Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2009, 18:08   #166
BHPian

Complete the 2nd free service of my i10 Kappa Automatic @ 2200 Km. Replaced Oil / Oil filter and resolved some rattling issue on the right front door and fixed new seat covers and steering cover. The car seems to run a bit smoother now, will see if there is any tangible improvement in FE. Had been getting ~11.5 kmpl since past 2 tank fulls.. (it did dip to 9.5 once, around 1500 Km .. ripped it a lil' ;-) - back to my regular driving now) although the service manager was of the opinion that anything above 10 is a blessing but I'm expecting a 1-2 kmpl improvement - lets see how it goes. Will fill up Shell regular and then Shell premium next time after verifying with IOC regular unleaded this time to see if that helps too.
Old 6th February 2009, 06:21   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Like most people currently in the market for a small hatch, i have shortlisted i10.
What is the criteria for evaluating whether a car is over-priced?
In my view a car is over-priced if
1)priced much above its actual value
2)priced above its competition?
Not bad. Very good thoughts.

Quote:
Let us discuss above the above points
Uk price (on road) : 8,245 GBP = Rs. 6.28 Lakhs (approx with current exchange rate)
India price (on road Bangalore): 6 Lakhs
Yes, there are difference in features. The indian version does not have 14"alloys, heated seats, front side airbags.
14'' alloys,heated seats and front side airbags is a decent sum in India rupee terms. Also bear in mind that the car is made in India and sold in UK. Surely some differential here as well? Given the lower brand equity that Hyundai has, it is safe to assume that Hyundai makes more money in India as compared to UK. So, big deal. So do the Japs and the Germans.

While this comparison is a nice to know, it should not be a factor in your decision making:
a) Ethics - This is not about ethics. Hyundai would sell for more price in UK if they could do it. Any company would. Market dynamics dictate that they can't
b) Let us assume that it cost Rs.5.5 lakhs in UK. Are we contemplating an option to buy it in UK and bring it here?
Nope, the price in UK for various cars is not a factor to be considered in your decision.

Quote:
2) Comparison with respect to competition: Now this depends on what we consider as direct competition to i10.
So, what is the opinion of other bhpians here about this subject.
Am I missing anything, another angle which I havnt thought of.
Again is i10 over-priced
No, you are not missing any angle. This VFM concept causes considerable friction in this forum. If I am earning around Rs.30-40 k per month, then an EMI pm differential of Rs.3k makes a lot of difference to me. You will be hard pressed to convince me for a i10 over a Wagon R in terms of VFM.

If this differential is manageable, then go for the i10. It is definitely the best hatch in that segment.
Old 6th February 2009, 07:47   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishia View Post
Complete the 2nd free service of my i10 Kappa Automatic @ 2200 Km. Replaced Oil / Oil filter and resolved some rattling issue on the right front door and fixed new seat covers and steering cover. The car seems to run a bit smoother now, will see if there is any tangible improvement in FE. Had been getting ~11.5 kmpl since past 2 tank fulls...
Hi Rishia, Congratulations on completing 2nd service. 11.5 is a very good mileage for an AT. Kindly keep us updated on mileage in the future also.

Quote:
(it did dip to 9.5 once, around 1500 Km .. ripped it a lil' ;-) - back to my regular driving now) .
Can you throw some light on your regular driving style ?

Quote:
^ I have no idea if the AT variant has upgraded breaks, but the brakes cooking up seems to be a big problem to me. Could you explain the problem a bit more as to how it occurs, coz initially for me the brakes are normal, but say after about an hour of driving, they harden up, but function almost normally. It would help me to explain the problem to the service manager, Thanks..
Is the problem related to your brakes solved? If then can you explain what was the exact problem?

Regards!
Nithi.
Old 6th February 2009, 09:23   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Complete the 2nd free service of my i10 Kappa Automatic @ 2200 Km.
@ rishia ain't the 2nd service supposed to be done at around 9K ?
Old 6th February 2009, 11:25   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithi View Post
Hi Rishia, Congratulations on completing 2nd service. 11.5 is a very good mileage for an AT. Kindly keep us updated on mileage in the future also.
Thanks, sure will do.

Quote:
Can you throw some light on your regular driving style ?
Nothing much, just drive keeping an eye on the rpm, always keep them below 4K (mostly within 3K) and drive as if you don't have breaks - requires some anticipation of the traffic / road ahead of you. For eg. release the gas pedal much before you need to stop and if you're going down a slope. These little things add up. Off course if you can bear the traffic noise, prefer not to switch on the A/C .. I can't so don't bother with that, it's on 50-60% of the time.
Also, when starting from a cold engine, wait 10-15 second to start the engine after putting in the key and wait for a minute or so after starting the engine to actually move your car..

Quote:
Is the problem related to your brakes solved? If then can you explain what was the exact problem?

Regards!
Nithi.
Probably it was because of something stuck in the brake drum or something.. it doesn't happen now after the brakes were cleaned in the second service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
@ rishia ain't the 2nd service supposed to be done at around 9K ?
It's either the distance or time whichever comes first. Second service wrt time is after 6 months.

Regards,
Rishi
Old 26th March 2009, 16:45   #171
BHPian

Update on the FE of my i10 Kappa Auto, 2nd service didn't help in increasing the FE, infact it went down by about 1 kmpl to 10.2 Km/l for the first tankfull using IOC regular which was surprising. 10.4 Km/l for second tank full.
Switched to Shell Normal and it increased to 10.8 in the first tank full and 11.6 for the second. The car seemed to run much smoother with Shell regular.

Have now switched to Shell Premium, will post the results. The smoothness of the ride did not change but it became a little peppier, had to get used to the pull initially and gave the car a few jerks as a consequence.
Old 5th June 2009, 13:41   #172
BHPian

rishia, how much did it cost you for keyless entry system.
Old 8th June 2009, 19:07   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Don't remember it correctly but I think it was about 2000 odd bucks, got the windows upmodeler too along with it for a total of about 3K.
Old 28th September 2009, 17:29   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
OT, but, don't go for the base-model keyless entry system from Hyundai. It sucks in comparison to Autocop:
- No deactivate button, so you can accidentally open the car.
- No way to deactivate the reversing sound while retaining the buzz for the locator.
- Less range, can be an issue if you have to locate the car in a big parking lot.

In other words, Autocop is an order of magnitude better than the crap that Hyundai offers as the entry-level central locking system.
Old 5th October 2009, 13:06   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
OT, but, don't go for the base-model keyless entry system from Hyundai. It sucks in comparison to Autocop:
- No deactivate button, so you can accidentally open the car.
- No way to deactivate the reversing sound while retaining the buzz for the locator.
- Less range, can be an issue if you have to locate the car in a big parking lot.

In other words, Autocop is an order of magnitude better than the crap that Hyundai offers as the entry-level central locking system.
The OEM central locking system offerred by hyundai dealers is an autocop product. I have one on santro xing. Base model for these devices suck irrespective of your buy from either hyundai or aftermarket. Even hyundai dealers have higher models available but their any model is far costlier than aftermarket substitutes.
Old 5th October 2009, 13:39   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishraak View Post
The OEM central locking system offerred by hyundai dealers is an autocop product. I have one on santro xing. Base model for these devices suck irrespective of your buy from either hyundai or aftermarket. Even hyundai dealers have higher models available but their any model is far costlier than aftermarket substitutes.
May be autocop is the OEM for Hyundai. But, I've one of these lowest end models of Autocop on my Matiz, and believe me it is an order of magnitude better.
Old 11th October 2009, 22:02   #177
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I a member of Team-BHP since about a month or so although I have been refering this site for over an year. I own an i10 Asta AT since an year and am happy to be joining this i10 Club string.

This is my introductory thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...undai-i10.html

Going for the i10 AT was probably the best decision I took. It is probably the best suited car for city driving. The egronomically designed front seats and the fact that it is an AT results in minimal driving stress even in the most horrendous peak hour traffic. I get a mileage of about 10 km in Bangalore and 13.5 on highways.

I have done several long trips in the past one year, some of them on very bad roads and I can tell you the experience over all was fatigue free and trouble free driving so far.

Will post more about my experience on this post later. Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks