Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2008, 21:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

@ SHANKAR
Nice music system position - but I think a steering mounted remote could be added (after market).

Do you agree like most people think the system needs an upgrade?.

7.Thoughtful placement of Power Window switches etc - much more comfortable to operate than the older V2 DLG Turbo etc.

Many people have found the Power window switches of inferior quality, did you felt so?

Last edited by harry10 : 29th August 2008 at 21:42.
Old 29th August 2008, 21:38   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Do you agree like most people that the system needs an upgrade?.
I think universal audio system remotes are available.
Old 29th August 2008, 21:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I think universal audio system remotes are available.
I meant The HU and Speaker upgrade!
Old 30th August 2008, 13:03   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

@zappo - my dad's current april 2006 indica dlg v2 turbo has a squashy gearbox. also a highly elastic springy clutch which can irritate on longer drives. But this new vista gearbox and clutch are pretty much as refined as many petrol cars! It is a very good vehicle which is why I want Dad to test drive it tomorrow/ monday and see for himself before we decide to buy it for him.
@Dieselfan - i drove the car just a few km - however -I found the car to handle very well- i would even compare it easily to our Swift which is an Lxi Petrol, because it is actually that responsive - it could benefit from bigger tyres though. Braking is also perfectly cool in normal city situations. I found it a very nice car to drive. No funny business at all!
@harry10 - For me/ my dad I think we would be pretty satisfied with the existing music system in the vehicle. But we would certainly buy and add a steering remote as it is very useful. And I think the Power window switches mounted on the arm rests are perfectly good ones. I have no complaints about them at all.
@anjan_c2007 - Unfortunately pal, no ABS - even I would like ABS on the Top end Variant but who knows, by the time we are ready to buy this car it may be offered.
Old 30th August 2008, 14:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Many people have found the Power window switches of inferior quality, did you felt so?
inferior in what way? they look like typical power window switches and feel comfortable to operate! in my opinion people crib about things like power window switches only for the sake of mentioning at least one negative point - cannot digest any continuous praise of Tata you see!

does it have to crafted in gold or anything to get some grudging approval? even then many would crib about typical Tata's cheapness in providing 22K gold instead of 24K
Old 30th August 2008, 15:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

and here's today's Dhingra report. The car has gone for demo to some key account with some deputy manager so no TDs today! Maybe at 530, Saar!

Tata needs to wipe this sorry excuse of a dealer off the face of Gurgaon.

Like I said before, he's a reason the Vista/Palio will sell lesser than they could!
Old 30th August 2008, 15:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
inferior in what way? they look like typical power window switches and feel comfortable to operate!
Yeah - the quality of power window switches can cause a person NOT to buy the car. Especially in a country where people would much rather squeeze themselves into cramped interiors for the rest of their life than operate inferior switches We are a very picky people.

Last edited by Steeroid : 30th August 2008 at 15:15.
Old 30th August 2008, 15:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
and here's today's Dhingra report. The car has gone for demo to some key account with some deputy manager so no TDs today! Maybe at 530, Saar!

Tata needs to wipe this sorry excuse of a dealer off the face of Gurgaon.

Like I said before, he's a reason the Vista/Palio will sell lesser than they could!
No test drive Swift diesel vehicles in Bangalore Maruti dealers. Does that reduce the sales of Swift diesel? Yeah, right. That attitude was bad, but any sort of conclusion on sale is inappropriate. I'm more positive that people will buy Vista for the sheer space and now a good engine. Yes, I agree, team bhpians will search for more reasons to select a car. But we are just a few of the buyers.
Old 30th August 2008, 15:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Steer, nice point. But then again, my brother was stuck with a Xeta whose AC conked off courtesy some wiring short which Vivek couldn't debug - and in one of their debugging sessions, the power window system conked off as well.

And since debugging sessions happen only on weekdays, not weekends - he underwent almost a week in typical Delhi april heat.

Yes, the dealer matters.

and opendro, search my posts with the word dhingra. There are guys who moved on from swift seeing the swift diesel buying pains/experience.

Last edited by phamilyman : 30th August 2008 at 15:37.
Old 30th August 2008, 15:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Once in a friends swift, the windows stopped opening and closing altogether.
We were making jokes about not being able to open or close windows ( we were all IT types in the car ) , when the comically obvious solution hit us!
once we shut down the car and started it again, it actually worked
Sometimes the truth is stranger than bad jokes

Last edited by greenhorn : 30th August 2008 at 15:50.
Old 30th August 2008, 15:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Steer, nice point. But then again, my brother was stuck with a Xeta whose AC conked off courtesy some wiring short which Vivek couldn't debug - and in one of their debugging sessions, the power window system conked off as well.
Errr...whats your point?
Old 30th August 2008, 17:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

My point was as written - the dealer matters a lot. Even more important than the manufacturer at times.

I'd much rather be in a Maruti with dealers that are much better (I know atleast one) than have more space in an Indica if the service center guys are a bunch of jokers.
Old 30th August 2008, 17:28   #28
BANNED

Hmm.. lots of thumbs up for the Vista. I will try to take a TD soon to check it out.
Old 30th August 2008, 17:52   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

CtrlAltDel - I agree with your rhetorical sounding question.

Some points below:
The vista switches and controls are as good or as bad as any other vehicle in its segment. Indeed the quality and finish has shown huge improvement over time.

Moreover, the vehicle comes at a highly attractive price tag given the features and fiddly bits that Tatas always provide; The Tata people have certainly done a lot to iron out the glitches which were there in the earlier versions of the Indica. They have learned whats needed over time and every time have invested in improvements - why else so many variants and upgrades in this reasonable span of time? That is a first class attitude from a manufacturer and I salute them for the same, as a consumer!

And I think I am safe in saying that no longer does one have to wait for Tatas to get things right over time, and then plump one's dosh down and buy their cars! This may have been the case in the late '90's but ten plus years down, I dont think it holds true any longer! If it did, the Taxi companies, who are a highly VFM savvy, value driven bunch, wouldnt blindly buy Indicas the way they currently do! And thank goodness the VISTA is streets above the regular indica so my friends at LOGAN had better watch out! If Tata pops up with a CS version of this, then there are interesting times ahead.

Personally I always think the cribbers will always crib and let them be- there are always people who cannot appreciate good efforts - we see such creatures daily at our work places and I for one, treat them with the disdain they deserve!

And just because this car is Indian, there are our pet hot air bags who write for some of the car magazines who have no other work than to be disparaging and make scathing remarks - more often than not, trying to use language which sounds highly contrived and wannabe and trying to show off their command over the English language and again more often than not, tripping their silly selves up!

better always for any prospective buyer to make up his/ her mind by testing the vehicle with his/ her family and then putting money down.

As a TBHP colleague of all of you other members, I have tried to be fair and unbiased in my evaluation of the VISTA, based on my own particular needs/ family needs - and I think these needs are pretty common to normal working people of a certain segment across India. I hope it helps them!

Like I said in my review, I believe in the TATA INDICA VISTA "promise" and I am putting my money down on this, provided that my Mum and Dad are happy with the idea.

The interesting thing for you all to know is that I personally am a FIRM Believer in Mahindra's for SUV's/Jeeps/4WDs and so on, based on personal experience, as I have proudly stated on many other threads on this site. I continue that belief. However, as far as their cars go, I ve spent hard earned money on a Tata Indica DLG Turbo too. So far my Mum and Dad AND me and wifey are highly content with that vehicle and thats why I believe this one, the VISTA is a sensible next step for my folks in refinement and comfort which will benefit them.

Let the world do and say whatever they want - I ve always made my own road and so it shall continue!

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
inferior in what way? they look like typical power window switches and feel comfortable to operate! in my opinion people crib about things like power window switches only for the sake of mentioning at least one negative point - cannot digest any continuous praise of Tata you see!

does it have to crafted in gold or anything to get some grudging approval? even then many would crib about typical Tata's cheapness in providing 22K gold instead of 24K

Last edited by shankar.balan : 30th August 2008 at 18:01.
Old 30th August 2008, 18:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
As a TBHP colleague of all of you other members, I have tried to be fair and unbiased in my evaluation of the VISTA, based on my own particular needs/ family needs - and I think these needs are pretty common to normal working people of a certain segment across India. I hope it helps them!
Shankar, I found this to be a crisp, objective & helpful review even though I'm not planning to buy a Vista. Thanks!
Quote:
Despite a good possibility of getting the first lot, I am going ahead with my Swift VDi purchase. The fellows at Dhingra are still nincompoops. Despite queues for TDs, the Vista was out for service today. Almost all day. Dhingra was the reason I ditched the palio, Dhingra is the reason Vista is not my cup of tea. if only Samyak/Elegant was close by ... !!
Hitanshu, you have to get out of the Dhingra syndrome - there is a life beyond Dhingra you know. Get the TD from any of the other innumerable dealers in the NCR. Alternatively, try & sacrifice your Office for a few hours on a weekday morning, go to Dhingra & get that Test Drive over & done with.

Trust me, good sales & good AFTER sales do not necessarily follow each other. LOL. And careful - there are warning signs of developing High BP at a young age - not good

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks