Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2009, 17:10   #826
Senior - BHPian

are you sure Aswin.
I am very keen on Light Blue color.
me and wife were simply fallen in love with Light Blue Linea.
But unfortunately Fiat launched only 4 colors initially.
Old 18th May 2009, 17:39   #827
Senior - BHPian

i am sure

Yes karthik. Seems linea factory is now equipped with robotic arms for painting job. So it seems they are introducing new colours after the grande punto launch. The sales executive who had come to give my rc book told me this.
Old 19th May 2009, 11:50   #828
BHPian

I finally saw a brand new black linea diesel at Dwarka (New Delhi), but it was night so couldn't get a better look.

why are there so few Lineas at Delhi? :( Though the new city's becoming a common site these days.
Old 19th May 2009, 11:56   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalck View Post
I finally saw a brand new black linea diesel at Dwarka (New Delhi), but it was night so couldn't get a better look.

why are there so few Lineas at Delhi? :( Though the new city's becoming a common site these days.
Simply because, before Linea Fiat has a bed reputation. The only reason why it is not seen much on roads.

I have heard people saying after all its a Fiat.

But after Linea, people have started to change their view on Fiat
Old 19th May 2009, 12:11   #830
Senior - BHPian

I like the Linea a good bit despite the space issues at the rear.
Was a bit surprised to see a brand new Linea broken down near Marathalli - it seemed to have red on yellow license plates (TD car ?)

The engine and dicky hoods were open, so couldn't see if it was a multijet or the 1.4 Fire ?
Could be a one-off breakdown, though!
Old 19th May 2009, 13:36   #831
BHPian

I am quite surprised to see how quickly people are ready to bash Fiat be it on build quality issues, engine feeling under powered , A.S.S , etc. As of now I can't comment on my A.S.S experience as the first service is not yet due,but so far the few reviews on A.S.S has been positive - even though it's just the basic first service.The build quality, let me tell you is still solid. I don't care if a little chrome has come off on the quarter glass, all it requires is a little glue. It's not like the doors are falling off. If 90bhp is underpowered for a simple 1.36 FIRE engine then what does one say to the 75bhp earlier Honda City? In any case I don't see any Linea owner as of now having any regrets for having bought the car. Even the ones who have crossed more than 7000kms in 2.5 months. One must remember that it's a fiat diesel tech that powers the Indica quadrajet and the Swift and Dezire

Last edited by pranava999 : 19th May 2009 at 13:42.
Old 19th May 2009, 16:14   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
I am quite surprised to see how quickly people are ready to bash Fiat be it on build quality issues, engine feeling under powered , A.S.S , etc. As of now I can't comment on my A.S.S experience as the first service is not yet due,but so far the few reviews on A.S.S has been positive - even though it's just the basic first service.The build quality, let me tell you is still solid. I don't care if a little chrome has come off on the quarter glass, all it requires is a little glue. It's not like the doors are falling off. If 90bhp is underpowered for a simple 1.36 FIRE engine then what does one say to the 75bhp earlier Honda City? In any case I don't see any Linea owner as of now having any regrets for having bought the car. Even the ones who have crossed more than 7000kms in 2.5 months. One must remember that it's a fiat diesel tech that powers the Indica quadrajet and the Swift and Dezire
That is the way things are. Learn to live with it.

Fiat made and continue to make excellent cars. Their A.S.C.s might not have been good but good independents who can handle the Fiats abound.

Perhaps the bashing is due to a primal human emotion - FEAR!

Cheers,
Old 19th May 2009, 16:18   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
That is the way things are. Learn to live with it.

Fiat made and continue to make excellent cars. Their A.S.C.s might not have been good but good independents who can handle the Fiats abound.

Perhaps the bashing is due to a primal human emotion - FEAR!

Cheers,
I can live with it Rav. otherwise would not have gone in for the Linea despite mass perception and opinions on Fiat. I think one has to give credit where it's due and irrationally not jump the gun

Last edited by pranava999 : 19th May 2009 at 16:21.
Old 19th May 2009, 17:03   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
are you sure Aswin.
I am very keen on Light Blue color.
me and wife were simply fallen in love with Light Blue Linea.
But unfortunately Fiat launched only 4 colors initially.
I too like the light blue on the Linea. The combination of light blue and all that chrome looks great. The Corolla in a similar colour is my favourite.
Old 20th May 2009, 18:51   #835
BHPian

Quote:

saw one more linea yesterday in red, it looked great... looks like things are finally changing.
Old 21st May 2009, 09:22   #836

More horses pulling Linea now

Hi All, We have been talking about this since long but i think this confirmation would be a substantial one. What would be that "Small Permium" lets see.
Please excuse if someone else has already posted this.

Fiat could be introducing more powerful engines for the Linea according to sources. On the cards is a 1.6-litre Multijet diesel producing 118bhp and 30.6kgm of torque and a 1.6-litre petrol that produces 106bhp and 14.7kgm of torque. Both engines could be on sale in India by the end of the year, and a small premium over existing prices can be expected.
07/05/2009

Karim Bhai

Source:
:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 21st May 2009, 13:10   #837
BHPian

1.6 MJD!!! well that's a perfect choice for Linea. Will definitely rock.
Old 21st May 2009, 13:14   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim Bhai View Post
Hi All, We have been talking about this since long but i think this confirmation would be a substantial one. What would be that "Small Permium" lets see.
Please excuse if someone else has already posted this.

Fiat could be introducing more powerful engines for the Linea according to sources. On the cards is a 1.6-litre Multijet diesel producing 118bhp and 30.6kgm of torque and a 1.6-litre petrol that produces 106bhp and 14.7kgm of torque. Both engines could be on sale in India by the end of the year, and a small premium over existing prices can be expected.
07/05/2009

Karim Bhai

Source:
:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
That is one improvement the Linea truly deserves. The 1.6 Multijet will make the Linea a stonker to drive. What else would an enthusiast demand from his car, the Linea would have most grounds covered comprehensively - styling, performance, handling, practicality, gizmos and the ability to bump up performance from 118bhp to probably 140bhp(?) by readily available kits from Pete's,etc. And all this at price that would undercut the Civics and Corollas by a big margin.

And lets not forget the fuel efficiency. I have personally driven my S10 along with a Linea Multijet from Pune to Mumbai after the recent PUG meet at B.U. Bhandari, our cars were being driven at a constant speed of 60-80 kmph in overdrive without the a/c (since it was rather pleasant at 11 pm) and no sudden acceleration whatsover. My 1.6 returned 18.74 kpl!(for the entire trip to and fro,with a/c on fan speed 2 during the drive towards Pune at mid noon) And the Linea? A motorbike defeating 33.XX kmpl !!!. Amazing isn't it? The Linea's MID was displaying this instantaneous fuel consumption figure.

Infact, at the Mumbai-Pune PUG meet, we were promised by Fiat officials that positive response for GP will enable them to think about performance variants in the near future. I am waiting for that very day to pick up my GP.

Last edited by roms : 21st May 2009 at 13:21.
Old 21st May 2009, 15:29   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
33.XX kmpl
Thats whopping huge. Are you joking?. No car can ever give that fuel efficiency on real. May be you have to check manually too sometimes.
Old 21st May 2009, 15:47   #840
BHPian

Quote:
why are there so few Lineas at Delhi?
The car was launched in jan with deliveries taking off by march. Its has sold some 5000K all over india so far. Delhi being such a big city, surely you wont find them all parked outside wherever you are!

At one point of time I was also keenly on the lookout for lineas on the road ( since I am considering the car)not finding any i eventually gave up.

Guess what? Now I see 2-3 on a daily basis!

The Linea is doing well and in due course of time you'll see more of them!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks