Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 20:37   #901
J.Ravi

Different alloy wheels are seen in Tuscan Wine Fiat Linea.

Old 4th June 2010, 22:04   #902
BHPian

its the emotion with a wheel cover as seen regularly on any linea emotion
Old 5th June 2010, 01:57   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Different alloy wheels are seen in Tuscan Wine Fiat Linea.
Emotion Diesel doesnt come with Alloy wheels. For diesel model, only Emotion Pack has Alloys.

What you see in the picture is the Diesel emotion version which has steel wheels with cover.
Old 5th June 2010, 07:54   #904
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone compared 85 bhp Linea diesel and the new 92 bhp one back to back? Is there a perceptible change in the performance?
Old 5th June 2010, 09:15   #905
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
its the emotion with a wheel cover as seen regularly on any linea emotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
What you see in the picture is the Diesel emotion version which has steel wheels with cover.
Thanks, vigneshram and bnzjon. On the second look, I got it!

Old 26th June 2010, 22:52   #906
Distinguished - BHPian

A couple of questions to all Linea owners:

1. Does Linea have variable intermittent speed for wipers? I mean, can you change the frequency of wipes in the intermittent mode?
2. I read somewhere that for Emotion Pack models, when music system is playing music from a connected USB device, only the controls on the steering wheel work (e.g. next track, previous track etc.) and the controls on the HU don't work. Is this true?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
-AD
Old 26th June 2010, 23:40   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post

2. I read somewhere that for Emotion Pack models, when music system is playing music from a connected USB device, only the controls on the steering wheel work (e.g. next track, previous track etc.) and the controls on the HU don't work. Is this true?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
-AD
I own a Fiat Punto Emotion Pack and yes, the controls on the head-unit won't work when you play music from USB :(. So i hope that it will be the same for Linea too.

Regards
Amith
Old 28th July 2010, 14:07   #908
Senior - BHPian

3 days back while looking at a fiat linea, i came across these stickers atop the front seats. it was a brand new fresh stock car inside the showroom.

it has left me baffled...what does this mean?

TJC=tata johnson controls.
Attached Thumbnails
The Fiat Linea test drive thread-photo0306.jpg  

The Fiat Linea test drive thread-photo0307.jpg  

Old 28th July 2010, 15:27   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Has anyone compared 85 bhp Linea diesel and the new 92 bhp one back to back? Is there a perceptible change in the performance?
Not done an immediate back to back, but did a TD on both before finalising on Fiesta 1.6S. Not really felt any change in it.
Old 6th November 2010, 12:21   #910
Senior - BHPian

Don't know if you guys have seen this already, but i am bowled over by the drop dead gorgeous looks of this kitted Linea.

(Please move to appropriate thread if needed)
Attached Thumbnails
The Fiat Linea test drive thread-linea_1.jpg  

The Fiat Linea test drive thread-linea_2.jpg  

The Fiat Linea test drive thread-linea_3.jpg  

DRIV3R is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2010, 20:12   #911
Senior - BHPian

Linea has Speed sensitive front wipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post

1. Does Linea have variable intermittent speed for wipers? I mean, can you change the frequency of wipes in the intermittent mode?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
-AD
My answers:

Ans1: Linea has "Speed Sensitive Front Wipers". It means that when the front wipers are wiping in Intermittent mode, their wipe frequency adjusts automatically depending upon the speed of the car.

Ans2: Yes, it is true. It is because of the fact that when we play music via the USB device, the songs play in Microsoft Media Player of the Microsoft Blue&Me system. So you can control the player through the Blue&Me buttons on the steering.

HU has no role in controlling the Media Player except general audio settings. You can still control volume, equalizer settings, loudness etc. from the HU.
Old 6th November 2010, 20:30   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
3 days back while looking at a fiat linea, i came across these stickers atop the front seats. it was a brand new fresh stock car inside the showroom.

it has left me baffled...what does this mean?

TJC=tata johnson controls.
It shows that Fiat is getting components like seats from TATA.I have noted that some of the initial niggles of Fiat cars were similar to the problems I had faced in the Indica.Some of the Fiat's quality problems may be due to this TATA parts. TATA Johnson Controls (TJC) Engineering which is a division of TATA Johnson Controls, a 50:50 joint venture between TATA Automotive Components (TACO) and Johnson Controls.

Johnson Controls Inc. | Pune
Old 30th September 2011, 18:46   #913
BHPian

Re: The Fiat Linea test drive thread

Can anybody suggest a way on how/where to buy/get/steal this keyring in Pune or Delhi or any other place in the country. Otherwise I'll have to wait a full year to get it from my friend who returns from UK next year. Anybody?
Please see the link.

Fiat Cube Keyring | Fiat.co.uk/Accessories
Old 7th April 2012, 22:08   #914
BHPian

Team,

Today, in my 2 week old Linea, I noticed that there are some strong vibrations from the engine between 1150 and 1300 rpm (neutral, car stationary). Its strong enough to gently shake the car. The vibes die out as soon as the revs fall or increase beyond the above mentioned band.

Has anyone noticed this in their MJD? What could be the cause for this? Should I be worried? The car runs fine, and the vibes are not felt as much when the car is moving.
Old 7th April 2012, 22:55   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Team,

Today, in my 2 week old Linea, I noticed that there are some strong vibrations from the engine between 1150 and 1300 rpm (neutral, car stationary). Its strong enough to gently shake the car. The vibes die out as soon as the revs fall or increase beyond the above mentioned band.

Has anyone noticed this in their MJD? What could be the cause for this? Should I be worried? The car runs fine, and the vibes are not felt as much when the car is moving.
This is not normal autocrat. I have never encountered this in my Linea. I suggest you to get it checked from a TASS soon.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks