Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2008, 11:47   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
akshladha : I must say i still miss the chrome grill compared to the new facelift. I wish they had not done the face lift and just simply introduced the diesel variant!
I guess you should be able to find someone with whom you can swap the bonnet & the front bumper !
Old 21st November 2008, 13:26   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Thanks for the compliment about the color. I had opted for the Blast Pack for the Ikon from the dealer, which was at Rs.20,000/-. It included the following :
*leather vinyl seat covers,
*Autocop Cobra remote locking and anti-theft,
*Antenna,
*Kenwood MP3 player and speakers.

As for a pic, unfortunately, i dont have a better pic with me right now. Here is how it looks like, although the subject of this pic was supposed to be the crack on the windscreen. If you are really interested, i can take and post some better snaps over the weekend.
I guess that was the offer available here too. I would cross check again with Ford guys here again.

Would be great if you could send few pics of interior both front seats and the back ones. Wouldn't be an issue if happens by weekend. Would like to check the fitting. They look the same as my friend had got for his ikon. They were all black and amazin fit. He is in US, else i would have managed few pics of his car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I guess you should be able to find someone with whom you can swap the bonnet & the front bumper !
Well, in that case i'll try striking a deal with the dealer himself if he plans to swap it with one of his old stocks!!!!! Would save him from stock clearence at throw away price for atleast one.

But i still haven't checked the new facelift personally. TD due, would happen post 24th only, till my bro exams are on. Then i can foresee me spendin the whole weekend in different showrooms taking test drives for my new car.
Old 21st November 2008, 14:39   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshladha View Post
I guess that was the offer available here too. I would cross check again with Ford guys here again.
From what i remember, this has been the standard package since quite a few years. Do recheck, though.

Quote:
Would be great if you could send few pics of interior both front seats and the back ones. Wouldn't be an issue if happens by weekend. Would like to check the fitting. They look the same as my friend had got for his ikon. They were all black and amazin fit. He is in US, else i would have managed few pics of his car.
Shall put up pics on the weekend on this thread.
Old 21st November 2008, 18:09   #124
Team-BHP Support

By Demand - Interior pics from my Ikon

Quote:
Would be great if you could send few pics of interior both front seats and the back ones. Wouldn't be an issue if happens by weekend. Would like to check the fitting.
Here are the pics i had promised.

Pics from a 2 year old car.

FRONT

Ford Ikon TDCi Test Drive Report-img_3349.jpg

Ford Ikon TDCi Test Drive Report-img_3350.jpg

REAR

Ford Ikon TDCi Test Drive Report-img_3344.jpg

Ford Ikon TDCi Test Drive Report-img_3351.jpg
Old 21st November 2008, 19:13   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Accessories list, at BLR:

Remote Locking : 3490
Essential Pack - Rubber : 1865
Essential Pack -Carpet : 1963
Spoiler : 10k !!
Exhaust Trim : 882
Chrome Exhaust Trim : 1040
Body Cover : 2117
Ariel Rod & Base : 1078
Long Stalk Reading Lamp : 540
Reverse Warning Sensor : 2350
Puncture Repair Kit : 956
Kenwood HU (MP3 + Aux) : 9070

Wonder if that Puncture repair Kit is for a tube-less or a tube-type tyre. Esp when they are not even providing Tube-less tyres.

Last edited by condor : 21st November 2008 at 19:16.
Old 21st November 2008, 19:15   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

heh heh well I got to see and experience them first hand today
Old 22nd November 2008, 10:43   #127
BHPian

Quote:

Hey thanks. That was quick!!!!!

Were there any color options available too? These were the same fits that my friend had got. Full black.

Well i was thnking if the new interiors are biege, dark choclate brown seats would look amazing. I kinda have a fetish for that color since i had seen them in a 7 series with color nearly same of yours. What you say?

The one thing i really didnt like about Ikon is the inside door pannels. They really make it look a poor man's car. Some work should have been done by ford on them, specially the door lever and the front speaker arrangement.
Old 22nd November 2008, 13:25   #128
BHPian

@benbsb29.Very good maintainance of the car.

Any specific interior cleaning that you get it done or is it that you maintain it yourself.
Old 22nd November 2008, 18:44   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The one thing i really didnt like about Ikon is the inside door pannels. They really make it look a poor man's car. Some work should have been done by ford on them, specially the door lever and the front speaker arrangement.
I think i can live with these door panels. Psst.. did you check out the Logan's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
@benbsb29.Very good maintainance of the car.

Any specific interior cleaning that you get it done or is it that you maintain it yourself.
Thanks zen91. Nothing other than regular cleaning and maintenance by myself.
Old 22nd November 2008, 19:40   #130
BHPian

Quote:
I think i can live with these door panels. Psst.. did you check out the Logan's?
Logan is an ideal cab car, with the the boot space and the room for 3 behind. I drove it, but it didn't feel like loaded with features like power stearing. And on it the driver's seating is so upright.

I was surprised when Logan was launched and mahindra-renault actually avoided white color production to discourage its use as cabs. Its is true sense a poor man's sedan and ideal for cabs.
Old 22nd November 2008, 21:48   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
benbsb29 : Condor, take a look at Audiophile's gallery to see how good an upsized wheel would look. .
Had a quick look at @Sanju.Sreekumar's car today. Very nice alloys on 14" / 185's. And an orangish-copperish color painting of the brake drums. Very neatly done.

Quote:
akshladha : Well i was thnking if the new interiors are biege, dark choclate brown seats would look amazing.
Dark / Chocolate brown is definitely worth a try. May be a combination of that with cream/beige color (dardker than the stock beige). Also, the dash is that brownish color.

The ones with the dealers dont seem to be with out any combinations.

Quote:
benbsb29 : What about the bonnet then?
He will need to swap the bonnet also - that's why I had mentioned bonnet & bumper.
Old 23rd November 2008, 12:25   #132

ben, pathfinder, vaspro ..thanks for the inputs guys . makes my decision between the new and old (chrome-grilled) easier .
...the funny part is after bargaining with all most all of the various dealers i've realised that for some reason they ain't too keen on too heavy a discount on the older flair , although they start at different discont levels all of em' come down to a OTR of 4.85 and then don't budge a rupee...it like a standard of 45k discount on 5.30 list price!
...My point being the car will be if not already out of production soon and in a months time an out of production AND an year old...i doubt there are many chrome-grill loyalists out there to purchase these older models so effectively it will become very difficult for these to sell ...still no more discounts!!

PS- i posted a reply a few days earlier as well but for some reason i don't see it on the thread ...any clues moderators ??

Thanks Guys .
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:46   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
pavthebiker : .. makes my decision between the new and old (chrome-grilled) easier .
@Pavthebiker, make sure you have checked & compared the braking between these two versions. Ford says that the braking has been improved on the new version.
Old 23rd November 2008, 16:18   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Pavthebiker, make sure you have checked & compared the braking between these two versions. Ford says that the braking has been improved on the new version.
During my test drive on the TDCi, I did feel that the braking had been improved. Felt more certain. I didnt slam the brakes from any high speeds though to check the difference. Didnt have the heart to do that on a car which had just run 180 odd kms.

@Pav : Keep up the pressure on those guys, and they may just relent further. Make it clear you DO NOT want the newer version.
Old 23rd November 2008, 22:09   #135

colors

Colors on new ikon
Ford Ikon TDCi Test Drive Report-ikon_tdci_colors.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks