Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2008, 00:43   #136
BHPian

Paprika Red is a stunner followed by morello and panther black plus even diamond white is not bad in flesh.
Old 2nd December 2008, 18:01   #137
BHPian

I plan to book the car sometime by march next year, but the dealer claims that this is an introductory price and the car will get dearer by 15 - 20 k.

I don't think I should buy his point (with the recessions et al) , but wanted everyone's views here as well
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:02   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4strings View Post
I plan to book the car sometime by march next year, but the dealer claims that this is an introductory price and the car will get dearer by 15 - 20 k.

I don't think I should buy his point (with the recessions et al) , but wanted everyone's views here as well
Are there any other cars in your consideration alongside? I have Td this and IMO its an ok engine but the car overall is way below par, the plastics used are the worst i had seen till date in any ford car.
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:07   #139
tez
BHPian

test drove the new ikon diesel and here are my observations
1. Less or no turbo lag. Engine did not feel sluggish.
2. Brakes were decent. Stomped on them when doing 80 and the brakes did not lock.
3. I did feel slight vibration in gear knob. This was not there in other car i had test driven. The sales guy gives some reason that this is cable actuated and blah blah...
4. NVH levels were at par with vista. Nothing to write about.
5. Absence of tilt steering made my entry and exit difficult.
6. Absence of remote boot release and tube less tyres.
In short after corporate discount it was 5.69 OTR in PCMC area in pune. A good price for a 3-box sedan.
The sales person said that approximate cost per 10k servicing should be around 2600Rs. Sounds good if this is true.
Will i buy this car? Hmm still to decide between getz and ikon diesel now. Vista is out, palio is out.

Last edited by tez : 2nd December 2008 at 19:08.
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:13   #140
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If you aren't in a hurry, then no harm in waiting. Even if the price does increase, you would still have some discounts at your disposal.
Old 3rd December 2008, 17:20   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Are there any other cars in your consideration alongside? I have Td this and IMO its an ok engine but the car overall is way below par, the plastics used are the worst i had seen till date in any ford car.
@ Harry10 -- I have been researching for over a year. This is my first car and I will look at retaining it for a while. Honestly am not worried about the plastics.. All I need is a great car to drive (hooked onto common rail Diesel for its torque), and my wife is looking for a spacious car that comes with a boot. I don't think there is a better bet in this segment @ 6L OTR, Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
If you aren't in a hurry, then no harm in waiting. Even if the price does increase, you would still have some discounts at your disposal.
@ Benbsb29 -- Thanks for the suggestion, its just that I shouldn't suffer from post purchase dissonance .. that I got it but it was more expensive.
Old 3rd December 2008, 22:59   #142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@ Benbsb29 -- Thanks for the suggestion, its just that I shouldn't suffer from post purchase dissonance .. that I got it but it was more expensive.
Unfortunately, this is something we can only hope does not happen, but there never is guarantee against it. Going by history, we can assume that costs will increase, but would be offset by discounts that are offerred in order to push sales. This is resorted to by all manufacturers.
Old 3rd December 2008, 23:22   #143
Senior - BHPian

@4strings-
Check out the Fiesta price cuts. As its a better option than Ikon anyday IMO.
Old 4th December 2008, 02:31   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
test drove the new ikon diesel and here are my observations
Surprised that Swift VDI didn't figured in your list. Ikon needs some serious body upgrades.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th December 2008 at 21:10. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 4th December 2008, 10:03   #145
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshiv View Post
Surprised that Swift VDI didn't figured in your list. Ikon needs some serious body upgrades.
rshiv, atleast 3 months waiting for vdi in pune pushed it out of my options list.
Old 4th December 2008, 11:59   #146
BHPian

Yesterday we checked the New Ikon, and certain things I noticed were:

1. The door trims and seat fabric were of good quality. The material they've used on the door was leather-finish, but washable.
2. The back seats are comfortable and are much more spacious than the swift. 3 people can travel in comfort. But they don't have head-rests. The current head-rests will support only your neck. There's no way to fix head-rests to the seats, either. The seats have good thigh support, and is not too upright also.
3. No boot opener
4. Steering is not adjustable, but it felt very nice
5. The interior is roomy. A big plus over the Swift
6. The doors closed with a notable 'thud'.
7. The boot is big [400 ltrs]
8. Fog lamps are standard
9. The instrument cluster feels very poor compared to the Fiesta's.
10. The dash didn't look much classy
11. No ABS option

Though some of these are a bit disappointing, it promises to continue as the choice of car for the driver and the rear seat passengers alike. We booked it yesterday.

The OTR in Cochin with 4yrs/ 1,50000 kms extended warranty was 5.9L for the 1.4 Diesel. I think there's a 30K price hike in January.
Old 4th December 2008, 12:01   #147
Senior - BHPian

Go for Ikon.

You can find ikons that have done lakh plus and still silent cabin, non rattling etyadi.

There's a peace of mind that comes with a Ford - which I can't say about a Tata. And since you save anyways 50-70k over a decent comparable non-rattling sedan, consider that an investment against the future spares post extended warranty
Old 4th December 2008, 12:26   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Go for Ikon.
And this coming from someone who already owns a VDi. Appreciate the honesty.
Old 4th December 2008, 16:18   #149
BHPian

Haven't been able to tak a TD yet. As its year end, for sure i do not see a sincere TD rounds of potential models happening soon and then the terror attacks have mellow down the enthusiasm to head out to showroom for some engine ripping act.

But how do you all rate Ikon over swift after considering the fact that Ford - U.S. a potential among the list of comapnies on the edge of bankruptcy???
Old 4th December 2008, 21:49   #150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
Though some of these are a bit disappointing, it promises to continue as the choice of car for the driver and the rear seat passengers alike. We booked it yesterday.
Congrats Joe. Which color did you book, and when is the car expected to be delivered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshladha View Post
But how do you all rate Ikon over swift after considering the fact that Ford - U.S. a potential among the list of comapnies on the edge of bankruptcy???
Among the Big 3, Ford has the best chances of bouncing back, and the other fact being that they wont let these go down. The carrot has been dangled for these to nibble on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks