Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 08:42   #691
BHPian

guyz i too have booked my linea petrol emotion pack flamenco red from concorde chennai. seems the car is coming ahead of schedule and will be delivered in april 2 nd week. after seeing this thread i am planning to ask for discount in insurance too.
Old 2nd April 2009, 10:17   #692
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I just got off the phone with my dealer and it seems they got a message that prices will increase from April (8k-20k).
He said he will confirm exactly when the new prices are effective.

Hope prices are effective after Apr 15.

Fingers crossed ...
Emotion pack petrol price is increased by 8000-9000/-. Effective date for price increase is from 1st apr. If your car is billed (by fiat to dealer on or before 31st march), then prices increase will not apply. It'll apply to all cars billed on or after 1st apr
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:54   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Emotion pack petrol price is increased by 8000-9000/-. Effective date for price increase is from 1st apr. If your car is billed (by fiat to dealer on or before 31st march), then prices increase will not apply. It'll apply to all cars billed on or after 1st apr
Any increase in Diesel Emotion+? How much it is now on road in Pune? When launched it was 8.95 L OTR in Pune.

- Manish
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:03   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I dont think its very healthy for the gear linkages if you to rest your hand on it while driving.
Oh thats a first, but never had any issues with either my 800 or Esteem for a decade and half. Is this related to any pressure we put on the gear lever or is it related to the somethine else. Can you please elaborate?
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:34   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Any increase in Diesel Emotion+? How much it is now on road in Pune? When launched it was 8.95 L OTR in Pune.

- Manish
In Chennai the diesel E+ is up by 20-25K . Sales guy says no way he can give at old price. waiting period is now 2-3 weeks. Saw a white Linea there. Was not too impressed, but probably because it was dirty and dusty.

There was nano also there, with a HUGE crowd surrounding it, including a TV crew.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:44   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
In Chennai the diesel E+ is up by 20-25K . Sales guy says no way he can give at old price. waiting period is now 2-3 weeks. Saw a white Linea there. Was not too impressed, but probably because it was dirty and dusty.

There was nano also there, with a HUGE crowd surrounding it, including a TV crew.

Gears,
Red-One.
Oops,Increase in Linea price around 20-25K.
yep i am lucky.got linea at OTR 9.12 lakhs
now it might be close to 9.32 Lakhs.
whether you got this details from a reliable source?
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:34   #697
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post

Gears,
Red-One.
Sales guy is right. No way he can give at old price unless he has got some cars which are billed by fiat to the dealer on or before 31st march & he gives that car to you
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:37   #698
BHPian

I guess the price increase is a good thing in the long term view, seems Fiat is getting a confident about the response from the market that they even dare to raise the price, hopefully they wont out price themselves out of the market.
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:41   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post
I guess the price increase is a good thing in the long term view, seems Fiat is getting a confident about the response from the market that they even dare to raise the price, hopefully they wont out price themselves out of the market.
Confidence in fine Over-Confidence is not....hope fiat not heading for the second. Anyways price increase in Hyderabad as well, bigger hit will be Diesel, will get prices tomorrow evening.
Old 2nd April 2009, 18:23   #700
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Oh thats a first, but never had any issues with either my 800 or Esteem for a decade and half. Is this related to any pressure we put on the gear lever or is it related to the somethine else. Can you please elaborate?
I had read it on our forum itself i think, cant find that post now. Its something I used to do, but stopped recently after getting this info.

Old 2nd April 2009, 18:38   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I had read it on our forum itself i think, cant find that post now. Its something I used to do, but stopped recently after getting this info.
I had read it in this very forum. I am still in the process of getting rid of that habit.

Quote:
Confidence in fine Over-Confidence is not....
I am having a feeling of deja-vu. When Fiat India introduced Palio, almost every magazine in India awarded it the car of the year. The sales just zoomed. Fiat suddenly increased the price of Palio...
Old 2nd April 2009, 18:57   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne
Saw a white Linea there. Was not too impressed, but probably because it was dirty and dusty.
I saw a white (not pure white, but kind of off-white or cream) Linea in Kerala and I felt it was the best color for that car. I somehow find the red color of the Linea no great shakes - inspite of everyone here raving about that color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
Is this related to any pressure we put on the gear lever or is it related to the somethine else. Can you please elaborate?
Have also read it. IIRC it was in the car manual. However, I find it tough to let go of that old habit.
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:43   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I saw a white (not pure white, but kind of off-white or cream) Linea in Kerala and I felt it was the best color for that car. I somehow find the red color of the Linea no great shakes - inspite of everyone here raving about that color.

Have also read it. IIRC it was in the car manual. However, I find it tough to let go of that old habit.
Oh nooo...its out so soon then again, it has been a while the Linea was on road. As the saying goes very hard to let go of a bad habit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
I had read it in this very forum. I am still in the process of getting rid of that habit.

I am having a feeling of deja-vu. When Fiat India introduced Palio, almost every magazine in India awarded it the car of the year. The sales just zoomed. Fiat suddenly increased the price of Palio...
Sincerely, hope not, if Fiat is going to screw up this time we Linea owners are going to .
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:13   #704
Senior - BHPian

No, my idea was not to scare anyone. I am sorry if I did.

I sincerely hope this time around, Fiat does well in India. With cars like this, they definitely deserve to do better.

I am waiting for the day when they launch 1.6 JTD in Punto and Linea.
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:57   #705
Senior - BHPian

Lose the habit.

Quote:
When you rest your hand on a gear lever - there is a slight pressure which causes wear and tear on the linkages and calipers etc. when the vehicle is moving. Without the hand the change mechanism will vibrate alongwith the rest of the engine & gearbox, therefore there will be no relative movement between the parts. Your hand stops this vibration in the lever, links and calipers thereby causing them to move differently from the rest of the gearbox. The problem will increase when on rough roads.

Lose the habit.

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks