Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2009, 16:43   #676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazherr View Post
Hey Guys,
Im eagerly waiting for my Red Linea Emotion + Diesel, this Friday

A big thank you to the Linea owner who shared that, i couldn't quite find you in the many Linea threads, but you know who you are and i owe you a beer anytime your in Mumbai :-)

Thanks

Maz
Congrats Maz
As you are new so just for your info rules in t-bhp do not allow any alcoholic talks and may result in an infraction so avoid it in future.
Cheers and enjoy the drive!
Old 28th March 2009, 12:18   #677
BHPian

To those who are intrested, the White Linea is now available.

Stole a pic from Linea stock yard. could manage only 1.

Enjoy the Black and the white.
Attached Thumbnails
The Fiat Linea test drive thread-imag0019.jpg  

Last edited by Machine freak : 28th March 2009 at 12:37. Reason: Picture was horizontal...
Old 28th March 2009, 12:42   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the White Linea is now available.
I saw a White Linea near Igatpuri yesterday. I am not sure if it was a customer registered car or a showroom one because it was on the other side of the road. From the little that I could see it looked pretty good in white.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:26   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I saw a White Linea near Igatpuri yesterday. I am not sure if it was a customer registered car or a showroom one because it was on the other side of the road. From the little that I could see it looked pretty good in white.

Even Deliveries for the white Linea have started. I called up the dealer we had picked up our Linea from and he said i could come to the showroom and check out the white which was just about to be delivered.
Old 29th March 2009, 11:51   #680

yesteday night I went to B U Bhandari Pune to take a look at minimal grey Linea which I had booked, before RTO passing etc.
Saw a white linea there.
It was beautiful.
Now I am in deep dilemma whether to go for grey or ask them to change my booking to white.
what do you guys think?
Is grey a good colour?
Old 29th March 2009, 13:35   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahshahid View Post
yesteday night I went to B U Bhandari Pune to take a look at minimal grey Linea which I had booked, before RTO passing etc.
Saw a white linea there.
It was beautiful.
Now I am in deep dilemma whether to go for grey or ask them to change my booking to white.
what do you guys think?
Is grey a good colour?
Hi Ahshahid.

I have the minimal grey Linea and i find it the best colour on the Linea. With Black tint s the car looks great.

I m sure the white is good too but if the taxi s start adopting the Linea you might not be very happy with owning the white.
Old 29th March 2009, 23:22   #682

thanx machinefreak.
will take your advice :-). will go for minimal grey
Old 30th March 2009, 15:23   #683

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Congrats. How long was the waiting period? I booked the same model in Pune and the dealer and Fiat have been giving me the run around for 2 months now :(!!

Thank you.
Thanks CarsPG, it took about 6 weeks from the day I paid the advance for the delivery. Have been enjoying it since then. One question for all the guys 6 feet and + , do you feel the steering feels a bit far after driving for quite sometime ? Also if you are holding the wheel at the 10.10 position, it is awkward to get support for your elbows ? I have achived a FE of only 11.5 kpl driving enitrely in Mumbai. Guess it will improve after a few kms.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:43   #684
Senior - BHPian

Have any of you checked out Fiat India's homepage? It says "Great handling, Great response, Great speed. This time, we are talking about our service"

Nice one. Had me there for a moment!

They also have a zip file comparing spare part prices on their website. But no idea where they got the prices from. SX4's oil filter is listed at Rs.90 and spark plugs at Rs.240. I paid Rs.79 for oil filter and Rs.214 for spark plugs for my SX4 service at Navi Mumbai. But, I have to say that compared to my SX4, Linea petrol spares are quite competitive. That's pretty good considering that Maruti's generally have the cheapest spares basket.

Last edited by amit : 30th March 2009 at 17:56.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:46   #685
Team-BHP Support

Very heartening indeed. At least they know where to focus, lets hope they walk the talk
Old 31st March 2009, 16:32   #686
BHPian

Price Increase

I just got off the phone with my dealer and it seems they got a message that prices will increase from April (8k-20k).
He said he will confirm exactly when the new prices are effective.

Hope prices are effective after Apr 15.

Fingers crossed ...
Old 1st April 2009, 16:01   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapre View Post
Thanks CarsPG, it took about 6 weeks from the day I paid the advance for the delivery. Have been enjoying it since then. One question for all the guys 6 feet and + , do you feel the steering feels a bit far after driving for quite sometime ? Also if you are holding the wheel at the 10.10 position, it is awkward to get support for your elbows ? I have achived a FE of only 11.5 kpl driving enitrely in Mumbai. Guess it will improve after a few kms.

yes the 10 10 position of hands makes my right hand start paining as the hand rest on the door is placed/designed very low. my elbow doesnot reach the support and after a short drive my right hand starts paining. All this while the lest hand is well supported on the armrest which i feel is exactly placed where it should be. While driving also the left hand rests on the arm rest.
ANY SUGGESTION AS TO WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE SUPPORT????????
Old 1st April 2009, 19:02   #688
BANNED

Linea in White

Saw a white Linea in Mumbai on W.E. Highway near Malad yday night. It looked snowy white. However, I still like Flamenco Red.

from rear, Linea looked quite compact. Rear looks are quite different
Old 1st April 2009, 20:58   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
yes the 10 10 position of hands makes my right hand start paining as the hand rest on the door is placed/designed very low. my elbow doesnot reach the support and after a short drive my right hand starts paining. All this while the lest hand is well supported on the armrest which i feel is exactly placed where it should be. While driving also the left hand rests on the arm rest.
ANY SUGGESTION AS TO WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE SUPPORT????????
Alright, others are facing this problem as well, since I am just about 5'6" I thought I was too short and having this problem. What I am currently doing is putting the center arm rest at its lowest position and resting the left hand on the gear lever. The right arm, I lossely hold it just below the extension on the steering, so I have a close hold of the steering. It has worked for me on a really long drive over the weekend.

But the long throw of the gear spoled sport, on the trip but while return trip it was fine.
Old 1st April 2009, 22:19   #690
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
What I am currently doing is putting the center arm rest at its lowest position and resting the left hand on the gear lever.
I dont think its very healthy for the gear linkages if you to rest your hand on it while driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks