production is stopped. Or at least the manufacturer has to publish when the support will be stopped.. I dont know how true it is but it makes sense..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks