Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2008, 22:44   #151
BHPian

Hi,

I was considering Ford Ikon-D. Was reading the other day that the new Iknon has fiesta's engine? is that true? can any one tell me whats the Avg of new Ford Ikon-D.

Also I would like to know if any offer is there on ford ikon-D, as its year end now.

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th December 2008, 22:51   #152
BHPian

Yes Tarun the New Ford Ikon does have the Fiestas heart/engine and you can expect anywhere between 16-20kmpl milage, Theres currently no offers on the Ikon cause as it is its priced at rock bottom in the Swift VXi range
Old 5th December 2008, 01:44   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
YTheres currently no offers on the Ikon cause as it is its priced at rock bottom in the Swift VXi range
Its priced almost same as Swift VDi.
Old 5th December 2008, 10:12   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Congrats Joe. Which color did you book, and when is the car expected to be delivered?
We asked for the Morello, but they said it may take some time because it has higher demand. So if it is not available, they'll give us the Platinum. The car was for my friend, and he had acquaintance with the sales manager. He has promised to deliver the car at the earliest, but no exact date given yet. We expect it in 2-3 weeks.
Old 5th December 2008, 10:38   #155
BHPian

BTW, can we use the Pete's tuning box for the Fiesta diesel in Ikon-D also? Not planning seriously now, but in case the 68 Bhp feels 'not enough' . . .

Since Ikon weighs about 150 kg lesser than the Fiesta, I expect the mileage and acceleration to be slightly better than the latter.
Old 5th December 2008, 11:41   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
We asked for the Morello, but they said it may take some time because it has higher demand. So if it is not available, they'll give us the Platinum. The car was for my friend, and he had acquaintance with the sales manager. He has promised to deliver the car at the earliest, but no exact date given yet. We expect it in 2-3 weeks.
Look at how contrasting the inputs given by different dealers are! Some other dealer said Morello was a rare color, and hence produced in lower numbers, while this one says the opposite.

As for the delivery date, i have a feeling it could take even longer.
Old 5th December 2008, 22:21   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
The OTR in Cochin with 4yrs/ 1,50000 kms extended warranty was 5.9L for the 1.4 Diesel. I think there's a 30K price hike in January.

Hi, wanted to know if someone has anecdotally mentioned this to you or has it come from an authentic source ? Thanks
Old 6th December 2008, 08:20   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

@4Strings, I too have been told the same by the dealer here in BLR.
Old 6th December 2008, 16:34   #159
BHPian

Had been to a SR here in Chandigarh (Saluja Ford Ind Area), but I think all these paper Ad showing fiesta for 5.29L is all to bring customers to the showroom. Here the Ad had came just 2 days back, and yesterday when I visited the SR, they said that offer is closed now as all stock was sold. I fell these car companies have started this new catch to get a customer to there SR.

Then i asked about Ikon, and got a reply that Ikon has a waiting of around 1.5 months. So if I book the car today, I will get the delivery by the end of Jan-2009, and more over he told me that the price are going up from Jan-2009 (around 25-30k). He told me even if I book today I have to pay the price which would be in the Month of Jan-2009. I was really thinking to go for Ikon as the price of swift Vdi and Ikon Diesel is some what same. But now Bye bye Ford Ikon.

Shame Ford India - For making fool of customers.

I am even going to send a mail to Ford India today.

Do share your thoughts on the same topic.
Old 6th December 2008, 18:03   #160
BHPian

[quote=tarunmadhok;1081885]Had been to a SR here in Chandigarh (Saluja Ford Ind Area), but I think all these paper Ad showing fiesta for 5.29L is all to bring customers to the showroom. Here the Ad had came just 2 days back, and yesterday when I visited the SR, they said that offer is closed now as all stock was sold. I fell these car companies have started this new catch to get a customer to there SR.

I guess this offer from Ford was on the stock available at the dealers.

When I had called up the Ford dealer here in Hyderabad,the representative had mentioned that the offer is on the 30 vehicles which are in stock with them.

Ford must be liquidating all 2008 model vehicles at a reduced price due fall in their sales for the month of November and anticipating a further fall in sales for the month of December'08.
Old 6th December 2008, 23:22   #161
BHPian

[quote=zen91;1081955]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post
Had been to a SR here in Chandigarh (Saluja Ford Ind Area), but I think all these paper Ad showing fiesta for 5.29L is all to bring customers to the showroom. Here the Ad had came just 2 days back, and yesterday when I visited the SR, they said that offer is closed now as all stock was sold. I fell these car companies have started this new catch to get a customer to there SR.

I guess this offer from Ford was on the stock available at the dealers.

When I had called up the Ford dealer here in Hyderabad,the representative had mentioned that the offer is on the 30 vehicles which are in stock with them.

Ford must be liquidating all 2008 model vehicles at a reduced price due fall in their sales for the month of November and anticipating a further fall in sales for the month of December'08.
I dont think so, here i was told that the SR which I had visited was given just 3 feista cars.
Old 7th December 2008, 09:45   #162
BHPian

No Adjustable Steering, Not fit for tall Drivers

Ben and All,

Finally yesterday I got some time to check the new Ikon at Lathangi Ford. Looks and interiors are pretty ok. Didn't took test drives as many of my friends in and out of T-BHP had it already. Still had a look by sitting on the driver seat and this is the first time I am watching an Ikon so closely.

But when I sat on the driver seat, I have concluded that this is not the vehicle for me atleast. I am 6"4' tall and the steering colums actually on my thighs and not able to take turn easily. My suggestion to tall guys, consider Ikon, only after it has the tiltable steering.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 7th December 2008, 17:19   #163
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
But when I sat on the driver seat, I have concluded that this is not the vehicle for me atleast. I am 6"4' tall and the steering colums actually on my thighs and not able to take turn easily. My suggestion to tall guys, consider Ikon, only after it has the tiltable steering.
Rajesh, did you try sitting/driving with the driver's seat pushed back? A lot of people including myself use the Ikon with the seat pushed back. You could try that option if thats the only thing bothering you. Else, there are always other options. No point living with something if you dont like it.

All the best buddy.
Old 7th December 2008, 19:24   #164
BHPian

Does the new ikon comes with a music system ? Dec ACI road test shows the same but when i checked with dealer they said it does not have a music system
Old 7th December 2008, 19:27   #165
Team-BHP Support

@bullboy: Nopes, there is no music system as standard. However, the dealer may fit one on the test drive vehicle. The one which i test drove had one, IIRC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks