Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 05:33   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishia View Post
@Jango - Congrats on your new ride, please let us know which alloys did you upgrade to.

@Nithi - Hyundai cars come with both Bridgestone & MRF tyres depending on the which batch of tyres are there in their factory since both are their suppliers, I had insisted on the Bridgestones while doing the booking and probably it was that or by luck that I got what I wanted. The reason was some bad feedback about i10 tyres bursting (particularly MRF).
Hi rishia i picked up the Rays alloys from kottyam. Since kottayam is a small town we really do not have much options for car accessories. I will try to post some pics asap.
Old 14th September 2008, 11:33   #137
BHPian

Another explanation of the higher FE quoted by the MS reviewer could be that the person might be using a higher octane fuel. With a compression ratio of 10.5:1 , I guess 93 octane fuels (speed, power) could add another 10% to the FE apart from a smoother engine, which could explain the 12 kmpl vs. mine of 10+. Will try it out after my first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithi View Post
Risha , vigneshrs

Has any one of you guys completed your first service?
Any improvement on FE? There is this guy who claims 12 kmpl for his i10 magna AT on mouth**** website.

Is Your low FE because of Bangalore Traffic? Or is the review on the mouth**** website to be taken with a pinch of salt?

Also any expert care to comment on the following?

Regards!
Nithi.
Old 16th September 2008, 09:58   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aushdeep View Post
Hi All was just checking the specs and realised the i10 does not have anything in safety if you do not buy the one with air bags. no side impact beams, no collapsible steering, neither the manual mentions it. Did hyundai putting them or is there something which they took off to cut costs. Does anyone have the update. I also checked the crash test on some UK website in NCAp it has got a rating of 4 but on a front impact the driver's chest was damaged despite the airbags opening up. They have given it a big no for highways. Does anyone have any idea has hyundai really cut on safety features to lower the cost of the car.
i10 does have side impact beams, I have 1.2 magna and noticed the beams during speaker installs.

Quote:
Sunil,
BTW an update on the FE, haven't been able to fill it up again but if you go by the needle, it's been driven 200 odd km in about half a tank, which comes out to be 10+ for me.

Rishi
Don't trust the needle, till half the tank you will feel good and after that it will drop very fast. I get around 220 on first half, 150 in the lower half.
Old 16th September 2008, 11:31   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Another explanation of the higher FE quoted by the MS reviewer could be that the person might be using a higher octane fuel. With a compression ratio of 10.5:1 , I guess 93 octane fuels (speed, power) could add another 10% to the FE apart from a smoother engine, which could explain the 12 kmpl vs. mine of 10+. Will try it out after my first service.
Good Thinking Rishia. Any reason why you are not using speed/power?
Please post some pictures of your car. [like rear leg room, boot space]

But the FE of even the manual seems to be low according to -> mishraak [11.8kmpl - 12.6]

Regards!
Nithi.
Old 16th September 2008, 16:05   #140
BHPian

@ all i took delivery of my i10 kappa couple of days back and after running it for apprx 600km i am getting a mileage of 14.5 with a/c full time on.

Some pics of my i10 below.
Attached Thumbnails
Tested and Ripped: Hyundai i10 Kappa-car-13.jpg  

Tested and Ripped: Hyundai i10 Kappa-car-14.jpg  

Tested and Ripped: Hyundai i10 Kappa-car-16.jpg  

Tested and Ripped: Hyundai i10 Kappa-car-17.jpg  

Tested and Ripped: Hyundai i10 Kappa-car-19.jpg  

Old 16th September 2008, 21:10   #141
BHPian

No particular reason apart from the fact that that the car is in it's run-in period and the higher octane fuels, I believe, have some additives added to them (apart from the ones required for increasing the octane value) which behave as lubricants and delay the run-in process.
Yes, the pictures are long due, tried once, but didn't come out well since it's dark in the basement where I mostly park.

Agree about the lower FE, although people getting lower than 10 for even manual should definitely consider getting an automatic or a trip to the driving school rather than blame the vehicle.

Quote:
Good Thinking Rishia. Any reason why you are not using speed/power?
Please post some pictures of your car. [like rear leg room, boot space]

But the FE of even the manual seems to be low according to -> mishraak [11.8kmpl - 12.6]

Regards!
Nithi.
Old 17th September 2008, 07:29   #142
BHPian

Rishia, Appreciate your patience in answering all my questions. Thanks a lot man.

Jango, Nice, sharp photos there. What is the make of your tyres [175/60 R 13]?
14.5 with a/c full time on is a very good mileage [even with broader tyres]. So, looks like Bangalore traffic is the culprit for those reporting low mileage. Keep updating us on your further experience with the car. BTW, I like your house - with lot of space around.

Regards!
Nithi.
Old 17th September 2008, 08:39   #143
BHPian

@rishia what fuel are you using in your car. The car manual says to use unleaded petrol. Do you use high octane fuels ?

Also any idea about the make of the OEM MP3, CD player that comes with the i10 ?. I checked with the sale guy and he mentioned that it could be kenwood but was not really sure about it ..any clue ?

Last edited by jango : 17th September 2008 at 08:40.
Old 17th September 2008, 10:11   #144
BHPian

The September issue of Overdrive has a review of the i10 kappa automatic with some ladies test driving it.

They claim 14.2 kmpl city for the i10 kappa and 17 on the highway...

Not sure whether to believe them.
Old 17th September 2008, 10:36   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Rishia, Appreciate your patience in answering all my questions. Thanks a lot man.

Jango, Nice, sharp photos there. What is the make of your tyres [175/60 R 13]?
14.5 with a/c full time on is a very good mileage [even with broader tyres]. So, looks like Bangalore traffic is the culprit for those reporting low mileage. Keep updating us on your further experience with the car. BTW, I like your house - with lot of space around.

Regards!
Nithi.
Thanks Nithi. I have the bridgestone potenza GIII on the i10. Even i think the dip in mileage for most cars in b'lore is due to the traffic
Old 17th September 2008, 11:48   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Thanks Nithi. I have the bridgestone potenza GIII on the i10. Even i think the dip in mileage for most cars in b'lore is due to the traffic
Thanks Jango for your reply. Do you mind answering some of the following questions.

1. What is the effect of the broader tyre on Ride / Handling aspects? Is the Handling better? Has the Ride Quality improved? OR is the Ride more bumpy? How can you compare with stock tyres [I understand you have changed your tyres immediately. so this question may not be applicable for you]

2. How much does the bridgestone potenza GIII cost? Did you trade in your stock tyres and what was the deal?

3. Can this broader tyre [bridgestone potenza GIII] be fitted on stock rim?

Thanks & Regards!
Nithi.
Old 17th September 2008, 12:00   #147
BHPian

Quote:
@rishia what fuel are you using in your car. The car manual says to use unleaded petrol. Do you use high octane fuels ?

Also any idea about the make of the OEM MP3, CD player that comes with the i10 ?. I checked with the sale guy and he mentioned that it could be kenwood but was not really sure about it ..any clue ?
I'm using regular unleaded fuel as per the manual, although looking at the compression ratio of the engine of 10.5:1, the best fuel would be 93 (RON) Octane fuel, not sure why the manual says otherwise, maybe some of the experts can comment on that.

The OEM CD Player is definitely Kenwood, although speakers might not be Kenwood make.
Old 17th September 2008, 13:41   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Jango for your reply. Do you mind answering some of the following questions.

1. What is the effect of the broader tyre on Ride / Handling aspects? Is the Handling better? Has the Ride Quality improved? OR is the Ride more bumpy? How can you compare with stock tyres [I understand you have changed your tyres immediately. so this question may not be applicable for you]

2. How much does the bridgestone potenza GIII cost? Did you trade in your stock tyres and what was the deal?

3. Can this broader tyre [bridgestone potenza GIII] be fitted on stock rim?

Thanks & Regards!
Nithi.
1) @ Nithi i ran the stock tyre for some 2-3 Km only before i did the upgrade hence can't really comment on the OEM sets .I i am personally very happy with the new sets of tyres. I never faced any problems with handling and the drive is really smooth, i still have't faced any issues with the tyres hitting the side wall even while taking turns with 5 adults sitting in the car so i assume i will never have this issue.

2) The actual price for the Potenza III quoted by the dealer was Apprx Rs 2,900. The dealer offered me 1.5K for the OEM tyre buy back, plus he gave me an additional discount of Rs 100 per tyre ( potenza ) which i purchase from him so in short i paid Rs 1300 per tyre for the potenza.

3)Yes the Potenza tyres can be fitted on the stock rim.

Quote:
I'm using regular unleaded fuel as per the manual, although looking at the compression ratio of the engine of 10.5:1, the best fuel would be 93 (RON) Octane fuel, not sure why the manual says otherwise, maybe some of the experts can comment on that.

The OEM CD Player is definitely Kenwood, although speakers might not be Kenwood make.
Thanks rishia how do you rate the speakers and the CD player ? Are you planning to keep them or get them replaced ?
Old 17th September 2008, 14:06   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks rishia how do you rate the speakers and the CD player ? Are you planning to keep them or get them replaced ?
I'm not a big fan of high frequencies (shrillness) which these speakers, thankfully, seem to lack a bit, nor the thump of a woofer (atleast in a car) and keep the volume almost always below 10. That, coupled with the factory fitted double din look of the OEM system, for my taste seems to be a very good fit for me.
The only upgrade I would do to the Sportz version would be the fog lamps (which I feel, along with the keyless entry key & optional ABS should have been standard features) and alloy wheels.
I've done the keyless entry and windows upmodeler, fog lamps and alloy wheels would be next whenever I have some cash to spare.
Old 18th September 2008, 09:28   #150
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of high frequencies (shrillness) which these speakers, thankfully, seem to lack a bit, nor the thump of a woofer (atleast in a car) and keep the volume almost always below 10. That, coupled with the factory fitted double din look of the OEM system, for my taste seems to be a very good fit for me.
The only upgrade I would do to the Sportz version would be the fog lamps (which I feel, along with the keyless entry key & optional ABS should have been standard features) and alloy wheels.
I've done the keyless entry and windows upmodeler, fog lamps and alloy wheels would be next whenever I have some cash to spare.

Are you planning to get the OEM fog lamps for the i10. Even i am thinking about getting the fog lamp installed. When i checked with Hyundai sales person he said that a pair of fog lamps would costme around 3K. How much have you been quoted ?

PS : Pls could you post some pics of your car as well !!

Last edited by jango : 18th September 2008 at 09:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks