Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:17   #706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I saw a white (not pure white, but kind of off-white or cream) Linea in Kerala and I felt it was the best color for that car.
Yup, it's off white with a pearl effect. Closest I can think of is the off-white colour for Optra. I was waiting for the white to make up my mind but now looks like I'll stick with red and also shell out 20+K extra

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:10   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
guyz i too have booked my linea petrol emotion pack flamenco red from concorde chennai. seems the car is coming ahead of schedule and will be delivered in april 2 nd week. after seeing this thread i am planning to ask for discount in insurance too.
Your insurance should cost approximately Rs. 14,000 - 15,000. Bajaj Allianz and Reliance will probably give you the best quotes. Just go on their website and fill the form. Some one will call you back and you can take it from there.
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:37   #708
BHPian

Haven't TBHPians posted pics that showed Linea in pure/milky white color.
Are you guys sure what u saw wasn't "perla champagne" ?

Surprisingly, the vocal white on the Linea website appears like "Pearl white".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
Yup, it's off white with a pearl effect. Closest I can think of is the off-white colour for Optra. I was waiting for the white to make up my mind but now looks like I'll stick with red and also shell out 20+K extra

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 3rd April 2009, 13:19   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Haven't TBHPians posted pics that showed Linea in pure/milky white color.
Are you guys sure what u saw wasn't "perla champagne" ?

Surprisingly, the vocal white on the Linea website appears like "Pearl white".
Dunno. The sales guy said "white". champagne is their "gold" colour, right? The one I saw was not gold.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:10   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
When you rest your hand on a gear lever - there is a slight pressure which causes wear and tear on the linkages and calipers etc. when the vehicle is moving. Without the hand the change mechanism will vibrate alongwith the rest of the engine & gearbox, therefore there will be no relative movement between the parts. Your hand stops this vibration in the lever, links and calipers thereby causing them to move differently from the rest of the gearbox. The problem will increase when on rough roads.

Lose the habit.

Cheers,
Ouch...that hurt's to know. Thanks Ravendra next time I am going to make sure this stays in my mind and get over the habit.
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:44   #711
Senior - BHPian

Saw one black one near my office today. Gorgeous is an understatement!
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:32   #712
BHPian

plastics

hey if I am gonna spend some 8L buying a car, it better make some statement. While I havent test driven linea, one look at the interiors made me decisive about not buying it in the wildest of my dreams. The plastics in the interior are quiet gaudy to look at. Unrefined. Couple that with below averge dasboard and cockpit designing and the case is sealed for me. On the outside it looks okay.

Wonder what has happened to all that reputation of italian designing supremacy. Japs seem miles ahead.
Old 3rd April 2009, 17:10   #713
BHPian

Fiat had to do some cost-cutting to get us a D-segment car at C-segment prices. So I wouldn't mind a few cheap plastics here and there. Plus they have included so many new features like "my car", Blue n Me in the same price.
I think we should give Fiat some credit too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekool View Post
hey if I am gonna spend some 8L buying a car, it better make some statement. While I havent test driven linea, one look at the interiors made me decisive about not buying it in the wildest of my dreams. The plastics in the interior are quiet gaudy to look at. Unrefined. Couple that with below averge dasboard and cockpit designing and the case is sealed for me. On the outside it looks okay.

Wonder what has happened to all that reputation of italian designing supremacy. Japs seem miles ahead.
Old 3rd April 2009, 17:14   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekool View Post

Take a peep in the new city and the plastics inside, not sure if they are miles ahead. In fact they are pathetic and that was one of the things that put me down on the new city. In a sedan priced in the <10 L band it would be very difficult to get good looks, good engine and good plastics all as one integrated package. Better up your budget to around 12 and lot of things will fall in your range.
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:42   #715
BHPian

@Prateekool well its a matter of personal choice, but only a small fraction are not liking the car. But like luky said, you won't find everything good under 10L.
I absolutely love the car.
Old 6th April 2009, 11:05   #716
BHPian

Linea MJD mileage 25 Kmpl plus on decent highways

I had updated in another thread about my highway mileage report.
First 100 Kms (before I hit smaller road with a lot of speed bumps), I averaged 25.4 Kmpl at the average speed of 58 Kmph. I finished home to home 340 Km at 23.5 Kmpl within 6 hours. I'm loving it!
Old 6th April 2009, 12:09   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I had updated in another thread about my highway mileage report.
First 100 Kms (before I hit smaller road with a lot of speed bumps), I averaged 25.4 Kmpl at the average speed of 58 Kmph. I finished home to home 340 Km at 23.5 Kmpl within 6 hours. I'm loving it!
That is one heck of an impressive mileage. I would have been very happy with 18-20 on highways buy 23-25 is fabulous. Is this with/without AC?

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 6th April 2009, 16:01   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
That is one heck of an impressive mileage. I would have been very happy with 18-20 on highways buy 23-25 is fabulous. Is this with/without AC?

Gears,
Red-One.
This is with A/C throughout, with auto climate control set at 26 degree Celcius. I have more details at https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1247736-post86.html
Old 7th April 2009, 23:07   #719
BHPian

have u had issues with delivery of linea?

i was promised delivery of linea in 3 weeks when i booked my linea petrol flamenco red in chennai in mid march. i called the dealer today as the sales executive had said the car will be reaching today .( actually car was supposed to reach chennai on sunday but on sunday he said car i late by 2 days and will be coming on tuesday). when i called him today he now says car will come only on saturday. and delivery will be done only next tuesday and that too he is not sure. did anybody have similar issues with your dealer?.
i had paid a advance of rs 25000. now he wants me to pay the rest of the amount within this week all of a sudden ( he had told me earlier that i need to pay the rest only during delivery). should i pay the amount now? or i should tell him to show me my car first for me to pay the rest?. ( my loan is through . i have instructed the bank not to give the cheque directly to the dealer and instead give it to me which i can give to dealer when i wish to give). please tell me what to do
Old 8th April 2009, 00:26   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
i was promised delivery of linea in 3 weeks when i booked my linea petrol flamenco red in chennai in mid march. i called the dealer today as the sales executive had said the car will be reaching today .( actually car was supposed to reach chennai on sunday but on sunday he said car i late by 2 days and will be coming on tuesday). when i called him today he now says car will come only on saturday. and delivery will be done only next tuesday and that too he is not sure. did anybody have similar issues with your dealer? please tell me what to do
welcome to the world of the corrupt and uncaring dealer. the way it has panned out, i can guarantee that the car earmarked for you has been delivered to a 'customer' who walked in with the full amount and said, "cash down for immediate car"

escalate the issue and put your foot down. i was forced into the same position and had paid out over 7.5 lakh with no car in sight. the same story continued for 40 odd days till i finally lost it and had a go at everyone at the dealership from the owner to the sales executive (albeit in a restrained but persuasive manner )

thats when stuff started moving and i got the car in 15 days from then. stick to payment when the car gets to you. if they insist on full payment, escalate to fiat and then watch them shift.

all the best. i feel your pain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks