Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2008, 11:38   #106
Senior - BHPian

Very nice. pics please. Congrats on the first i10 AT Sportz ownership report.
Old 28th July 2008, 11:53   #107
BHPian

wow! thats nice! any idea how much the FE would reduce in an AT compared to an MT?
Old 28th July 2008, 12:25   #108

Thanks for your wishes everyone.

rishia, I purchased the car from Trident Hyundai. Good Sales/Purchase experience with them compared to Advaith. Not to say that Advaith was bad, but Trident was that extra little bit better (and moreover, it was very close to my work).

I will post some fuel efficiency figures some time next week as I reach about the half way mark in the fuel gauge. I am very curious about this myself. (But, one thing to bear in mind is that a learner will be on this car which could impact the figures a bit).

The one thing that could have made this car better for my needs was the missing electronically controlled rear view mirrors.

I will try to post some pics later.

Vignesh
Old 5th August 2008, 13:26   #109
BHPian

Finally took delivery of my new Electric Red i10 Sportz Automatic today morning after a few problems related to documentations. Will post pics soon.
Old 8th August 2008, 07:42   #110
BHPian

Hi Vignesh & rishia,

Please update this thread with more info like Ownership Experience and FE. I hope lot of people will be waiting for a detailed report on i10 AT [including me].
Thanks in advance.

Regards!
Nithi.
Old 8th August 2008, 12:36   #111
BHPian

Hi Nithi,
A detailed report will take some time, since I haven't been able to take it out too much. Based on initial impressions as compared to the only other Automatic option available in the price range Santro Automatic --
1) Interiors are way better although the new version of Santro has come up with better interiors too (atleast seat covers and trims). Since I opted for the Sportz version in Electric Red (this and Black comes with a red colored trims inside)
2) Music system is decent, looks wise it fits the console pretty well.
3) Ride quality is much better, you don't actually feel the bumps of the rear wheels unlike Santro.
4) Being an Automatic, the ride is much easier than a manual, yesteday I was stuck in traffic for 2 hours on my way to office, didn't feel any tiredness. This experience would be the same in Santro too.
5) The automatic gear shift is not very apparent as its in Santro although I haven't revved the i10 as I did the Santro since it's in the run in period.
6) Although the view from inside is better than a Santro, but probably due to the color of the Dash, I see a reflection on the windscreen.
7) FE wise, haven't been able to get any figures yet but as Vignesh pointed out, the needle is going down pretty repidly. I don't expect it to be more than 10 kmpl but will give you exact figures once I refuel it after the full tank I had done after taking delivery.
8) The build quality of the car seems very good, the car looks heavy as compared to Santro.
9) Understeer while turning is much less than a Santro.
10) The engine no doubt is much more powerfull.
11) The NVH is noteceable low.
12) Turning radius is a little bit more than the Santro.

These are the points I could think of, posting a pic of the console and steering, rest of the pics would be the same as i10.
Attached Thumbnails
Tested and Ripped: Hyundai i10 Kappa-i10_sprotz_kappa.jpg  

Old 8th August 2008, 13:37   #112

For those interested in FE figures, after my first refill, I have gotten 8.67 kms/liter. I hope it gets to about 10 after a couple of services. Next month I am going on a highway trip. Will post highway FE figures then.
Old 8th August 2008, 14:54   #113
BHPian

Risha,

Thanks for the immediate update and the photos.
The interiors sure look very good. You may have to take extra care of it.
Also happy to know that the gear shift is smooth.
Finally what matters most to me is that You are still fresh when you reach home.

Thanks for a nice update,

Do update on the FE when you find time.

Regards!
Nithi.
Old 11th August 2008, 17:55   #114
BHPian

Magna AT in Chennai

Hello Everyone,
We have had our i10 Magna Automatic since last week and the car has been above expectations. Fit and finish quality is as good or even better than our Getz. Automatic with the new kappa engine works very very well especially in heavy bumper to bumper traffic. The Kappa engine loves to rev(unlike the 1.1 eRLX) . On an open road the automatic kicks down nicely to give sufficient power for overtaking .

Some features from the older Magna that are missing are the rear wiper, fog lamps.. both would have been useful.

The high profile 155/80 tyres soakup a lot of road irregularities and rear suspension is vastly better than santro. With the narrow tyres, the car does not inspire confidence at higher speeds.

Overall a nice package, but could have had more features to make it value for money!
Old 11th August 2008, 20:18   #115
BHPian

^ Congrats on the new car. What are your Fuel Efficiency figures btw?
Old 13th August 2008, 18:20   #116
BHPian

Check this link in the Hindu Online about the Hyundai Kappa.
The Hindu : Metro Plus Chennai / Wheels : Hyundai's trump card
I quote some parts here
Quote:
In city driving, the Kappa didn't feel substantially quicker than the Epsilon i10 which develops its torque and power much lower down the power band
hmm..not very different from what our members have experienced as well, right. For pure city driving, the epsilon may score.
Quote:
Besides, the Epsilon's legendary pulling power in third gear is something the Kappa cannot easily beat. However, as an overall package, the Kappa is far better. The engine feels smoother and quieter and has a spring in its step the Epsilon did not. The Kappa's trump card is expected to be fuel efficiency and it could be the class best.
The statement on FE again. I guess, we will know better once we start getting some long term reviews.
Quote:
The surprise package however is the automatic i10. The automatic i10 Magna though expensive is decent value but it remains to be seen how thirsty it is in comparison to the manual.
I guess we are not expecting more than 10-11 km per litre
Quote:
With this iteration, the i10 moves further away from its rivals and into a class of its own. Expect this Hyundai to become a best-seller
Indeed, the kappa will wean away some customers from swift as well showing an 'upgrade' path to the wagon R/estilo crowd. Smart positioning!
Old 18th August 2008, 23:23   #117
BHPian

The i10 is a great car - no doubt about that - I bought mine in January earlier this year but it does have it's idiocracies. The entire dashboard distractingly reflects on the front windscreen whilst driving, mainly during the day time. Try seeing through the side mirrors and the side A/C vents are mostly all that you see. All the reviews in various magazines and the official manual state that the fuel tank capacity is 35 litres but on numerous occassions I have filled in 40 litres in my car and suspect that it can take in 45 litres too.

The original bulbs that come with the i10 are pathetic at best. Replacing them with brighter bulbs entails a risk - the original cap needs to be pierced, which can allow water seepage even with careful resealing. This happened to a friend who also owns an i10 and as a result the motor and internal reflectors in the headlamp assembly got damaged and he had to shell out Rs.7000/- to replace them.

Though I have pushed the car till 140 kmph on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway a few times I did feel signs of wobbling so I would not blindly grant it the status of being a highway star. It still evokes fear driving it beyond 120 kmph.

And the biggest injustice that Hyundai has done is towards early adopters of i10 such as myself. Barely 7 to 8 months later they have introduced the Kappa variant at a mariginal price difference. It's quite obvious that any buyer of the i10 would prefer the Kappa over the Epsilon i10.

There are a few other points that I would like to highlight on the i10, which I will do so in a few days.
Old 19th August 2008, 09:20   #118
BHPian

an aquaintance who purchased an Automatic Kappa recently claimed it was giving less than 9 kmpl. hopefully it may improve slightly after the first service.

she estimates that it might give not more than 10 to 11kmpl ultimately.

since she drives <15 kms everyday (through heavy traffic), she doesnt mind the FE and is enjoying the ride!
Old 19th August 2008, 16:44   #119
Senior - BHPian

Hi CtrlAltDel,

> since she drives <15 kms everyday (through heavy traffic), she doesnt mind > the FE and is enjoying the ride!

If that less than 15km is again broken into several drives, in those conditions, the mileage is more likely to be in that region only.

Further tell her to take the time and get it on a highway. That highway run would open up the engine a little.

I hope the mileage you have mentioned is with AC on.
Old 19th August 2008, 17:18   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
If that less than 15km is again broken into several drives, in those conditions, the mileage is more likely to be in that region only.
no...she stays around 7Kms from work and its her daily commute. add around 15-20Kms on a weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
I hope the mileage you have mentioned is with AC on.
ya...100% AC

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks