Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2008, 05:26   #106
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

You guys may want to check out the latest AUTO CAR Magazine's review of the Indica Vista Aura Quadrajet.
They've been fair in their assessment and the car receives a rating of 8 on 10.
I, for one, am happy they've been fair to the Tata's effort this time.
Cheerio
Old 8th September 2008, 10:13   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123 View Post
Can someone confirm the wait period for the Swift vdi with abs? 4 months is absurd.
I had to wait for exactly 4 months 9 days to get my Swift Diesel with ABS in Bangalore, inspite of a corporate booking!
Old 8th September 2008, 11:22   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Yes, Palio MJD, I still find it a worthwhile option.
it is a great car alright, but at this stage when it might be discontinued (further affecting A*S*S and resale value), I dont know if it would be a good buy. actually until the release of Vista, I was trying to decide between the MJD and CS-TDI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn
what about the aveo U-VA?
oh ya...missed that one in the list. I TD'ed and ruled it out at once. it somehow left a not too good impression on me.
Old 8th September 2008, 14:18   #109
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Knocking needs to be checked for by someone outside the car, and with the windows rolled-down.
How would rolled up/down windows matter if that 'someone' is outside the car?
Old 8th September 2008, 14:20   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
it is a great car alright, but at this stage when it might be discontinued (further affecting A*S*S and resale value), I dont know if it would be a good buy.
Who told you so?

Palio MJD was launched just 6 months back (March'08), so it will definitly be in the market for few years!
Old 8th September 2008, 14:52   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Who told you so?

Palio MJD was launched just 6 months back (March'08), so it will definitly be in the market for few years!
well, a few days ago, R.Tata said in a press conference that Tata and Fiat would not be competing in the same segment. what else does this indicate?

moreover, a salesguy in one of the Tata showrooms here "unofficially" told me the same thing.

But nothing might happen until Punto releases.
Old 8th September 2008, 15:06   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
You guys may want to check out the latest AUTO CAR Magazine's review of the Indica Vista Aura Quadrajet.
They've been fair in their assessment and the car receives a rating of 8 on 10.
I, for one, am happy they've been fair to the Tata's effort this time.
Cheerio
Does anyone has a link for that?
Old 8th September 2008, 15:13   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
srh : How would rolled up/down windows matter if that 'someone' is outside the car?
How did you get this doubt, in first place ?
Old 8th September 2008, 15:16   #114
Senior - BHPian

ha ha condor, nice save
Old 8th September 2008, 17:10   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
well, a few days ago, R.Tata said in a press conference that Tata and Fiat would not be competing in the same segment. what else does this indicate?
CtrlAltDel, the petrol models are competing as well. Both Fiat and Tata will put a speel and maintain the stance that the two models cater to different segments of people - while the ground reality may be different. And since MJD was launched six months back only, the Fiat image will take a huge blow if they decide to withdraw something so soon. They can illafford such negative publicity and will not withdraw Palio so soon.
From a user perspective, it does pose a dilemma - Palio MJD or the Indica Vesta? Well,if I must get it serviced from tata finally, then it may be better to buy a Tata Car with a Fiat engine?
Old 8th September 2008, 17:24   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Does anyone has a link for that?
The online free edition of test drives are published later and very short (Not everyting is available from the Print edition). Print edition is very detail and they have tested the Vista Aura QJD & Safire for 1000 KMs

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 9th September 2008, 09:36   #117
BANNED

Aura was tested to about 560 kms according to the Autocar report

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
The online free edition of test drives are published later and very short (Not everyting is available from the Print edition). Print edition is very detail and they have tested the Vista Aura QJD & Safire for 1000 KMs

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 9th September 2008, 10:09   #118
BHPian

@shankar - I noticed car knocking a lot under idling . I dunnow whether the same was there in the car you test drove.

I have both an Indica V2 Diesel and Swift Diesel. Following are my opinions only :-

Indica has a smoother ride as compared to Swift
Swift has better handling as compared to Indica
Indica has more space as compared to Swift
Swift has better build quality as compared to indica

The only reason I dislike my Indica is that now after a period of 5 years the car has already begun to show its age . I am facing a lot of rattles problems. the rubber beadings have started rotting. Many plastic parts have been replaced . We change cars after every 5 years. We also have Santro/M800 around 5 years old in the famil but we are not facing so many problem in the other cars. I was thinking of replacing the Indica but I had more or less sworn that I will never buy a tata product ever again . However after taking the TD of Vista my views has changed to some extent but I am still skeptical. The cars build looks better but how much better only time will tell. I hope they have improved their after sales service cause that is where TATA needs to do some serious thinking. An extended warranty fo 2 years however is a good start by TATA and kudos to them for the same.
Old 10th September 2008, 09:07   #119
BANNED

plse see comment below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
@shankar - I noticed car knocking a lot under idling . I dunnow whether the same was there in the car you test drove.
There was no trouble with engine knocking.

I have both an Indica V2 Diesel and Swift Diesel. Following are my opinions only :-

Indica has a smoother ride as compared to Swift - It is certainly a comfy car, barring the lack of under thigh support on the seats.
Swift has better handling as compared to Indica- To be expected!
Indica has more space as compared to Swift - Certainly. But a pretty hard clutch too in the V2 DLG.
Swift has better build quality as compared to indica - Maruti has more "finesse" in building cars, compared with Tata's

The only reason I dislike my Indica is that now after a period of 5 years the car has already begun to show its age . I am facing a lot of rattles problems. the rubber beadings have started rotting. Many plastic parts have been replaced . Im concerned too because our V2 DLG is now 2.5 yrs old .We change cars after every 5 years. It would be good to do this but Im thinking 3 years with that Indica DLG V2 of my Dad's. We also have Santro/M800 around 5 years old in the famil but we are not facing so many problem in the other cars. I was thinking of replacing the Indica but I had more or less sworn that I will never buy a tata product ever again . However after taking the TD of Vista my views has changed to some extent but I am still skeptical. The cars build looks better but how much better only time will tell. I hope they have improved their after sales service cause that is where TATA needs to do some serious thinking. An extended warranty fo 2 years however is a good start by TATA and kudos to them for the same. I am sure that in the next 6 -7 months there will be a huge number of reviewers from TBHP and elsewhere and we will have more than enough info on "actual" real life behaviour of the VISTA.This will help potential buyers even more.
Old 10th September 2008, 09:33   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Swift has better build quality as compared to indica - Maruti has more "finesse" in building cars, compared with Tata's
If by build quality, you mean plastic, maybe. I've sat on my indica's hood and nothing happened . A basketball fell on a friend's swifts hood and it got dented! I think there are enough threads here documenting the swift's sheet metal strength.

Having said that , the sheet metal isn't what holds the cars together, and both cars seem to be strong enough to protect their occupants in the event of most crashes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks