Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 09:38   #121
BHPian

not available online yet. appeared in anniv edition, picked up the day it was released to read Qjet review .

have posted summary in 'the new Indica Vista thread'
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Does anyone has a link for that?
Old 10th September 2008, 13:30   #122
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Tata's solidity in sheet metal compared with Maruti is one thing. Marutis are generally designed to crumple in the event of impact, thereby protecting the occupants. Tata's also have paid a lot of heed to safety and the protection of the occupants.

But the point I made in reply to Nikunj's post is while the VISTA is a lovely car and indeed I wish to buy it, I still would say that overall, Maruti has more "finesse" in building cars than Tata's have at the moment.

However, this is not to say that the Tata's wont catch up - with their demonstrably good attitude towards consumers (especially evident these last couple of years), I am sure they will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
If by build quality, you mean plastic, maybe. I've sat on my indica's hood and nothing happened . A basketball fell on a friend's swifts hood and it got dented! I think there are enough threads here documenting the swift's sheet metal strength.

Having said that , the sheet metal isn't what holds the cars together, and both cars seem to be strong enough to protect their occupants in the event of most crashes
Old 10th September 2008, 14:12   #123
BHPian

The sheet metal toughness is very much required in today's traffic. Imagine getting dents with basketballs as greenhorn stated. Thats why the amby still remains supreme with time. ITs simple pig iron body but its very strong
Old 16th September 2008, 19:02   #124
Senior - BHPian

I saw it

I finally go the chance to see the Vista. It just blazed past me on the highway.

Overall it was disappointing. It comes across as an Indica facelift and not like a brand new platform. The size was the most disappointing thing. Its smaller than the Swift. My wait for my perfect car still continues
Old 16th September 2008, 20:12   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
The size was the most disappointing thing. Its smaller than the Swift. My wait for my perfect car still continues
Smaller than the swift? In what way? The specs say that the vista is longer, taller and almost as wide..
Old 16th September 2008, 20:14   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Smaller than the swift? In what way? The specs say that the vista is longer, taller and almost as wide..
You see what you WANT to see. Simple.
Old 16th September 2008, 21:26   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
You see what you WANT to see. Simple.
Not only that. He saw it while it blazed past. What details do you think could have been noticed.

I think he just made up his mind.. No offense.
Old 16th September 2008, 21:32   #128
BHPian

Maybe it's because of the Swift's body structure (the curves at the front and back). Maybe that lady looks more plump than she actually is !
Old 16th September 2008, 21:48   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Overall it was disappointing. It comes across as an Indica facelift and not like a brand new platform. The size was the most disappointing thing. Its smaller than the Swift. My wait for my perfect car still continues
Am kinda surprised as i feel it looks taller,bigger and heavier than swift from every angle.
Old 17th September 2008, 10:15   #130
BHPian

Quote:
I finally go the chance to see the Vista. It just blazed past me on the highway.

Thats all i can say.
Old 17th September 2008, 10:32   #131
BHPian

Quote:

Please dont end up to conclusions like these when you did not even had an eyeful of Vista. Take a Test Drive or atleast go through this thread from A to Z.
Old 17th September 2008, 13:32   #132
BHPian

I saw a Vista from inside yesterday. It is definitely more roomy than my Swift. My impression was the overall "Tata" feel of the car has reduced to a great extent. But definitely the feelgood feeling which comes in Swift was not in Vista . The central console does look good.

As an aside, lot of initial review have been harping about the fact that a centrally mounted console improves visibility. IMHO there is hardly any difference in visibility in a front mounted console and a centrally mounted console. It, however, does give a different look
Old 18th September 2008, 10:02   #133
BHPian

Well, many people crib about the centre console. There is nothing wrong with it as some one indicated that even our good old amby had centre mounted meters
Old 18th September 2008, 10:44   #134
BHPian

I personally feel the center console is neither an advantage nor a disadvantage. But you are right, there were a lot of people dismissing the car outright without even seeing how the center console works and what it feels like during an actual drive.

If it was a Toyota Yaris, for example that was launched instead, people would have been going head over heels to praise the 'revolutionary' design, and I daresay Toyota marketing brochures could have mentioned it as a killer feature of the car and the very same people would have been saying how great and improved it is over a normal console.
Old 18th September 2008, 15:09   #135
BHPian

went for a test-drive today, a short ten minute ride, partly driving and partly rear seat.
Driving is smooth, first time I have taken a diesel CRDI. Almost like a petrol, with good torque.
Suspension very good, tending to be little bouncy at the back, but just a little.

Fit and finish exterior is fine, in the interior the plastic edges are a bit sharp if one looks closely.
I drove a top-end model. Found the centre console nothing too remarkable, and in fact there was an irritating reflection off the windshield onto the speedometer glass. Spacious enough at back, and the boot is passable for a premium hatch. Getz is bigger at the back and in the boot.
Compared to the Getz? doesn't really make me want to change.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks